• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I would Like to Take a moment and Remember the Shard that was called LA *DELETED*

C

Chango Pelon

*points to Art Contest Thread*

People were busy trying to win the Picaso award.

Seriously though, after the Holidays, we should see some more action and I know first hand there are some events going to be taking place. Wether nor not people choose events over Doom is another story.

O

OptPrime

Unite the entire shard, and try to take felucca. Theres nobody at the gate, because theres nobody for us to fight.

So, unless you consider sneaking a spawn off from time to time, to give the shard life... try felucca. Unite the many trammel based guilds, and try to dab into player vs player. Try to take and keep spawns. You dont have to go red to do it, trust me if there are players in Felucca... there will be reds around to fight with you!

Or just farm doom.. whatever.

I

imported_Lundan

Hey, I saw me in that first pic...I've been on, just invisible alot. Working stealth on a new char, so I've been locked away in my house. The whole shard has been a ghost town though. Hopefully it's just the holidays, but it's probably just a sign of things to come. I tried buying some armor & weps this weekend, and it was impossible to find the basic items that once flourished 6 months ago at almost every Luna vendor. I think every shard is experiencing a bit of a slow down. Even U.Hall seems dead, which isn't a good sign...

I

Iwilleatyoursoul

I left lake austin the first time because it was pretty much dead....I considered coming back but each time I scout the shard doesn't look too interesting... I'd say probably the only reason I'd ever come back is if I found a cheap luna/zento max storage house......then even then I would have to think really hard O_O.

R

RestlessLA

cheap luna/zento house? a zento house fell down a couple days ago, not sure if anyone bothered to place a new one there yet... pretty sure u could land a zento house cheap

I

imported_lindylou

It's the reason I shut down the auctions and the reason I'm contemplating closing accounts. It is so very depressing.

G

Nope noone's placed there yet and that used to be mine if you are talking about the East gate 18*18 that fell... that must have been a blast since it had quite a few years worth of goodies in it. I was very sad when it fell. I had just been given a 30 day time code and was reinstalling UO on my second computer so I could swap it to my other acct with another home owner, you know, do the swap to save deal, and I fell asleep while going through all the client updates... and this was Christmas night so I was a little drunk so I guess passed out is more the word I'm looking for lol. Anyways I woke up and it had dropped. Someone made out nice with the loot that was in there for sure. I had vet rewards, rare statues in full sets/almost full sets, I had ranger armor and a couple other old school rares. Oh well, thats life! I still own a castle that I have setup as direct payment from a CC so this time I won't lose anything. I plan on keeping the ole castle and may make a return, never know! Gonna scout out the other shards, maybe go back to Atlantic Shard again, at least there is almost always someone to fight or hunt with over there...

G

I myself have taken a bit of time away from the game ...but still log in two three times a week to check on things. The thing that turned me off a bit was the Magincia Invasion. It was fun for the most part but the attitude of most of the folks there fighting and such was just crappy. I think that alot of folks have changed their attitudes alot lately towards UO in general mainly since KR came out. All the boohoos and blah blahs have jaded alot on the game. I still love UO dont get me wrong but right now I have no real goals to attain in game and there's really not much to do. Hopefully when the holidays are over I can get my mind cleared and get back in and start focusing on matters in game again.
Love all and miss all those i know and dont see anymore.

G

Yup I am about to put my luna house up for sale and jump shards to Lake Superior. LA is dead, business is slow. Noones ever on it seems. Dont know if I will ever come back to LA if I leave this next time.

I

imported_Az of DSR

I took 4 or 5 months off, didnt log in or even think about Uo. Im refreshed and ready for another couple years of Uo probably. Im a loner by nature anyways, but thats why I came to LA, not over populated.....

Sounds like you guys need a large shard full of people. I like LA ( =

G

LA is a very nice shard, but its dead... Deader then I can remember it being. Alittle life on a shard would sure be a nice welcome change. Miss hanging out at west brit bank with everyone.

G

To me thats what hurt LA the most...when the BRit invasion happened and everyone migrated to Luna. I am sure many wouldhave used Luna for what it is being used now...but the fun ath WBB was always best. Hell even Skara Brae was fun to hang out in. Theres just alot of things that cant be brought back no matter how hard we try and i think thats what is most upsetting. But I will be getting my heels back in here soon. Hope to see some folks around.

I

imported_tek

Guess I’m kind of like everyone else, the game seems to be in a lull. Personally I think doing away with the event moderators really hurt UO since it would give the shard & game life in between the big events. I’m currently cleaning out one of my houses so I can close that account since there really isn’t enough going on to justify having two accounts anymore.

