• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I should be compensated..

J

Jena

This month in EA Land has been very cruddy for me. For one..only like a little over a week ago I posted about this problem,

which I actually fixed thanks to some other helpful simmers..NOT devs! Not one dev helped me even AFTER I Pm'd one all my info, including username AND password. Still, to this day, I have not heard back from that dev that I have pm'd. I even PM'd a dev about it while IN EA Land one day..and nothing. When I checked my account..for some reason it was set to FREE when I've been paying on it for months! Might I add..I couldn't play that account for a week!

And now tonight I am getting this!!

Just curious...how much more do us paying costumers have to go through? I am feeling like I am waisting my money especially this month since I keep getting these popups that I am a free player and can't play! I also feel I am waiting my time writing this b/c I know it will just get ignored. I'm tired of holding back about this. Oh and another thing...b/c of that last matter. I lost 2 sims which had money and items because my account was mysteriously set to free. So yea..I've lost quite a bit this month and not very happy about it, but, again..I know nothing will be done about it.

P.S. Lovely...now it's happening on BOTH my PAID ACCOUNTS!

D

DGLita

Jena, I read somewhere that re-entering your billing info should resolve this problem. Have you tried that?

J

Jena

<blockquote><hr>

Jena, I read somewhere that re-entering your billing info should resolve this problem. Have you tried that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as I stated above...

<blockquote><hr>

which I actually fixed thanks to some other helpful simmers..NOT devs! Not one dev helped me even AFTER I Pm'd one all my info, including username AND password. Still, to this day, I have not heard back from that dev that I have pm'd. I even PM'd a dev about it while IN EA Land one day..and nothing. When I checked my account..for some reason it was set to FREE when I've been paying on it for months! Might I add..I couldn't play that account for a week!

[/ QUOTE ]

And now it's happening once again. I'm just curious how many times do I have to do this in order to play!? I come here today and STILL no answers to my problems, tons of views though. I understand that there are a lot of gripes about this...but when this is a continuing problem. SOMETHING should be done about it, and it shouldn't have to be the paying costumer trying to resolve the issue on a constant basis.

It would be nice and polite to get an answer from someone who actually works on the game and the issues and get an answer other than "we're aware of the problems and are working on it" I'm noticing this seems to be the answer to everything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are you really that surprised Jena,, they don't care they only handle what they want to handle people who bow down and kiss butt they listen to, real issues are ignored try kissing aZZ once then stating your problems you be heard then,,

[/ QUOTE ]

That is SO not true. What you are conveniently forgetting is all the nights that Lee and sometimes even Pari and Greg have been up till 1am-3am EST or later to fix issues with this game that affect EVERYBODY. I feel bad for those being hit by the free player bug, I really do, but EA Land is still in *BETA* which by definition means bugs are to be expected. The only difference between the first beta that we founders went through and this one is that we're still paying our subscription fees. Why are we being forced to pay for a beta test, you ask? Because the game cannot afford to lose that little bit of revenue, or it WILL be shut down forever. All the devs need from us is a little bit of patience. I'm not sure which dev Jena PMed, but if it was the one I'm thinking of I bet that man gets 50 PMs a day or more, so it's understandable that one or two might get lost in the shuffle, or placed on a lower priority rung from some of the other PMs he might have gotten. It's $10 a month...honestly this is the only game besides Pogo that I know of that you can play this cheaply, most of the others I've checked out have been $14.99 a month or above, so I'd be willing to put up with a little extra hassle without getting myself all in a tizzy and cancelling my subscription, just for the knowledge that this inexpensive game is still here.

G

orrrr you could just create a new user name so you could post negative posts about the game lol which seems to be rampant.

P

Paula777

wow jena yes, i would be mad too.
never had such big problems but with little ones the customer service people could always help me out friendly.
i don't know if it was toll-free.
1-866-543-5435
hagd

N

nobuttkisser

just a thought ( may be a lil work but it just might help some things out). first when was the last time you did maintinance on you "puter" I would first suggest that you roll your computer back to when you last remember your accounts working properly. then clear your cookies cache, temp files on tool on your IE (assuming you are working with a pc and not mac or other. then i would suggest that you re install EA Land (for some reason every time a person rolls back their puter you have to re install maxis TOS now EA Land. see if that helps... if not, there IS the 800 number on the main page that you can holla at with your paid bill in your hands they can't dispute that. as for giving out your name and password to a(n) dev. NOT a good move. maybe that person messed up your account that you gave them access to

J

Jena

<blockquote><hr>

That is SO not true. What you are conveniently forgetting is all the nights that Lee and sometimes even Pari and Greg have been up till 1am-3am EST or later to fix issues with this game that affect EVERYBODY

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just have to say this then. Lee is the one I PM'd 2-3 weeks ago about my first issue, as well as Parizad, and not either one replied. So yea...I am pretty angry about this..and still I am getting no where. And calling? Do you know how hard it is talking to these people on the phone?

P

Paula777

naw, the only problem i had with those on the phone was their mostly broken english (lol always ended up with that guy from india or pakistan) and my broken english (germany). other than that they seemed to know what they were doin. maybe a big-ass complaint even gets you a free month.. they used to do that regularly at least bout 3 years back.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

When this is worked out compensation would be an appropriate gesture from EA. It is standard customer service. That said, don't hold your breath.

J

Jena

<blockquote><hr>

as for giving out your name and password to a(n) dev. NOT a good move. maybe that person messed up your account that you gave them access to

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I was told by Polly to give my info to Lee and see if he can fix my problem, and that was over 2 weeks ago. Nothing wrong with my comp or my accounts...all my stuff if correct as it should be...THEY just need to fix things on their end.

