• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think we scared them away.......

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

We generally don't post on the weekends

Also, Mondays are no fun. :p

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Jer, I dont want any spoilers or anything.. im sure you've been reading the boards a little bit.. are we on the right track with this event? Does Sutek have somthing to do with whats going on? Maybe Dexter as well?

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak for yourself, J.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 13+ hour Monday!

I'll leave it to you to guess if I'm kidding or not.

-Galen's player

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Hey Jer, I dont want any spoilers or anything.. im sure you've been reading the boards a little bit.. are we on the right track with this event? Does Sutek have somthing to do with whats going on? Maybe Dexter as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Some level of 'communication' around our progress would be helpful to let us enjoy the event.

I can honestly say I've participated more in this one than any other but I am at a loss for what I am 'supposed' to be doing. I know how to use the blackrock to get robes, I'm collecting a mountain of shields/swords, I have lots of string that talks to me but I don't feel like I have any idea what the event is about.

I'm not saying spoil it and spoon feed us but have several phases of the event and post bulletins to keep everyone up to speed.

"Here ye citizens! It has been discovered that blackrock can be channelled to create intense destruction near the shadow lords. However, a special mages council has been called to discuss whether or not citizens should be vanquishing the shadow lords with the powerful blackrock or if there is another more important use of the material. '

Etc.. That would give us a clue that 'hey you found how to do one thing, but there is another option you are missing'

Does that make sense? Lead us along so we can pick up the clues and move foward. Otherwise I'm running around moonglow killing everything for no apparent reason.

G

Same

Ive played more this week than I have for about 2 years.

But with cloaks respawing, unannounced changes to their functionality, word of a use for items we have now with a vague description of what will be part of this, I dont know what to think.

Personally I dont really mind, its all good, but I guess with the way things are done now it would be nice to know a schedule of what is going to happen when.

Unless its just being made up as they go along!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But... it's Tuesday...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Personally I dont really mind, its all good, but I guess with the way things are done now it would be nice to know a schedule of what is going to happen when.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not as concerned about missing things or a schedule, I just feel like there have been alot of things in this 'plot line' and without a place to 'keep up' its hard to understand what this all means.

I never understood the Ricardo stuff and the things beforehand and now I'm lost in understanding what we are supposed to do here.

Of course, I didn't understand Magencia either besides lure monsters and blow up stuff for your own gain.

G

Just goes to show how clever the devs are huh...

I like this..

<blockquote><hr>

Oh but it is.The current story has been going on for 2 years now and has countless branches which don't seem to interconnect except in the most subtle of ways. This has led players to become disenfranchised from the story and just view each new event as "some monsters to kill". Here is some of the plot lines I can recall:

- Ricardo Being Executed
- Something dwelling under the abandoned City of Mistas
- Time rifts throughout Britannia and the appearance of the Time Lord
- Magincia being invaded, destroyed and evacuated
- That guy we defeated in the dungeon and Kingdom Reborn being announced (is that even active anymore or did it just end because we found out it was just about a new client?)
- Blackrock and Blackrock elementals spawning all over
- Britain Sewers maze
- All that stuff we learned about the Armageddon spell
- Book of Truth
- Candle of Love
- Ophidian Invasions (this may have been resolved, I'm not sure)

It is just one new thing after another, never tying into the old. No moments of discovery connecting things together. One of the biggest issues is there hasn't been even a hint at who is the main villain behind all this. Draconi has already mentioned that there is someone orchestrating all these events. Well that is quite obvious, how else would Daemon Berserkers be re-appearing all the time?

There needs some major pruning of what has become an overgrown tree of plot lines. Even if it is just a series of BNN articles. And this entire story should be wrapped up as soon as possible, so something fresh can begin and bring back the excitement we all had when Inu was first introduced. It is literally impossible to sum up what is going on because we still don't know after two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

D

dwayneDibley

In all fairness, maybe you should have posted Draconi's response too:

On April 4th we will be celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the current UO storyline. Wait, what? Two years of the same thing? That can't be right!

