• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

idea for the economy

O

ozzynowgone

here is a idea instead of ea land being about money why not take the money motivation away

make it free green all the time

use sim jobs just for some spending cash for rare items

make catalog items free

make building free

male lots free

doing this will take the money motives away and would do away with the botters that everyone has issues with

then maybe would become a fun game based on community as it once was not just a race for simoleans

I

imported_Qute Pi

I don't ever think your idea will happen, but it sounds like a good one!

How would our world be if money wasn't necessary to play 85% of the game? I think it would be a lot nicer.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I don't know...what is the idea of the game?

I love to build, thats my favorite, something I can not do without simoleans. If those features were free I'd be the happiest sim in sim world!

O

ozzynowgone

i dont think they would do it either but sure would solve alot of issues wouldnt it

O

ozzynowgone

would depend on what motivates you to play the game my motives to play were relaxing and chatting with friends

now if your motives is to become a millionaire and buy lots of stuff this idea wouldnt be for you

but the basic premise of sims was community interactions not millionaire status

G

I agree that it would solve alot of problems but doubtful it will ever happen. making Simoleans and skilling are the point of the whole game. It was like that in sims 1 and 2 also.

G

I was just thinking of that in another thread

I would LOVE a sandbox city. I say city because then the people who love simoleans can have their own thing going on.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that it would solve alot of problems but doubtful it will ever happen. making Simoleans and skilling are the point of the whole game. It was like that in sims 1 and 2 also.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sims 1 I just used rosebud and then enjoyed the game as I would normally. and there was a mushroom I downloaded that would fill my skills and other stuff...heck I didn't even bother greening. lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to disagree, the point of my game never revolved around simoleans or skilling. Different people, different points.

You could still skill, the best part of skilling is all of the interactions (imo anyway). Also building things or having skills just to have them. Skilling could be the same.

P

PB Three

I used to be that way, Qute. It got incredibly boring and un-satisfying. I still love large houses &amp; such, it just doesen't give me the accomplishment feeling of being a self-made sim.

I would agree to a compromise. I consider TSO "The Sims 1 with a chat-room attached".

I think the best option would be a sandbox city as stated above. Not to segregate people not interested in the business aspect from those that are; but to make it easier to co-ordinate. IMHO, it wouldn't make sense to have certain 'districts' be sandbox type in TSO. (Just to point another example.)

PB Three

O

ore

Payout for skills money houses that have houses open (with 50% capacity filled)to public for at least 8 hours. Set limit of amount of visitors on properties to 18 (20 with 2 jumps). More places will have a chance of succeeding, offering the same skills, and give the skillers a choice of where they choose to visit. And no one or two places can monolopolize the game.

Those houses that are designated "money house" or "skill house" will not be getting payouts unless the above is met, and will have to earn their way just as everyone else does.

O

ozzynowgone

the whole idea is to get rid of the prusuit of simoleans not skill to get simoleans kust have a weekly allowance with sim jobs for a small payout just to buy rares and such as custom content the idea is to get rid of the money economy build on the community instead

T

turtleface

I love the idea of having it like that in just ONE city, that would be a fun place to try out building ideas, chat and play around etc.
But if it was like that everywhere, I would cancel my accounts immediately... if I wanted a game where you can build and furnish places for free and chat in them, i'd be playing one of the many games that are already like that, but with better graphics, larger communities, and more customisation. I already go to active worlds when i don't feel like making money and just want to build and chat. I'm pretty sure it would be the death of tso.
I play tso because it is a life simulation- which is fun to me. I like having to take care of my sims's needs. I like greening them, and working hard to make nice houses for them, i like gaining skills, and i love making money for them, even when payouts are miserably low like they are now.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

This takes the point of the game away the sims was made as a RL Simulator, and there would technically be no economy if there was nothing to buy with simoleans, which would make them useless. A economy if based on the amount of money on circulation, if all of a sudden the circulation stops, the economy is in trouble.

The game would be too easy, if we could all have size 8's and the most expensive items.

Why not make a map in EA Land thats a sandbox mode instead?

O

ozzynowgone

so are you saying the economy is good now

judging from all the complaints i see i doubt its good

my idea didnt involve no money just limit the money to the jobs and a allowance is all

which in turn would take away the incentive to endlessly make money and the community can get back to just having fun

this type of game would also completely get rid of botting if there isnt much need for money why buy it from botters

however i do know they wont ever do as i suggest i just believe it would solve alot of the trouble that is going on in game now

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't ever think your idea will happen, but it sounds like a good one!

How would our world be if money wasn't necessary to play 85% of the game? I think it would be a lot nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory this *sounds* like a good idea....but in actuality all it would do is make it more of what people have said for a long time it is: a virtual chatroom with electronic 'dolls' representing ourselves. If the game was also free to play for everybody, this might not be such a bad thing, but the question has been posed time and time again, why would anybody want to PAY to chat and goof off, any more than they already pay for their internet service to begin with, that is?

