• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'd like to thank the devs...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For wasting 5 hours of my time training pets and working blacksmithing this morning. It was awesome going from 110.3 to 115.7 blacksmithing all to see it revert, as well as the roughly 97ish to 99ish gain my nightmare got during that time as well on her magery. Perhaps in the future you will do a cranial-rectal extraction BEFORE you attempt such a large move and actually have some idea of the problems you might cause. Then again, based on history, that might be too much to ask.:thumbdown:

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You think you have problems?? I lost a whole character i spent months training. This so called downtime this morning was supposed to fix that but I just logged back in and still missing my 6th character. :mad:

W

Woodsman

I'm still missing my 7th character slot and I don't think it's a coincidence. This is another sign that they seriously need to fix uogamecodes.com and just do away with it and make the items a part of the account subscription stuff.

I still don't get why they farmed out uogamecodes.com because I seriously doubt it's saved them any money at this point.

Let me buy it in my account subscription area, and pop up a gump when I log in. No weird codes or anything, no third party billing for those codes.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.......For not testing anything yet again and managing to **** off they few gamers left on uo.

Well thats my end to the sentance anyway.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For wasting 5 hours of my time training pets and working blacksmithing this morning. It was awesome going from 110.3 to 115.7 blacksmithing all to see it revert, as well as the roughly 97ish to 99ish gain my nightmare got during that time as well on her magery. Perhaps in the future you will do a cranial-rectal extraction BEFORE you attempt such a large move and actually have some idea of the problems you might cause. Then again, based on history, that might be too much to ask.:thumbdown:
You mean you actually thought it was a good idea to attempt anything worthwhile considering the almost certain reality that such a large scale endeavor as moving an entire database over to another system wasn't a risky enough proposition? That's like being told grenade training will be in progress Saturday between the hours of 9am and ALL day and you still go out and play in the grenade potholes, get blown up and whine about it? Wow, just wow.

Where is the logic for your actions?? I can't see where you can really blame anyone other than yourself since you had weeks of advance warning about what to expect today.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean you actually thought it was a good idea to attempt anything worthwhile considering the almost certain reality that such a large scale endeavor as moving an entire database over to another system wasn't a risky enough proposition? That's like being told grenade training will be in progress Saturday between the hours of 9am and ALL day and you still go out and play in the grenade potholes, get blown up and whine about it? Wow, just wow.

Where is the logic for your actions?? I can't see where you can really blame anyone other than yourself since you had weeks of advance warning about what to expect today.
^This
I could understand it if new players had this trouble, cuz they dont know the history of the game. But anyone whos played uo a while should have known that it was risky to do anything in game during this period.
And those who are crying like children that they lost stuff.... just shut up and wait, they will fix it for you.
Need a stop to all the posters that log in, see somethings wrong and then instead of submiting a bug report or help query they just run to Uhall and cry as loud as they can in hopes the Devs see thier post, when they could have easily cut out the middleman (stratics) and contacted support directly and sparing us another thread of whine.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nuts! In the early days, they would time warp up to 3 or 4 days for no greater reason than a bad spot on the last backup tape. At that time, I would log on every character when I started the game just to see who was standing out in the wilderness dead or nearly so. No skill gains were ever certain unless they were there for at least a week.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure that the account migration was the Devs' idea. Probably something EA made all their Mythic titles do.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nuts. We used to have regular time warps of a few hours to a few weeks. When backups were done on tape and the servers crashed up to 5 times a day, I used to logon every char every day to see who was left out in the wilds by a reset. Before pet bonding, lots of blessed stuff and insurance, I would often log onto a char that I had left safe at home or in an inn and find a ghost with nothing left and on foot.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nuts. We used to have regular time warps of a few hours to a few weeks. When backups were done on tape and the servers crashed up to 5 times a day, I used to logon every char every day to see who was left out in the wilds by a reset. Before pet bonding, lots of blessed stuff and insurance, I would often log onto a char that I had left safe at home or in an inn and find a ghost with nothing left and on foot.
Way to An Corp a thread that is over a year old.:gun:

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to An Corp a thread that is over a year old.:gun:
A year old? What has happened to this place? Used to be anything over 2 days would scroll off the end of the page. Instead of UO is dead, people should be starting Stratics is dead threads.