• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i wish to fish.....

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am a convert from ultima online, mainly as i was banned from it (dont ask).
i keep trying to fish and even go regularly to the trainer in lakeshire but i cannot learn it, ie i dont get the option.
oh and can it be played in a form where i can see my icq at the bottom or is it full screen only?

M

Maghica

All your spells are in your 'spellbook', 1 of the little buttons at the bottom of your screen.
-Drag the 'fishing' icon in your quickbar
-buy a fishing rod from the NPC
-equip fishingrod
-stand next to water
-click the fishing icon in your quicbar
You will now launch the fishline in the water and you see a small bobber.
When you have a fish on the hook, the bobber will jump up and down and you have to click on it. Shezam! a fish!

Also next to your spellbook you have a button where you can change video options, sounds, macros etc.. 1 of these options has a choice: full screen or windowed

C

Caelas

I don't think you need rage to fish...possibly just an easier area to fish.

Unlike UO, you have to be at a certain level of fishing to fish in certain spots. I don't remember the requirements of Lakeshire (I've not played WoW for a while) but I do know that if you head to Stormwind, you can fish in the Canal District to start with.

Also just a tip...if you are going to fish, might as well pick up cooking as well, so you can cook what you catch. They level up slightly together...ok, fishing is harder...but once you hit higher levels you can cook up some pretty fun stuff from what you catch.

L

Lillyuo

what error are you getting exactly? because if your skill isnt high enough, it flat out says it when you try to cast..in which case, run to the auction house and buy some bobbles.

M

Madis

Yeah, some of the things in WOW seem a bit bass-ackwards (did ya get my joke BASS-ackwards, fishing, Bass, ya know, ok) but it's like Lillyuo sez, get some lures (baubles), go to a low lvl spot, and when the bobber dips in the water, you have to click on it. Good Luck