G

<blockquote><hr>

First of all, I was told by Polly to give my info to Lee and see if he can fix my problem, and that was over 2 weeks ago. Nothing wrong with my comp or my accounts...all my stuff if correct as it should be...THEY just need to fix things on their end.

[/ QUOTE ]The devs have been extraordinarily busy these past few weeks, and he may have genuinely forgotten. Have you tried contacting him again as follow-up?

I

imported_remflyer

Jena,

I know how frustrated you are. I would be too if I had this problem. First I wanted to say to you and anyone else who is reading this to never, never give your password to anyone. The Devs don't need it. They can access your account with just your user name.

Secondly this sounds more like an account billing error. So I would definitely contact customer service about this to fix it and request that they credit your account for the time you have been unable to play. They have given credit in the past on people's accounts when they have made mistakes.

Thirdly, if you cannot get this resolved with the billing department and believe this is a bug rather than a billing error try contacting one of the devs again and remind them of your issue. They get swamped with requests for help and it is understandable if they don't get back to everyone. Maybe try going to EA Town Hall and ask for help there as many do.

I really hope you can get this resolved soon. Good Luck!

G

Maybe this will help:

The "14-day trial account continues even after paying" bug

Hope that helps.

And no, I don't think you're being negative. Not that my opinion counts for anything around here anymore these days. Hasn't in years lol

Companies are like governments. So some are run one way, some are run another way.

Some governments let you say whatever you like, and speak out if you think things need improving. Various methods of two-way communication are provided, and they might even take it to heart and change things. These are called democracies.

Some governments get paranoid as to the consequences of unfettered criticism of the status quo, and thus clamp down on any opposing views. It's bad for business to listen to these rabble-rousers, so the only communication allowed is top-down, with the authorities making sure everyone tows the party line. These are called regimes.

Then there are the governments that are reminiscent of 1950's America during the McCarthy era. Various forums exist to give the appearance of democratic speech, but woe be upon thee should you criticize the government. You'll be dragged before the Senate, made an example of, and branded a commie for life.

I leave it to you to draw your own conclusions as to which companies you feel resemble which governmental styles.

But please don't be surprised if, when you declare that "the king is naked", that instead of suddenly agreeing with you, everyone starts taking off their clothes...

If they want to loose customers over this issue, there's not much we can do. It's their country, not ours, after all...

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Are you really that surprised Jena,, they don't care they only handle what they want to handle people who bow down and kiss butt they listen to, real issues are ignored try kissing aZZ once then stating your problems you be heard then,,

[/ QUOTE ]

*puts hand out and receives your play: "I'm not an a** kisser card"*

boohoo

J

Jena

OKay, once again I am having this problem, here is proof that my account is paid...

<blockquote><hr>

REGISTERED
The Sims Online
The Sims Online Registration | Registered

Cancel Subscription

[/ QUOTE ]

So, may I ask why it is that AGAIN for the THIRD time this month that I can not play!? If I call will I actually get somewhere with this?

Btw...I CAN NOT set up anything with EAL Page...this is what it says...

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry. This page is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I am also having problems with my other account, sims can't land and getting avatar leasing errors

G

<blockquote><hr>

Btw...I CAN NOT set up anything with EAL Page...this is what it says...

[/ QUOTE ]I'm having no problem accessing the site. Given this and your other problems, I'm starting to think you have a configuration problem with your computer, with your router, or with your ISP.

J

Jena

nothing is wrong with my settings..I'm not an idiot..this is what I mean..when you go to "manage my account" and you see that page with all the games on it...and you scroll down to this....

<blockquote><hr>

NOT YET REGISTERED
EA Land
EA Land Free Basic Registration | Not Registered
Subscribe Now

[/ QUOTE ]

When I click on that subscribe now page, it comes up as this..

Doesn't look like a PC error to me..

After this month and all the problems we've were told that we're going to be taken care of weeks back...I should just cancel both my accounts. I'm tired of this.

J

Jena

Yes I have, and I am registered. I do want to apologize if I seem a little rude to anyone...it's nothing against any of you...I am just very frustrated that this has been happening to me ALL MONTH and I keep fixing it over and over, putting in my credit card info and everything, but for some UNKNOWN reason, my account keeps getting put back into FREE?

I have been a paid member for the longest time and have never had any problems like this. This is the SAME thing that happened to me like 2 weeks ago, and when I checked, everything was wiped...and once again it is wiped and showing I am a free member. On some kind of promotion or something...that I NEVER did !! My other one I have had for almost a year, and having the same problems on that one is showing that I am a PAID costumer, but this one keeps losing my info.

and well, I feel like I am losing my mind!!! &lt;evil laugh goes here&gt; lol

Like I mentioned, the EA-Land page will not work for me at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes I have, and I am registered. I do want to apologize if I seem a little rude to anyone...it's nothing against any of you...I am just very frustrated that this has been happening to me ALL MONTH and I keep fixing it over and over, putting in my credit card info and everything, but for some UNKNOWN reason, my account keeps getting put back into FREE?

I have been a paid member for the longest time and have never had any problems like this. This is the SAME thing that happened to me like 2 weeks ago, and when I checked, everything was wiped...and once again it is wiped and showing I am a free member. On some kind of promotion or something...that I NEVER did !! My other one I have had for almost a year, and having the same problems on that one is showing that I am a PAID costumer, but this one keeps losing my info.

[/ QUOTE ]That's a horse of a different color!

I can certainly understand your frustration in this case, and hopefully this can get fixed. Since this appears to be a billing issue, you should pick up the phone and give EA Customer Service a call. They should be able to iron this problem out for you. If they can't, then (and only then), you may want to PM Parizad.