• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think the Addage "No good Deed goes unpunished" applies here...Pathetic!

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found this article on Yahoo, and it makes me sooo mad!

Washington referees may face ban for charity pink whistles - Prep Rally - High School  - Yahoo! Sports

The HS Football Refs donned pink whistles For a week's gamea to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. They also planned to donate their game pay checks from that week to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Well, the Chair of the Washington Officals Association says he will disipline them for USING THE PINK WHISTLES because it supposedly violates the rules!!! They could be suspended TWO playoff games and forfiture of pay for those games as well.

As my mother is a 7 year suvivor and I have lost two people I care about to Breast Cancer this article makes sooo mad. I am passionately commited to raising awarness. It makes me madder when I think about the youngest age I've heard of Breast Cancer being diagnosed is 10(note:breast cancer that young is extremely rare)!!! 1 in 4 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. I think what these Refs, were trying to do is great, but all it takes is one person to be totally inflexible.

I'm asking everyone that knows a Breast Cancer Fighter, Suvivor, lost someone to Breast Cancer , if you care about the women in you life or you care about raising awareness; Email this guy and let him know what you think of his stupidity!

His Email is: [email protected]

Okay guys....GO GET EM!!!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't follow the rules you face the consequences, even if it's for a "good cause."

Z

Zin

I found this article on Yahoo, and it makes me sooo mad!

Washington referees may face ban for charity pink whistles - Prep Rally - High School* - Yahoo! Sports

The HS Football Refs donned pink whistles For a week's gamea to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. They also planned to donate their game pay checks from that week to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Well, the Chair of the Washington Officals Association says he will disipline them for USING THE PINK WHISTLES because it supposedly violates the rules!!! They could be suspended TWO playoff games and forfiture of pay for those games as well.

As my mother is a 7 year suvivor and I have lost two people I care about to Breast Cancer this article makes sooo mad. I am passionately commited to raising awarness. It makes me madder when I think about the youngest age I've heard of Breast Cancer being diagnosed is 10(note:breast cancer that young is extremely rare)!!! 1 in 4 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. I think what these Refs, were trying to do is great, but all it takes is one person to be totally inflexible.

I'm asking everyone that knows a Breast Cancer Fighter, Suvivor, lost someone to Breast Cancer , if you care about the women in you life or you care about raising awareness; Email this guy and let him know what you think of his stupidity!

His Email is: [email protected]

Okay guys....GO GET EM!!!
But... I have no reason to believe he's stupid.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I agree that the disciplinary action is silly.

B

Beer_Cayse

Jirel, You have your heart in the right spot on this one but these guys did go against the rules. A simple "bless off" on the actions could have prevented this.

I will write a note and ask that the actions be waived ... only because I know 2 breast cancer survivors but lost a dear friend to colon cancer.

Z

Zezak

He should just tell them to bring back their black whistles... I see no reason for the suspensions... just him being a jerk.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
He should just tell them to bring back their black whistles... I see no reason for the suspensions... just him being a jerk.
That sort of my perspective. Ok, they used pink whistles...but suspensions? That's harsh.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
perhaps someone could explain to me what difference the color of the whistle makes to the game

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
perhaps someone could explain to me what difference the color of the whistle makes to the game
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that those opposed to them may believe that the sound from pink whistles would make the football players turn gay...la

B

Beer_Cayse

I like Rico's comeback but ...

Sports rules dictate even the type/construction of mundane items like whistles. Thus the coloration of these particular shrill things in this game were not within rules.

Therefore being against the rules the refs are being penalized for unsanctioned usage of unapproved whistles. <sigh> Silly, ain't it?

Next thing ya know some player will get penalized for wearing Spongebob Squarepants bandaids or something.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they're prohibited and he knows about the prohibition, I support the penalization.