• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I was trying to find people on Atlantic doing anything other than Bank Sitting

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I transferred some characters to Atlantic in order to find people fighting in PvE. I was unable to find anyone except at the bank.

I mean. I couldn't find a single person fighting anything at all.

Where are people "hanging out" these days?

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I transferred some characters to Atlantic in order to find people fighting in PvE. I was unable to find anyone except at the bank.

Where all were you looking.

Underwater, scalis at new mag docks, and roof have people all the time

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Usually the place is full. Also people are doing stuff. Plus ATL is probably the only shard with real PvP. There are lots of folks about doing stuff. It is the most active shard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah there are players who call out and make gates to encounters on Atlantic very often.

Friday night is not the most lively night on UO.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been sailing around the past week or so myself... getting some cargo for my Pirate life

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On Atlantic you can usually find folks at Shadowguard, doing Peerless bosses, taming Cu's/Hiyrus for rare colors, underwater boss, Cora etc. Typically have to think high end stuff there. Very few folks do dungeon crawls.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I've been sailing around the past week or so myself... getting some cargo for my Pirate life
So you attack pirate ships/Merchant Ships with your Cannon first, make them scuttled, then you can board them and kill the crew / captain /Pirate, then you plunder the goods. How many cannon blasts usually you need to do? What is your usual cost in Ammo?
Also : You stash the cargo..You need to have lots of room in your house for it till Pirates Life lands? My little dump house is about full mostly of just crap items. Wonder if I should do some house cleaning (Agh..about time..Dread the thought.. :cursing:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It used to be that I could go to Covetous and see at least 10 people.
Just guessing but that was likely shortly after the revamp of the dungeon. Crowds are fickle and move along to the latest greatest things...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you attack pirate ships/Merchant Ships with your Cannon first, make them scuttled, then you can board them and kill the crew / captain /Pirate, then you plunder the goods. How many cannon blasts usually you need to do? What is your usual cost in Ammo?
Also : You stash the cargo..You need to have lots of room in your house for it till Pirates Life lands? My little dump house is about full mostly of just crap items. Wonder if I should do some house cleaning (Agh..about time..Dread the thought.. :cursing:
Scuttle/plunder (takes 12 or so cannon shots?) Ammo is in their ship holds so it really is kind of self sustaining. Take all their cargo and turn it in to build up points...the black market is live so you are just building up your account until the new rewards drop. No need to clear house for cargo unless you are stocking up to sell later.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Scuttle/plunder (takes 12 or so cannon shots?) Ammo is in their ship holds so it really is kind of self sustaining. Take all their cargo and turn it in to build up points...the black market is live so you are just building up your account until the new rewards drop. No need to clear house for cargo unless you are stocking up to sell later.
Awesome. So Cargo comes in chests labelled Cargo? Is Cargo very heavy, so you need to put in Beetle etc? Then you turn these in to whom in Black Market? Would be nice to be able to recall there also.
Also do you need to be on a quest to do this?
Ty in advance.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Black market is in Bucs Den next to the bank so you can recall there. The turn in char is just west of the bank and hard to miss.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It used to be that I could go to Covetous and see at least 10 people.
Ya they were doing the void pool, trying to beat the record, and get the shield drop. But now they have moved onto other things.

On Atlantic you can usually find folks at Shadowguard, doing Peerless bosses, taming Cu's/Hiyrus for rare colors, underwater boss, Cora etc. Typically have to think high end stuff there. Very few folks do dungeon crawls.
These and scalis are the hot spots now.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

shopping

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awesome. So Cargo comes in chests labelled Cargo? Is Cargo very heavy, so you need to put in Beetle etc? Then you turn these in to whom in Black Market? Would be nice to be able to recall there also.
Also do you need to be on a quest to do this?
Ty in advance.
cargo is surprisingly very light

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Also the Twisted Wield is usually busy. You are likely to find me there spawning Colored Cus and high Stat Cus. Spent like 2 hours last night there, 3-5 others usually popping in diff times. I got 2 hi stat / good stat Valorite color for myself, and a black one for my friend 2-3 nights ago. Black one was a nice catch, I hope he sells it well. I also spend time there just helping/healing rezzing/invising others as they need. Its good to help others too. Kind of a team effort. Then we have to Kill the Para Cus etc..So the place tends to be busy diff times.

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there a limit to the number of ships I can have on the open waters for one character? I just purchased the ship from the In-Game-Shop. I purchased a couple the last few years but I forgot about them and they decayed. One ship I had in Felucca with a lot of my stuff and it got robbed. I didn't realize at the time that a ship could be attacked by players.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is there a limit to the number of ships I can have on the open waters for one character? I just purchased the ship from the In-Game-Shop. I purchased a couple the last few years but I forgot about them and they decayed. One ship I had in Felucca with a lot of my stuff and it got robbed. I didn't realize at the time that a ship could be attacked by players.
How did the robbing happened? Did you get to set the security of the ship or lock the plank? This can happen now unless you lock them.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This ^^^

Last night, we did scalis from 9pm to 10pm for our officially nightly guild hunt, and then in after hours a few of us tagged along with for a couple rounds of UWB with the shard group, followed by about 15 or so Mel runs until about 230am.

@Sempronius
If you are looking for an active guild, give me a holler.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to hang out at Navreys and Miasma a lot. Usually people came and went all the time.