• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I will be casting the powerful meteor swarm spell tonight.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will be performing this spell tonight at around 7pm est tonight and the spell will peak around 10pm est. I will be focusing the spell near the constilation Gemini. (For those wonding what in bloody hell I'm talking about the Geminids are tonight)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the skies are clear here - and they tend to cloud over at the slightest hint of any interesting celestial goings on - we will be out watching :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just don't involve any blackrock and all should be fine.
(Got telescope out here in Hawaii... but a passing front might be a pain.)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a telescope too. But, our little corner of off the mainland Scotland is notorious for winter gales, and is currently unseasonably cold for us. A 40mph wind + windchill well below 0 is not a happy combination! Plus, the cloud. Red alert for aurora? Oh look, it's cloudy. Moonbow? Cloudy. Airglow? Cloudy. Again!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just don't involve any blackrock and all should be fine.
(Got telescope out here in Hawaii... but a passing front might be a pain.)
If you check online I believe the comet patheon (which is the comet causing the shower) can be seen on the horizon tonight. Its an +11 magnitude so wont be visable with the naked eye.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have a telescope too. But, our little corner of off the mainland Scotland is notorious for winter gales, and is currently unseasonably cold for us. A 40mph wind + windchill well below 0 is not a happy combination! Plus, the cloud. Red alert for aurora? Oh look, it's cloudy. Moonbow? Cloudy. Airglow? Cloudy. Again!
I'm in Rhode Island where it's 9 degrees with wind chill. Dress in layers :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh we do, we do! Layers, big boots, etc etc. It's impossible to use a large telescope in that sort of weather though; the wind + gusts make it impossible!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cloudy as all get out here won't be able to see anything anyway...