R

RestlessLA

yo elvish archer, i know who got everything from ur house that fell.. and odds are he will give u ur stuff back
since he was friended to ur homes

G

I think I know who it may have been. And it would be likely that the person would give my stuff back to me. I would be willing to let them keep what they wanted obviously but some of that stuff I would love to get back if possible! Especially some the stuff that's really game breakers like soulstones, regs (yes I still have chars that need em) and mainly the sentimental and or personal type items. Let me know if you can get in touch with that person. I had quit sorta, due to military obligations for a while, then some personal issues. Then when I did come back, no one was around ever. If there are still people to play with that are friends from the past then I may be back for good! Just I'll only be using the Castle in Trammel from now on.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have good news and bad news about the Tokunos house that fell. I believe that I got most of what was there, but I did not pick up everything and did not pick up your soulstones. I thought that you had finally decided to quit because I had not seen you on since June and had no way to communicate with you other than your bulletin board at the fallen home. I was actually quite fortunate to check on your status the night before the house fell. I have periodically recalled to your place to check the latest messages -- the last message from June said you would be back "soon". I do have the ranger armor and some of the other things that you mentioned that I am happy to return. I wish I would have picked up the soulstones, but my places are too full for such a deco piece. I just hope this provides an incentive for you to play more. :) I have a rune to your castle, so lets set up a time to meet there so I can return what I can. I am in CST. Look forward to hearing from you.

G

Wonder if anyone grabbed my soulstones or if they got nabbed by the server restart in the morning. Oh well... I don't play enough to really worry to much about that I guess. I will be playing my peace/tamer more then likely since I can solo a lot of stuff that keeps me interested and an empty shard kinda requires that you can play solo.

Anyways, I'll log in on TooLips tomorrow occasionally between 11am-2pm EST and see if we bump into each other! Great to know I was only missing ya and someone still plays! No offense meant towards those of you who still play... you are ALL someone lol just not the someone I refer to
)

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should be able to log on some during the time you will check in. I have your entire rune library as well as most if not all of the volumes of treasure maps that you had. Look forward to seeing you later today (already almost 2 a.m. here right now).

C

Chango Pelon

Check out the post by zig or the event calendar for the soon to end contest. Maybe spark a little playing drive in you guys.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've jumped on a few times in the past two to three hours, but have not seen you at your castle. My various chars are often found in Luna and lately I've been in doom a lot. If you bring your chars there, we may be able to hook up. Otherwise, we will need to set up a time. I will be on the road tomorrow and get back to my normal routine on the 2nd, which means that I am generally only available on weekend and evenings. Just a matter of time before we can meet.

G

Personally, I like unpopulated shards - I spent years on Lake Superior, and would never go back to the lag and the overabundance of jerks on the busier shards. I think it all boils down to making good friends, belonging to a good guild made up of decent people who stay in touch in and out of the game, and organizing fun things to do while trying out new skills, new challenges, and new places. I've been playing UO for almost 8 years and the Ultima series of games for 22 years, and I'm not bored yet. But then, I don't calibrate my "excitement meter" by what other people are doing... I make my own fun.

Just my two cents worth!

Xcentric / Mobius
Emissary of UMP

G

I wish to express my deepest gratitude towards the kind actions performed by Xanthril of LA!

This guy is great folks... last night he returned most of what was lost in the house IDOC. Without going into extreme details, I was serving 6 months Duty in none other than Iraq and had just gotten home December 12th. Had some personal issues to deal with when I got home and now I'm back, both home and in game!

Xanthril of LA is a stand up person whom has excellent ethics and plays this game for community enjoyment, as evidenced by his selfless act last night. If I added up the prices of items he returned to me, it would be in at least the hundreds of millions. Players like this deserve recognition! If you see him in game give him a pat on the shoulder for he is a great person!

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the kind words Elvish Archer. I am just glad that I was in the right place at the right time and that somehow the winds of fate gave me the opportunity to return the stuff. Welcome back to the game.

H

Hellsgate

Hey lets bring up a post that is like a month old thats how bored we are!!!

O

Orion Pax LA

Your not gonna get any new players until UO redoes it graphics and upgrades. One of EAs biggest problems (and why I left) is that you cannot find anything UO related in stores. You cannot find any copies of the game unless you spend hours online and maybe sign up (and pay $20) to even be able to buy a downloadable version of UO. And by the looks of the Screenshots KR is still not up and running like its supposed to.

After my pc crashed, the only way I could find that I could come back and play was to spend $20 for a website so I could spend another $20 to download the game. Nobody wants to do that.

And another thought, the game that I play now....everybody in it has promoted it somehow by making movies of them playing the game. Its actually pretty easy to do. Fraps.com has a site where you can download a program that will let you record video of your screen. And with something like Windows Movie Maker you can edit and add music and stuff to it. When you get done making your movie, post it on YouTube or somewhere.

But thats about your only options. EA is not going to do anything to promote to the public about UO still being alive. To tell you the truth, I don't remember any kind of public promotion of UO since EA took over.

I do hope yall get something going to keep it alive. UO is the historically first MMORPG. That should mean something to EA.