Oh but it is.The current story has been going on for 2 years now and has countless branches which don't seem to interconnect except in the most subtle of ways. This has led players to become disenfranchised from the story and just view each new event as "some monsters to kill". Here is some of the plot lines I can recall:

- Ricardo Being Executed
- Something dwelling under the abandoned City of Mistas
- Time rifts throughout Britannia and the appearance of the Time Lord
- Magincia being invaded, destroyed and evacuated
- That guy we defeated in the dungeon and Kingdom Reborn being announced (is that even active anymore or did it just end because we found out it was just about a new client?)
- Blackrock and Blackrock elementals spawning all over
- Britain Sewers maze
- All that stuff we learned about the Armageddon spell
- Book of Truth
- Candle of Love
- Ophidian Invasions (this may have been resolved, I'm not sure)

It is just one new thing after another, never tying into the old. No moments of discovery connecting things together. One of the biggest issues is there hasn't been even a hint at who is the main villain behind all this. Draconi has already mentioned that there is someone orchestrating all these events. Well that is quite obvious, how else would Daemon Berserkers be re-appearing all the time?

There needs some major pruning of what has become an overgrown tree of plot lines. Even if it is just a series of BNN articles. And this entire story should be wrapped up as soon as possible, so something fresh can begin and bring back the excitement we all had when Inu was first introduced. It is literally impossible to sum up what is going on because we still don't know after two years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*gets out his shears*

No, seriously, let's organize and prune.

*** SPOILERS ***

Q: How can the events over the last two years be organized?
A: I'd divide it into four sections:

KR Announcement plotline
Old plotline, setup for major world changes for KR
New plotline
Filler

You can consider a new plotline started *now* (though I'll include the events of Magincia.) The old plotline basically supported major worldbuilding changes (Haven, Blood Dungeon, etc), and was split between many different peoples' efforts - hence multiple story branches and differing events.

The new live events team is a subset of the live design team, and we've established a unified goal around this event arc, featuring one final epic event at the end in a few months.

Now, admittedly, the new plotline is very much related to the old one, just as most previous arcs had some influence from the past ones. The old plotline can be considered backstory for this one.

A key difference in our production will be maintaining a single thread to the plotline, and tying up loose ends from last year. I believe there'll still be a lot of freedom and fun in the event, even if it's more linear, with coming changes to certain game systems.

Meanwhile, for those looking for the overarching "hand" that's been causing all the chaos of last year, they're here. Kronos unleashed them. More info soon. Everything else can be seen as their machinations from afar, or their followers'.

Part of the goal for the Live Events page on uo.com is to actually organize this sort of information and make it easy for players to jump into the events without reading half a book's worth of fiction and forum posts. Stay tuned!

Q: Will previous events have influence on the new plotline?
A: Yes. In fact, as mentioned above, the current plotline will at the least tie together everything but the filler events, and it'll do it pretty quickly.

Q: When is the next "major" content addition for the event arc?
A: Publish 52

Q: Will anything be happening until Pub 52?
A: Yes, the rift in Moonglow will continue to present problems and opportunities. Expect weekly or bi-weekly changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Lead Designer - EA Mythic

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Mondays, I've been there. Made it to Wednesday though, so things are looking up...

The event is fun, thanks...

Is it possible to put dialogue into event NPCs with like a reference to a date or a guesstimate to a date?....

Like (this is an example, no event context);
Bill the Guard: Search for the tomb. I would imagine you could find in about 2 weeks.

So whatever a UO day is, I don't know if it is 30 minutes or 10 hours or whatever... Use UO time, but put in that disclaimer line (and do it context of the event) so those who do not want to, will not run around the world searching for the tomb that doesn't exist.

If the event depends on killing X warthogs than work that into Bill's dialog...
Bill the Guard: What tomb? I am worried about these warthogs.

The go-getters can still run around the world and mark rune at likely spots to find a tomb, but at least everyone knows that that part hasn't been released. Since it is a rough estimate (+ or - a RL day or 2).... there is not a countdown per se, but at least people know roughly what to expect.

Establish some sort of RL rules without diminishing the value of the hunt.

K

kennykilleduo

Hate to say it but do you guys/ gals know that you are losing our interest , fan base , and possibilities of ever bringing UO back to life?

2007 as far as i'm concerned was great for UO , until the end of the yearthen that great train ride we have been on CRASHED , 4 months into 2008 and we still have no clear path and are losing friends to other games , funny part is almost everytime WAR has annouced a delay, a UO rep makes a statement about weare working on so and so , but no official info YET..Hmmm

Sorry but your close to losing another long time P(l)ayer..