• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I target myself sometimes

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About a quarter of the time when I am trying to honor a monster instead of getting a cursor it targets me and I embrace honor. So I have a hard time gaining honor.

It also does it with some magery spells. I don't get a cursor and it targets me. Not always nice.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening? It's not something new but I'm getting fed up with it.

G

Have you tried making a UO macro to use the Honour virtue? I have mine on Ctrl-Alt-1, and then Select Target, and I have never had a problem. Yes, it's spiderman with the keys, but I've never targetted myself.

Can't say I've done the same with magery though, but a short sharp e-Bolt tends to remind me...

I

imported_Spiritless

Are you using UOAssist at all and have a key set to queue last target? You may be accidentally queuing yourself. It may be an idea to have a key dedicated to clearing your target queue.

I

imported_Kojak

even bandage self does a short target self queue - that's probably the real reason he's targetting himself

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you play in KR, then you need ro rightclick the icon in the hotbar and reset the target to what you would like it to be. (Current,self or cursor)

G

as people have said watch out for bandage self and targeting macros, but, above all, sometimes it is best just to hesitate, I've found :/. the virtue system is not programmed very well and contains many exploits. perhaps write in a delay or pause if it is a consistent problem? I've noticed the WaitForTarget macro option is very useful

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

This has happened to me too.

Glad to see that others have replied with explanations that sound plausible, and solutions that sound doable.

Thank you!

-Galen's player

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

even bandage self does a short target self queue - that's probably the real reason he's targetting himself

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% accurate. Tried and tested. Any type of action such as this does a "target self" which, when followed by an attempt to Honor, ends up with you honoring yourself.

A good way to avoid this is to double click any corpse on the ground after you've bandaged, removed curse, cleansed by fire, etc.

I

imported_krel

I used to kill my self all the time with that same problem. Would tell my pet to kill and surely it did. OOoooOOO I would say then. Did not do it all the time, and it didn't matter if I had UOAssist running or not. Had same problem casting spells and such.