• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I want a cloak with 5% DCI!

L

Lilitu

Because wearing a quiver on non-archers looks silly :lick: Please? :)

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea, :)
When i first heard of a new cloak quest a while bck, i thought it would be a 5% DCI for the non-archers ingame, heh

D

Duku

/signed

On a character with hooed, on a swamp, the quiver looks terribly -.-

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit, my character did look quite baller when he did the robe & cloak combo, but only on specific mounts...

WTB RE-VAMP ON CLOAK ANIMATION!

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
/signed

I wish we had more tasteful alternatives to the quivers and cinctures.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I AGREE mainly cause i just dont like seeing every player in UO wear a quiver.
sheath anyone? or you could just remove the 5dci. its not much anyway. doesnt make much sence

E

Eslake

I would love to see them do this.

It would only take a few minutes to make a blessed cloak with the same properties (withou ammo cost reduction of course) and drop in an NPC to trade it for the quiver.

I admit I wear Quifies on several of my characters, but always felt it was at least mildly exploitive since they aren't archers. :( But there just isn't an equivalent item for that space.

A sheath or other items would be more interesting of course, but would take a lot more time to do.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed

I don't mind the quiver on some characters. It fits the outfits I've got for my warrior, ninja, and archer. It doesn't fit my combat mage who needs it for max DCI. I'd rather see another item with this property or something similar because I like more variety, than to see the DCI removed.

D

Duku

I have to say: it make to me more sense if a cloak allows you to evade a hit, instead of a quiver...

And, cloak are not ugly, and are not for trammies :p

F

Fox (Europa)

Only if they make the quiver not take up the cloak slot as well, say move it to the sash slot. Its not fair that archers lose the ability to use vet reward cloaks.

Fox

R

Revenant2

Yes.

I was going to post this myself, you idea-stealer you! (heh).

The cloak must have the IDENTICAL characteristics to the quiver (the slight damage change plus the DCI plus being blessed). Also, you should be able to turn in existing quivers of infinity to get one.

R

Revenant2

Only if they make the quiver not take up the cloak slot as well, say move it to the sash slot. Its not fair that archers lose the ability to use vet reward cloaks.

Fox
You don't need to worry about that. This thing would make no functional change to either what melee dexers can create with their gear or archers.

Anyone could choose to wear either the new cloak or the quiver and have the identical effect. The only difference is that a non-archer doesn't have to go around with an unnecessary arrow-holding container built into his gear.

The situation doesn't change for an archer who was wearing a vet reward cloak previously. If you chose to switch off of your vet reward cloak, you would get to choose between the quiver of infinity or a cloak with the same abilities except no arrow container. That's the only new thing it would represent.

C

Connor_Graham

Yes.

I was going to post this myself, you idea-stealer you! (heh).

The cloak must have the IDENTICAL characteristics to the quiver (the slight damage change plus the DCI plus being blessed). Also, you should be able to turn in existing quivers of infinity to get one.
The damage adjustment doesn't affect any but archery damage. Why would you want it on anything else?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate capes. Give us new bod rewards Hammer/sewing kit of conversion that will let us change an item to a item to one of the same type but a different style. [mace to diamond mace, leather do to leather tunic] Give a fixed failure rate of 50%. This way when we get a crappy weapon or a piece of armor we have a chance to make it something useful.