• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Idea for a new Vet Reward

D

DHMagicMan_1

Maybe a something between year 1 or 3 or something like that?

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd start a different Vet Reward Ideas thread...

I'd like the idea of a "Grow Box" or "Green House" as a Vet Reward... but hear me out... Holds no more than 12 or 24 plant at a time, you load it and hit start and you leave it alone through minimum of 2 down times... if it hasn't been long enough you get "It's not ready yet" and if it's been more than 3 down times you get "They've been neglected and died." but if you check it after either 2 or 3 down times you have 12 or 24 plants at stage 7 all Vibrant with random yellows for water, bugs and fungus... All plants loaded in Green House must be loaded with Fertile Dirt.

You wouldn't have to load it full if you don't want but you can't add or remove in the middle of the cycle.

Thoughts?

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My reply would be the same as also stated in the other thread:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101773

If it was upto me they would just grow regular style.
And that they have 125 spots just like a regular container. (and take house locks accordingly to the amount dropped in the container just like every secure does)
I also don't wish to start up yet another spreadsheet to keep track of a new plant system.

My idea behind the "Grow Box" was more to relieve the hassle of timing plants chars.
And now with the hassle of the new style plants not being able to tend in lockdown modus, I am forced to put plants on chars.

I play one account, have one house, I do not mind using my locks for plants, I do mind having them on chars and keeping these on a timer.
My bank boxes are full with other stuff so I have my house mostly for my plants.
Also I grow so many plants it wouldn't fit on one char, and the for others I play actively with, means if I wish to go hunt they need to lock the plants down and not forget to pick them up before (re)logging, for this reason aswell they do not use beetles.

I like the way it is that one needs to checkup and tend the plants once a day, gives the feeling one is growing stuff.
But it would be nice to have to freedom to choose WHEN that once a day is.
And not worry because one is for whatever reason delayed to have your timing messed up and in the worst case loose a day growth.
I myself am so used to "lockdown" plant growing, and having them on the same timer.
This, the character timing thing and not to have to sacrifce a character as a plant holder, are the main reasons why I came up with this idea.

L

Lord Drakelord

Fertile Dirt
Sorry but as much as I like the idea about a Green house box I don't like this part. I rather they came up with a seed bag.

B

Beastmaster

A golden trowel that sets an appropriately aged plant to deco mode and adds a "grown by" tag to the plant. double click trowel, target plant, presto.

Possible addition, trowel could be charged by a runed switch and the charges could be used to dig fertile dirt from normal dirt areas. double click trowel, target dirt, 5 fertile dirt in backpack. (runed switches are a pain to make, hence 5 dirt, maybe even more)

Another possible use, trowel could be used to identify unknown seeds after they are put in bowls. double click trowel, target bowl with seed, plant type becomes known. (uses a charge if above addition used)

Several uses for a single reward that would surely be easy to code.