• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideas for population

M

madsrant

So, at one time I played a LOT of UO. And I mean a LOT. I had my 3 accounts, all with 7x GM characters, houses(back in the every character could own a house days), rares, you name it. Then I gave them away after about 6 and a half years of playing.

A week or two ago, I decided that I wanted to give UO another chance. And i'm very pleased to say once again that I am a proud UO player.

I have noticed that on Origin the "community" is very sparse. I can spend an hour at any given bank in Trammel and not see a sole.

With that said, what can we doo to increase traffic in towns from our relativly low player base on this shard? I miss the days of being able to find players at a bank, hang out, sweep a dungeon area with them. The whole randomness.

One thing I would like to see would be so bigger and better events. Player run events. Not just the same ole run of the mill, lets go kill something. What about hosting a lottery? Or a random give-away?

What can we do about the seeming lack of interest here?

I implore you all, come up with ideas, good ideas. Ideas that we can impliment!

I will personally contribute 1 Million in gold as prizes, if we can get some good ideas to distribute it!

M

madsrant

I would also be happy to, if someone has some decent things going on, move from my current home, and place a new house, and help with whatever events are going on. (for the right events)

I

Intoxication

i hold a event every month and there are auctions every other week.
I am going to try to keep running the events but the prizes may need to be lessened a bit due to my banks starting to run thin.
this month is the nude dungeon run and next month is the pvp event. i normally run some type of tamer and or trammy event one month then a pvp event the next month to try to include every one. about a week before the events i drop books and runes all over the place.

M

madsrant

Sounds like a good a start!

How much do you usually put up for prizes?

M

madsrant

I know part of the issue here is the very low population.

When I playeda long time ago, I played on Atlantic and Napa.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Intox puts up a lot for prizes. Take a look at her previous posts and you'll et a good idea.

I runauctions bi-weekly, but when there are holidays like these two months, it can be hard to run events with so many folks gone for the holidays.

I've been running ideas past a couple Originals about an Xmas event, but so far we've come up with nill for ideas. =(

M

madsrant

I sent him a PM about an idea.

Has anyone considered doing a marathon event?

We used to do them in year 3 and 4 of UO on both Napa and Atlantic and they always worked out.

Just like any other marathon, there is an entry fee. Have people start in say, Yew...and they have to run (along the roads only) from city to city. We setup checkpoints along the way, that way people can't just recall from city to city.

With enough entries, we could award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.

-------------------------------------------------------

I really like the idea of PVP events, since it will include people in Fel, not just the people in Tram.

What it sounds liek is a few of us need to get together and work out some promotions.

--------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, to include everyone, not just those on the shard that like to do PVP or PVM, we could have a mule-days!

Get a panel of judges together, and we can have mules compete against each other for best armor, best weapons, best table...or challenge their creativity...get a tower, and have crafters make items, placing them in their designated room, to be judged not just on what they make, but how they present it.

If we have a population of "roleplayers" allow them to come take part in a cook-off.

----------------------------------------------------------

Really, I see a near endless supply of ideas. As I said, maybe you and I and Intox can get together and really come up with some good ideas! Then impliment some fun things to drive the people here on Origin together!

wow...that drug on for a lot longer than what I thought it would! lol

I

Intoxication

As i stated in the reply to your pm the nude run is just what you stated just not citys. you will be nude running for the check point to get your next clue.

i need about 2 helpers though. mages that can be check points and gate people to there next start point.