• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think i broke the RNG

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I completed the new quest 8 times and i got all the 8 different rewardso_O
I just hope i have not broken the RNG for good:p

PS: anyone know the math for that?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
6(1−as)(1+bs)36−30s−5s2=36(1−as)(1+bs), thus u0(s)=1361a+bs3(a1−as+b1+bs)u0(s)=1361a+bs3(a1−as+b1+bs) and, for every n⩾1n⩾1, P0[T=n+2]=1361a+b(an−(−1)nbn)P0[T=n+2]=1361a+b(an−(−1)nbn). The value of P0[T⩽N]P0[T⩽N]

That's my guess. :devil:

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Like 6 or 7 times, 1 earrings, then I burned out. Those Yomatsus are such a grind.
Depends on the template.
The first 5 runs i made with my Mystic/Mage using mainly Colossus needing around 2 to 2.5 hours. Fun but long.
With my Sampire i just need around 45 min

Ning

Journeyman
I've done it on my tamer, mage, ABC archer, parry macer, and sorta-samp (no chiv) and I think the macer has been the most fun. I just get bored doing it over and over. Sharing those earrings across a few characters is sounding better and better.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hubby and I have run it over 100 (50 each) times.... 18 earrings. We don't need them, but it's something we can do together. Been fun trying to decide what char temps we like best. So far tamers with Cu's are winning, second is chiv dexxors.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping I DON'T get the earrings...from what I have been reading the durability goes down VERY fast....I mean, they are made of glass....but if the durability goes down as fast as people are saying, they won't last long...seems a pretty useless item to me.

Unfortunately I did get one pair....:/ I seem to get the Broken Crystal and the Glass blowing kit quite often and I haven't completed a full set of items yet.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It’s not unfortunate that you got a pair. If you don’t want to use them you can sell them for a lot it seems :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I might if I get more....I do want a full set of the items but each time I get an earring I am NOT getting one of the other items I still need! And they make pretty awesome deco...perfect for my gory theme...I'd rather have a dozen of those animal carcasses.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I might if I get more....I do want a full set of the items but each time I get an earring I am NOT getting one of the other items I still need! And they make pretty awesome deco...perfect for my gory theme...I'd rather have a dozen of those animal carcasses.
What shard?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Origin...I've only done it 9 times...I hate the grindiness of it :/ but I'm hoping by the time it's over I have a LOT of everything else lol...no more crystals! lol

1619369364340.png

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it took me nearly 40xs before i got one earring. others got on 2nd or 3rd try. the multis char users are making out on this one again lol.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did it 6 times so far... dissected animal, (something else), earring, earring, earring, dissection kit.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, in deciding how to allocate my grind time - anyone know if the pirate shield going to be permanent or not? Because if not, it's probably smarter to outfit all your chars with the shield first, and then switch to playing RNG games for the earrings.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, in deciding how to allocate my grind time - anyone know if the pirate shield going to be permanent or not? Because if not, it's probably smarter to outfit all your chars with the shield first, and then switch to playing RNG games for the earrings.
Black market is permanent.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did it 5 times and got 3 earrings.
i was very pleased with myself!

then i remembered that in DOOM i never get anything, i think its the RNG leveling off for me.
so i did the quest again and got another pair of earrings.

i dont wanna press my luck so i stopped.
4/6 are odds i like!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

then i remembered that in DOOM i never get anything, i think its the RNG leveling off for me.

4/6 are odds i like!
Now you did it. You'll never get a decent drop from Doom or the roof again.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

4/6 are odds i like!
I think you need to go for the perfect 5/7.