I think the maxed skills/no greening on residential lots is a good compromise....when people don't want to participate in the skill/money/skill/money rat race, and they want to see what an interaction that they or nobody around them has while chatting with friends and making new ones, they just go hang out at a residential lot for a 'vacation' from all that of sorts. Such breaks are fun, but just like when our free green weekends end up being free green weeks, there *is* too much of a good thing, ya know?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think the best option would be a sandbox city as stated above. Not to segregate people not interested in the business aspect from those that are; but to make it easier to co-ordinate. IMHO, it wouldn't make sense to have certain 'districts' be sandbox type in TSO. (Just to point another example.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If we had multiples of the playerbase that we have now, I'd agree with you. As it is now, we're already hearing reports of TC3 being a 'ghost town' because everybody has flocked to EA Land. I strongly feel that dividing the community further would only serve to cause the same thing. A sandbox 'district' (like there will be sections representing each of the current cities as they are merged) might be a compromise, but they've already given us sandboxes in everything but building with the residential free greening lots. You don't have to mess with skilling, making money, or greening, the only thing you can't do is buy objects for free or build your own lot, but if that's what you find passion in there's TS1 and TS2 to use rosebud and kaching and motherlode to your hearts' content to try out ideas before using simoleans in-game to create them without having to worry about wasting simoleans with rebuild after rebuild after rebuild. TS2 building is different, but not TS1. I realize (or at least I think) TS1 isn't compatible with Vista, but that's a Vista issue and one that people should have known about long ago as much as its been talked about, so I'm not understanding why the tools we already have aren't be utilized to their fullest, and instead you're asking for more.....

O

ozzynowgone

this whole thread was a idea to chat about i just believe if the money isnt the object any longer than ppl wont be obsessed with getting more and more and therefore ppl can get back to this game being about the community again as it once was

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I just spent 3 years playing in sandbox cities where everyone had more money than they ever needed to do anything.

Most new players were bored within a week of their two week free trial and left.

Want a sandbox?...go play offline sims.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I just have one question...

Male lots free?

(nope...making everything free would be certain and sudden death for TSO. Players need to have things to work for.)

M

mameloot

Not flaming your idea, just don't agree with it.
It sounds completely boring.

I like the challenge of working towards my goal, yes even the lower payouts. If that means it takes me a month to be able to afford to buy my property - great. If it takes a year to build &amp; furnish it - so be it. I don't play to be handed everything.

If there's something that I really want right away, I can buy $$. Otherwise, practice patience.

We will get used to the new economy scale. It's just a change, and change is rarely comfortable.

mame

PS - though I'd like to know where I can get my hands on one of the male lots free!!! lol

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

PS - though I'd like to know where I can get my hands on one of the male lots free!!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....I wanna know where those are or maybe they are currently.....
Paid Male Lots?

G

Well here is an idea. I dont know if it is possible or not though.
Bots make their money from the money objects, not from work. So therefore why not add a little something to the money objects. When you click a money object, before the sim can actually do the work, put a little code there. Something like, there is a word. The word is say idea. Then under that word, have 3 words. ikea, idea and flea. The human has to match the word in order to work the machine. Other than that, only thing I can think of is to remove the money objects and that will not go over good.

I

Inge Jones

Well there should be somewhere you can go and practice building for free, a lot that gets wiped every hour or something, it doesn't seem fair that you pay a load of money to make a wall and then do it wrong because it's your first time using the wall tool.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just have one question...

Male lots free?

[/ QUOTE ]ZOMG! It's raining men!!!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Well there should be somewhere you can go and practice building for free, a lot that gets wiped every hour or something, it doesn't seem fair that you pay a load of money to make a wall and then do it wrong because it's your first time using the wall tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I practiced using wall tools with offline sims games

O

ozzynowgone

kinda funny how you [censored] on the whole concept and [censored] on the post since i did a typo if all you wanna do is be a critic of my typing ability why not just move on to a different thread and shut the hell up

G

since i did a typo

If you don't want people commenting on your typos, why not take the time to re-read your post before hitting 'Continue'?

The exploit at the beginning of last year did take the money motivation away. And almost destroyed TSO. But it did renew Luc's interest in the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Oh please....I wasn't being critical of you or trying to make fun of you.....you just gave me a good giggle at work....which I well deserve sometimes and am deeply greatful for since I work in collections.

Sorry if you took it as an insult.....and you can tell me to shut up all you want....sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

As for your concept, I already said....it won't work. Building houses is one of the main activities and most popular and probably one of the most steady money drains since people are constantly switching them up. I doubt if EA would make building free.

O

ozzynowgone

i know they wont ever do it was just a idea for discussion however i see that everone likes the whole scrambling for money idea so forget i brought it up