• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Swear I'm Not Crazy

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
To recap: 20 year vet who hasn't played or had an active account in 10 years, just came back.

So I had some pets in the stable. Among them, a GD. Now, I SWEAR, when I took him out, he was 4 slots and that the training option was there, and I began training him. I stabled him right after, with zero, or little significant progress made.

I took him out to hunt yesterday, and here is where it gets weird. All of a sudden, he is 5 slots, with no training or training points available. Okaaaaaaaay. I take him out anyway and we hunt Narvey. While there, someone dropped rocks and my GD died. Here we go:

1. He was rez;'d by another player before I could do it myself, I accepted.
  2. Once rez'd, I lored him to see what kind of mood he was in.
  3. Scrolling through after seeing he was still Wonderfully Happy, I noticed all his stats and skills had changed.
    Examples:
    965 Hits was now 621 Hits.
    All skills were maxed out, despite never feeding him a scroll and never seeing the screen showing his maxed skills before.

4. Someone even lore'd him on the spot and commented about all the training I must have put in (I had not and I have owned this pet for 10+ years.
  5. I recalled away with him in tow so I could examine more carefully, but when I lore'd him again, his stats and skills were all back to where they were before.

But wait, there's more!

6. I took him out again today, and upon first lore, his stats were down again (621 strength) but now, his skills were "normal" as well.

Am I crazy?

P.S. I did not get any screen shots. :(

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Were u partied? Pet could have been buffed

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The strength of 621 is normal. They can have over 100 skills.

Show a pic of the lore screen that shows 120 scrolls.

:postpics:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Show your current lore screens

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
While 621 may be "normal" it was not my pets strength prior to, nor currently.

I am aware they can have over 100 skills.

As I mentioned, I did not get a chance to grab a screen shot. We had just been griefed and I wanted to get out of there and take my time to examine. If it happens again, I will take and post a screen shot.

I find value in asking questions. Calling it worthless is rude. I have been gone a long time, and this may be an issue others encountered. It doesn't seem that is the case, but I did not realize that when everything was going down, and there is no harm in relaying the experience.

The strength of 621 is normal. They can have over 100 skills.

Show a pic of the lore screen that shows 120 scrolls.

:postpics:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I meant show current screenshot, to see what training is or isn't done. I'm unclear if you saw 120 scrolls on it? If that's the case that's weird. Sounds like your pet had some buff, and when you left it wore off.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No buff makes the strength go to over 900 from 621.

What slot is the pet now? And I Did not make the Smile choices. But it really does fit this situation.

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
I meant show current screenshot, to see what training is or isn't done. I'm unclear if you saw 120 scrolls on it? If that's the case that's weird. Sounds like your pet had some buff, and when you left it wore off.

It was maxed out. Based on what I've seen on other fully trained pets (mine has had zero training) it was either 100 or 120 in all skills (wrestling, Eval int, Magery, etc).

I guess it could have been a buff, but I don't know what buff would be applied that would cause that, and a drop in strength.

Attachments

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
No buff makes the strength go to over 900 from 621.

What slot is the pet now? And I Did not make the Smile choices. But it really does fit this situation.
5 slots. I am 99.99% sure he was 4 slots when I pulled him out of the stable upon my return to the game a few weeks ago. This pet has not been unstabled, prior to that, for a decade.

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like the stats of a 5 slot G dragon. Not high intensity.

The 4 slot ones have less HP. But it calculates in the 4 or 5 slot range.

Otherwise it was high intensity 4 slot and the game turned it to 5 slot.

No buff will make the strength 900. A 4 or 5 slot G dragon does not have 900 Str. whether it is new or ten years old.

Yours does not fit exploit either.

You saw some glitch, Similar to Tsuki Wolfs having all 80s resist when they dont. The glitch goes away when the pet dies. Just like your pets stats did.

Pictures help...

Last edited:

Beady_Eyes

Visitor
Amendment. I said str was over 900, but I meant hits. When it died and rez'd his hits were 621 (matching his 621 str). I have edited to amend for future reference.

For clarification, the stats went down, and the skills went up when the pet died and was rez'd. They did not go back to normal upon another death. They did return to normal (as pictured above), after I recalled away. I assume I crossed server lines or something.

I do think the game bumped it from 4 to 5, but can't prove it and it doesn't really matter.And agree that it must have been a glitch. If it ever happens again, I will SS.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The skills are normal. Those start with max wrest and tactics, you dont have to build them up.

It was a darn good 4 slot. Usually they have lower HP. Too bad it jumped.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I had a very similar experience a while back with a frost mite. Here's the thread where I discussed it. I know it was originally a 2-slot pet and it "jumped" to 3-slots when I bonded it. The uo-cah pet intensity calculator calculated it as a 2-slot pet, even once it had jumped to 3 slots. I hadn't invested anything in terms of scrolls, so it was just a frustration and not a loss of financial resources.