• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] I see my house in Luna and Tokuno champ.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I leave my house and then go to Luna, I always see my house floating at the same spot at Luna. If I go to the Sleeping Dragon champ, I see my house floating below the altar.
I have to log off at the altar in order to flush it out and clear out my house. When I go home and back to those spots, I see my house floating again.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whenever I leave my house and then go to Luna, I always see my house floating at the same spot at Luna. If I go to the Sleeping Dragon champ, I see my house floating below the altar.
I have to log off at the altar in order to flush it out and clear out my house. When I go home and back to those spots, I see my house floating again.
OHH !!! first player mobile home goes where you go :D

I get that to need to close down the client just logging off n back on wont fix it.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a horrible bug.
To be at a spawn and running into my house? It's not a safe house. I get blocked up.

buggy bug bugger!

T

Tay M'real

Do you have a screenshot you could post?
I'll be able to get you one - I have the same problem. My issues have occurred at the same location - xRoads just south of Yew and again in Ilshenar.

It appears that housing from another face or area is overcast. This happened once in Malas as well.

I can physically walk through the area - when I appear to be 'inside' the house, the interior is removed and I only see the 4 sides of the foundation and the steps.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll get a pic later, but I don't know how to post pics here.

FYI, my buddies also get the same thing. We see my house and guild house (which are side by side.)

T

Tazar

They are ghost images showing through from other facets. My home is in Malas just down-screen from the 0,0 0,0 coordinates. Since this is the location of Lord British's Throne - I can often see boats from the castle moat sitting on my house in Malas!

It's an old bug that happens in 2D, 3D, KR, and even SA.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are ghost images showing through from other facets. My home is in Malas just down-screen from the 0,0 0,0 coordinates. Since this is the location of Lord British's Throne - I can often see boats from the castle moat sitting on my house in Malas!

It's an old bug that happens in 2D, 3D, KR, and even SA.
its not just a facet problem it is also a shard problem. I can get the test center or any shard to bleed over onto great lakes. If you just log off and not shut the client down that causes the bleed over.

N

nemo

I get the same thing, (although not my house), when i go to Honesty in Ish and go over the second bridge where the Jukka lords are. Sometimes there is a house sitting half on the bridge which I can't pass. If I log out and back in it disappears

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was at the Tokuno Champ spawn (just south-east of the altar) and my house shows up with my neighboring Guild house.
Tokuno Champ with house.jpg

I got stuck in my ghost house so I died, logged off (not exit) and log on again and my ghost house is gone and I can move again.

I recall to Luna at the north gate and I see leftover spawn (Rev Lion and beetle). If I went home and back to this spot, I usually see my house and guild house floating.

Luna leftovers.jpg

I recall to my house, and I see left over spawn (Rev Lion and Beetle).

Home with leftovers.jpg

You can use the coordinates to investigate these spots on Atlantic. The same exact thing happens to others that come with me from our Guild house to these areas. There are other areas that this occurs, but I don't remember where.

N

Ni-

I've had this happen also. This is what seems to happen.

When you are on a screen, only a certain number of squares/tiles around you are updated with object information. In the case of houses, if part of the house is place on squares/tiles that are within the update range, the whole house will be loaded into memory, though it may not all be shone.

I'm not sure if the house needs to have been completely shown or updated or not. However, when you log out with part of a house within the square/tile update range and part outside, it seems like it doesn't erase the memory of the house data that is outside the square/tile update range.

The times I've noticed 'ghost' houses, they have only been partial houses. It isn't noticable when you are at your house because it lines up perfectly with the houses there. However, when you go to another facet, the partial house data, that wasn't within the square/tile update range at the time of last log out, can appear.

It is really easy to find with Trammel/Felucca because the house location relates to the same place on both facets. Other facets are a little trickier to find, so they might not be as apparent.