• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideas please - Run-down library/study

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so I've fallen in love with the broken bookcase, and decided the first floor of part of my house is going to be an untidy, dilapidated library of sorts. Piles of books, runebooks scattered about this place, all fitting in with the idea of a rather loved, old manor house.

Has anyone got any pics they're happy to share of something along these lines? I've trawled the deco thread and everyone's studies and libraries are so clean and orderly lol. Also, how/where does one obtain the "full" bookcases I've seen? I've been away from the game a while, my memory is full of holes lol.

Thanks in advance!

N

Nikodemus

Not excactly a library but i built a run down building
follow the road east of brit (trammel europa) untill u see a house that the roof collapsed 35o 57'N,42o 11'E
Sry for beeing lazy and not posting pics

Z

Zabrina

Heya!
Im also a big fan of that untidy library area though Ive not got around to making one yet. Ive found a couple pictures though, so maybe they can be of help.
As for the full bookcase, I think you mean the Academic Bookcase, which you'll probably have some trouble getting. You can make it with carpentry but you need "Academic Books" which is a lvl 8 artifact that only spawns in the Bedlam champ spawn area I believe, and Im pretty sure its camped. If you check prices on other servers on searchuo I see them for 14m each..
Anyway, you should be able to make an awesome library with regular deco items as well so have fun ^^
Hope noone minds that Im reposting their pictures.

Oh and you should check out this place, http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=150843 - its amazing, and has that "untidy" random look to it.

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zabrina,
What shards are those libraries on? I would love to go and look in person if the homes were still standing.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The book cases you fill can be bought on the Uo gamecodes website. They're an 11th year anniversary gift. =]

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the responses! I went to Runic Abbey... and I'm still speechless :O

One more question tho, how do folks place ladders inside? There has to be a trick to this that doesn't involve me building an open-air library *hopes*

H

hoangtrang

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

N

Ni-

Thank you for the responses! I went to Runic Abbey... and I'm still speechless :O

One more question tho, how do folks place ladders inside? There has to be a trick to this that doesn't involve me building an open-air library *hopes*
I believe the key to placing ladders indoors is that the area which the ladders are placed are 2 stories tall. Meaning there is no ceiling directly above where the ladders are placed. In some of those pics, that is the same reason why the book shelves look more than 1 story tall. If that is done starting from the bottom floor there is still room to put a roof, for that area, at the 3rd floor level, thus you don't end up with an 'open air' library.