• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think that's it for me.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After logging on to find that I missed the refresh date for my ships I'm really feeling no love for UO.

I think that's going to be the final straw for me.

Right now, I'm waiting for a GM to get the parrot I had locked to my Brittanian Ship out of the water. The parrot was 261 weeks old.

...can't get the parrot back either.

Cancel Subscription

We are sorry to see you leave Ultima Online. Please take a moment to complete our short exit survey. We value your feedback as it will allow us to continue to improve the game experience for all players.

...of course there was no survey and no link to one either. Guess they really didn't value my feedback after all. I'm shocked.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude that really sucks.

I didn't even know those super ships decayed... or had the ability to sick. All that money they force you to pay for them and all.

Still, you souldn't quit over that. You've been around long enough, vet and all, valued member of the community. Don't let the man win.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the man wins every time I sent him money for nothing. So this is a "Strategic Withdrawl" for me.

Here's how this is gonna work...

I'm gonna auction off my houses and transfer them to the winning bidder. I do not have the time, energy or inclination to inventory the contents.

It's gonna be like that TV show where folks bid on abandoned storage units...

Look for the post on the Atlantic "selling stuff" forum...

T

Tazar

Hate to see you go. If you have a little time, bank your soulstones and special items/suits just in case you get the itch again in the future. Even if you don't want to pay, you can still take advantage of the occasional "Return to Brit" programs or possibly a FTP option in the future.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to see you go. If you have a little time, bank your soulstones and special items/suits just in case you get the itch again in the future. Even if you don't want to pay, you can still take advantage of the occasional "Return to Brit" programs or possibly a FTP option in the future.
I'm gonna bank my soulstones since they would be worthless to anyone else. But I'm not gonna loot my own houses before I auction them. That would be unfair to the bidders if I took the best stuff for myself.

What clothes my characters have on their backs in in their bank accounts is what I'm leaving the game with. Everything else is in the houses for the future owners.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand, Nordberg. Even after all these years, I would do the same thing if I felt that UO/EA/Mythic had screwed me over. I will not pay to be cheated.
Besides :) one thing the man understands is loss of revenue.

Maybe we'll see you on another -there are many out there- great game in the future.

Luck to Ye, my friend.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to miss having you in Sosaria M'lord.

But the memories of our adventures over the years will be always on my mind.

Perhaps one day you will return if even for a bit, and we will have a grand time again.

Always
Rachel

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to miss having you in Sosaria M'lord.
Yes, I shall miss you too M'lady! My parrots have found a wonderful home with you. Thank you for taking them all.

I expect that some day, you'll be known as "The parrot lady" and you'll spend your days talking to the parrots named after all of my charcters...

I always remember how you helped me when I was just a returning vet, basically a newb since so much had changed.

Perhaps one day, hundreds of years in the future (in Sosarian time)... I'll return.

Perhaps you should dress up a scarecrow in one of my robes and place him in Daemon Alley, otherwise once the Daemons figure out I'm gone... they will over-run all of Sosaria! It will be up to you to keep them at bay.

Take care.