I Thought The Invasion Was Over???

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

Moreeg

I logged in this afternoon and was redirected from Minoc by "strong magics."

Whats the ETA on the invasion event ending... interest in it seems to have waned, so...

M

Moreeg

There is no current end-date for the invasion.
Rats... :)

My miner has zero fighting skills (all my points are crafting), and the invasions are cramping my resource gathering groove. Oh well...

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
2545 x 2031
The invasions are part of the faction system. They will not end as long as players participate in the corruption of the sigils (Minax/SL).

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
I wish the invasion were over at this point. It was fun for the first week or so, but now it's more of a buggy inconvenience.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
I don't think there's been any real fight for the sigils on any side in quite some time because of the 4 hour corruption time and the fact that they lowered the city control to 6 hours instead of the 3 days it used to be.
It's just a chore.
I think COM has the sigils (no invasion when an order faction owns the sigils) and the only reason anyone tries to steal them lately is for a little PvP.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Exactly, Flutter. I don't think its worth it. You don't get to enjoy having a town or placing vendors before you have to hurry up and prepare to defend again. At this point I think of it as a death shroud infused capture-the-flag.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
I have YET to see an invasion while I'm on.
The town criers are useless, therefore, so is my sherry mouse statue. I get blocked going into certain towns, but when I did run there to see an invasion, there is none as far as I can see and I can't run around there waiting IF and IF, it starts/started.
It's too random for someone like me who can't log in every day or every hour.
I wouldn't care if it continues or ends. At least for me.

M

Moreeg

If the faction system is as flawed as I am hearing, it seems foolish to have built this event on the back of a system that isnt even working correctly.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
2545 x 2031
The only faction fights I get is yew gate trash pvp. The only time I get a faction fight in towns or at bases is from D|R* in brit. I get tired of fightning trash stealth archers & mages while they hide behind the walls of thier houses so I just maintain my kill points from random kills, and give my excess to friends or sell them to trammel players so they can use the faction items and not pvp :X.

The system itself sucks. The items don't though. Have only seen a few new faction based pvpers. I guess the good thing to come is that I can easily/cheaply make a character on every eastcoast shard and find people to fight whenever ;x

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
****Climbs up on soapbox****

>Well, let me be the first to say that I love the faction system. It keeps things very interesting.

>I'd love to earn one of those "kick-butt" spell damage spellbooks, I've seen as high as 30% Spell-Damage-Increase, the one I did earn only has 25%. And there is some pretty colored armor...hmmm, does anyone know if that armor can be enhanced...I'm sure I'll try and find that out for myself, but I'd like to know just the same.

>I was battling the invasion in Moonglow last night, by myself for a long, long time. I saw a few people come by for all of 5 minutes, but most of the evening I was by myself. :(

>I was engaged in some PvP action yesterday afternoon, and no, not at the Yew moongate. :) I lost, but none-the less I did my best.

>The only real "bug" that I know of with the whole faction thing is that for literally YEARS now the Dev's have still not fixed the issue with not being able to recall/gate out of the ShadowLords base.

>Thanks to the newly re-vamped faction system there is an item there that I VERY much like, that allows my human character to wear any elf armor I wish. (Nothing personal, I just can't stand elves).

>And I've always loved the faction warhorses, unless they changed something, they have the ability to self-rez if they die. :)

All in all, I'm quite happy with it. :) So, there is my little vote.

****Steps off of soapbox****

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
Here is a screen-shot I grabbed of some big dude named: Malashim that I was fighting in Moonglow last night. I think I could almost take him with my greater dragon if that general that was following him around hadn't been there...erm, and these 2 winged dudes "Fallen warriors" or something like that. I did get a few wacks on him though.

He is cool looking though. I gotta' go to work, when I get home I'll have to see if UOguide.com has anything to say about him.