• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea for Pet Training

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow INT to increase spell damage similar to how STR increases melee damage. Add a check & balance to how many points can go into STR & INT on the same pet. Like how 700 is the STR cap. Make INT have a cap too, and also, make a cap to balance out the max for both at the same time. Like, 550 for each, maximum. Just a rough idea.

This would make it so you can have pets specialize in a magic focused builds, without having to use STR as the primary stat.

Please discuss!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Allow INT to increase spell damage similar to how STR increases melee damage. Add a check & balance to how many points can go into STR & INT on the same pet. Like how 700 is the STR cap. Make INT have a cap too, and also, make a cap to balance out the max for both at the same time. Like, 550 for each, maximum. Just a rough idea.

This would make it so you can have pets specialize in a magic focused builds, without having to use STR as the primary stat.

Please discuss!
Strength and Intelligence do "balance" out now. That is why blue beetles with 500 intel can only go up to 678 strength. Also, my understanding is that "once upon a time" the intel DID factor into SDI for pet spells. After which I built a few magic using pets with 700 intel, with lower strength. It was then changed, and those scrolled pets are now worthless. @Bleak @Kyronix any thoughts on this?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what your saying, a better suited casting pet as apposed to a pure melee pet. I agree the scale should slide with more clarity- strength verses Intelligence for a more powerful casting pet and vice versa. I do think pet love will be another twenty years in the coming:[

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No thanks. I don't want to have to make one of these ugly things.

upload_2018-5-31_17-22-30.png

And there is a cap for Str/Dex/Int.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always loved Serpentine Dragons. This is one of the pets I was thinking of when I came up with the idea. Maybe lower the total INT of a Serpentine Dragon a bit? Max of 700 or so like the STR cap? 800 just for some fun!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah they wont do that, sampires can dish out 1000s of dmg points and leeches , but having giant dragon like pets that supposedly weigh 1000s of pounds, with gigantic razorlike claws and ferocious verocity do that ??? Too OP :p