• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Think About Yous Guys

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can hardly believe it's been nearly 10 years since I started volunteering at Stratics, nearly 8 years since I played UO on the regs, and nearly 4 years since I was ushered out. Stratics required a lot of sacrifices, but it never stopped being the most magical website on the Internet. My greatest regret is how much history was deleted after I left. When I was volunteering, I always felt a deep responsibility to protect and curate Stratics' legacy and history. Tragically, I may have been the last person to dig through every nook and cranny of Stratics' ancient files that were hidden away on the server.

On the other hand, with help from a whole host of folks like @Nexus, @AirmidCecht, @Cirno, @DreadLord Lestat, @Larisa, @Storm, @Riyana, not to mention @Petra Fyde and the Texas crew, we did some remarkable things. Lord British and Lord Blackthorn joined the forum! And we had an amazing 16th anniversary celebration with live visits from CCP, Carbine, Bethesda, Broadsword, and others. Leaving aside all the technical changes, mission statements, owners, and portals, what's most remarkable is how important this community has been to so many people over the past (nearly) 21 years, myself included.

I'm constantly on the go nowadays. After years of starting failing businesses, I'm stumbling through my MBA program at Hopkins currently. But there's always a part of me that wants to cash in my retirement account, move to a slum in Paris, and be a whiskery old drunk who writes articles about notable players and guilds in UO. That was my first and best job at Stratics. And of course, I'd have plenty of time to play on the side.

Enough nostalgia. I miss everyone, I'm so pleased Stratics is still the most important gaming community in the world, and I wish you all a happy 21st anniversary.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's comin!

I miss you too Taylor! I was just thinking about that the other day.

I started here near the end of 2006. I have seen Stratics pass through many hands, go through so many changes and have had the privilege to work with some amazing people...you included!

I am still very honored to be a part of it.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The most important thing we can do during our short existence on this planet is to help others.You did that and most likely are still doing that. Everything else, when all is said and done, doesn't really matter.
So go cash in your retirement account, move to that slum in Paris and the next time I'm passing through I'll buy us a bottle of whiskey and we can toast to the incredible wonders of UO and it's people.

But in the mean time do me a favor... will you pleassseeeee button that damn jacket? It's driven me crazy for years!

Thank you for all that you've done.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The most important thing we can do during our short existence on this planet is to help others.You did that and most likely are still doing that. Everything else, when all is said and done, doesn't really matter.
So go cash in your retirement account, move to that slum in Paris and the next time I'm passing through I'll buy us a bottle of whiskey and we can toast to the incredible wonders of UO and it's people.
That's a deal!

But in the mean time do me a favor... will you pleassseeeee button that damn jacket? It's driven me crazy for years!
I'm laughing! Years of fumbling with that goddamn button. :lol:

Thank you for all that you've done.
Thank you for all you've done in many different capacities--and for being willing to come back each time we needed help. And most of all, thank you for your advice and support through all the changes and rocky parts we navigated together.:heart:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I started here near the end of 2006. I have seen Stratics pass through many hands, go through so many changes and have had the privilege to work with some amazing people...you included! I am still very honored to be a part of it.
2006--incredible! All the owners and changes, and you persevered. I'm so pleased you are leading Stratics and overseeing the narratives published here. From the outside looking in, you and the leadership team have built amazing goodwill with the community. If I ever make it back to UO, please consider my reporter application when I send it in. :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you so much for your kind words Taylor...coming from you that means a lot! I have had many roles here and worked with great people..and if you ever DO come back I'll gladly accept your application! ;)

I hope to be here for a quite many more years!