• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think i found a glitch with the Ararat chain quest

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i ran 3 guys through the quest to get into the Ararat sunken boat back when it came out.
plan was to go in with the guild and do it up.
2 of us did the entrance quest.
did all the steps, got the suit and such.
except at the very end when i got the map to go to the lake where you enter the Ararat i stopped and logged out since not everyone in guild who wanted to go was on.

so fast forward to this week.
everyone is around and one of the guildies remembers that we never did go in to do this Shadowlord.
so we walk the last guilt mate through the chain quest, me on a another mage, different character than the other 3 i ran through the chain quest.
last night we go in with our guys that we just ran through the chain quest and muck around and have a look see at what all is there.
we plan to go in tonight and do the boss.

so tonight i get my 2 guys i ran through before months ago and i go to enter the underwater wreck... cant, says im not done the quest.
so i go back to the dude in the Ice Dungeon, he says i need to go get the 4 pieces again.
ok fine, i go to the 4 people and they dont ask me to do the stuff again they just say "oh great you did it, here is your reward!" but i already have my reward in my pack from before, so i get nothing, and i carry on, i get all done, go back to the dude outside of Ice..... he says the same thing as before..... go get the 4 parts!

so im stuck in a loop!

now, i remember from last night when i did the quest on a new guy at the end i got a map that was only good for like a hour pointing me to the lake where you enter at.
im assuming i need that map that expired months ago.
and i cant get it again!
see because you want quit this quest chain because its not listed under your quest.

so my 3 guys are stuck in limbo!!!

frustrating.

anyone else ever get this?

kinda lost on what to do now.... guess maybe page a GM during daylight hours and see if he can manually pull the quest off my guys?????

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna
@anyonewhoknowswhattodo?!?!?!?!?!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe when you went in for a look it reset, without you actually killing the boss?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
another thing, i was reading old posts about best way to tackle the Shadowlord and it seems like people where grabbing 2 craps at a time when they took tamers in, all the crabs im taming are all 4 slot crabs????

is this a new thing???

shouldn't they be 2 slots???

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Maybe when you went in for a look it reset, without you actually killing the boss?
no, my 4th character can enter and leave over and over and over.
but he was the only one that went in right away, the other 3 didnt go in within that hour that the map was alive for.

so i cant go in and i cant redo the quest because i cant quit it.
i have the full suit to GO in, i just am not allowed to enter the lake because i dont have the map.
cant get the map because i already got the map.
cant redo the quest because its the kinda quest that dosnt show in quest log.
start at top, work your way back down again, rinse, repeat.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmm sounds like a bit of a bug then, our guild were meant to do this a few months ago, we all got the access but we didn't get around to doing the boss yet. I hope we don't have the same problem as you! :(

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as long as you went in right away when you had the map your fine.
if you didnt your in the same boat as me!

haha, ironic, boat, get it!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm sounds like a bit of a bug then, our guild were meant to do this a few months ago, we all got the access but we didn't get around to doing the boss yet. I hope we don't have the same problem as you! :(
As long as you went down the ladder, you're fine. My thief goes in regularly but has never even gotten the keys for the boss.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I really hope it will work out, I've never been there, always looking for somewhere new to die! :D

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the maps are irrelevant for anything - they're just deco - they don't qualify or unqualify you for the quest in any way - you're doing something else wrong

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I didn't know we had to go down a ladder or anything, damn, so you need to go in when the map is active and then it still works later? Just assumed once you had done the all the first parts you could do the next when you chose to. I really don't want to do that quest again, it was a pain! :(

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I didn't know we had to go down a ladder or anything, damn, so you need to go in when the map is active and then it still works later? Just assumed once you had done the all the first parts you could do the next when you chose to. I really don't want to do that quest again, it was a pain! :(
thats the thing, you cant do it again on that same character because you are still on the quest.
hence the bug.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the maps are irrelevant for anything - they're just deco - they don't qualify or unqualify you for the quest in any way - you're doing something else wrong
got it solved, i had to go back to the very first guy in the chain quest!

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you might be forgetting the last step - you need to double hepler paulson - try that and let me know if it fixes you

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you might be forgetting the last step - you need to double hepler paulson - try that and let me know if it fixes you
ya, i was going back to the dude outside of Ice but i had to go back to Trinny to to the fella there (helper)
got all 3 in now.

emergency averted!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh so it's all okay now? I was getting worried, glad you worked it out!