• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea: Mini-events?

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know we need the Devs to focus on the current stuff...
but I miss the mini events of old such as the smaller town invasions caused by the seer program. And I got to thinking that perhaps these could be built in to the servers and thought I'd post it to make it in publish 101 Ultima Online the 20th year anniversary (hehe assuming all the doom prophets are wrong and UO is not dieing)

Basically I would like to give certain spawn areas a certain amount of ambition. Let's take the Vesper cemetary. Imagine if you will that there is a chance that a lich lord spawns there (very slim chance) and decides to unite the undead and attack Vesper.

The scenario would be programmed and in place.
They would have the original spawn area plus a say 10 unactivated spawn areas leading to the center of Vesper
The server would roll a random number every hour between 1 and 1000 with a 1 indicating this event should fire.
The town criers would start talking about it.
The guards would have to be set to ignore monsters during this time.
The spawn rate of the area would be increased.
The closest new (formerly unactivated) spawn area generators would be activated when the original area reaches a spawn of 100 living monsters in its area.
This would be like a chain each spawn area activating the next when a certain amount of spawn is reached.
Reversely if the spawn is beaten back at an area it would cut off the previous spawn generator.
I would want it to look like an invasion wave which the players could hold back.
The end of the event would be the death of the lich lord (possibly named) which would cut off the increased spawn rate and deactivate the spawn areas.

The novelty of this idea is that it could happen at anytime...on any shard...if it happens on Atlantic it does not auto happen on GL for example.
There is so many set spawn areas that with a little imagination we could have 100 of these mini-events in that could fire anytime.
The orc fort near Cove decides to attack.
The lichs south of Yew decide they want to take over the monastary for wine.
The bulls of Delucia become blackrock infected and start stampeding.
You get the idea.