• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] I think I waited too long before doing SOS

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is a screencap of my UOAM from my last fishing trip. I entered all 196 of my SOS last Monday (using my personal copy of the spreadsheet I have in a link elsewhere on the site), and have been doing them by area over several nights. I, of course, deleted each spot as I did it.

This is what it looked like tonight, as I sailed up past Iver's Rounding... (note: The ship location was where I did the first SOS in that area, so count it as a spot, too 2017-07-09.png )

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like a couple nights of fun! I was worried by the title of the thread that they went bad on you for waiting too long! Glad that wasn't the case.

I have a couple davies lockers filled with SOS's that I need to get to some day. But before I do that I need to free up some space for all of the loot goodies.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just to give you the idea of the loot so far (roughly 140 done out of 196)

1500 spell scrolls (mage 4-7 & the 6 necro spells that are equivalent), from 5 per level of the chest (300 chest levels).

The above 300 chest levels means that I've gotten 3 million gold (exactly), plus any accidental gold from the occasional serpent that came up instead of pre-chest loot, and water elementals that foolishly tried to board.

I didn't track the gems, but if they are still 10 per level, that would be 3000 gems. About half went into my imbuing supplies, the other half into my bank box for Trade Order runs (as my fisher is the Governor of Britannia, and uses the runs to fund the city's bonuses).
Regs are 1 stack of 10 per chest level, so that's 30k reagents, plus the small amount from elementals and serpents.

A whole bunch of pre-chest loot, and a number of chest-specific items, that add up (along with the chests and junk items) to about 100k clean-up points.
Hundreds of bones for sewing (as opposed to donating them), and all of the antique wedding dresses are saved to be made into that special cloth color.
About 20 T-maps (including ones from serpents), 4 MIBs (from serpents), several dozen green nets, 3-4 colored nets, and 5 white nets. (and the horned leather & scales from the serpents)
Over 100 refinement items (probably well over 100). I already amalgamated the first batch of them, and will be doing the current ones (about 62) shortly, before heading back out to do more SOS. A couple of them were Invulnerability refinements, and came from low-level chests.

Last edited: