• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i saw a tamed WW today!!!

Z

Zoran

ROFL!!!

WTF?

Thats so retro!!
Whats next?? Return of the Nightmare???

D

Deb

I am working on my wolf pack:D Have a dark wolf from the VanGuards
2 of the different colors of Ice Wolves and will have 2 of the plain, or
maybe a plain and a dire.:) Been awhile since I hunted with a pack.

C

Conrad

I still have my pack of red Frenzieds, and they still kick butt.

I just wish I could determine which one is going to get the beating, By the time I figure it out, one of them is, quite frequently, dead.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have my pack of red Frenzieds, and they still kick butt.

I just wish I could determine which one is going to get the beating, By the time I figure it out, one of them is, quite frequently, dead.

I have been told this and it worked with my rune beetle/mare and ww/mare combos.

I was told that the first pet taken out of stables is the one that takes damage when you give the all kill call.so what I did was stable my mare and then take out my beetle and then mare again or ww and mare.

Now I can confirm this works as I was geting frustrated when my mare would get hammered hard while training both pets on a sphynx.

I haven't played my tamer in a while due to the stupid pet AI,but as far as I know it works still.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the first pet under your control obeys your orders first, and the first pet to attack a monster is the one that monster will in turn attack.

C

Conrad

I was told that the first pet taken out of stables is the one that takes damage when you give the all kill call.so what I did was stable my mare and then take out my beetle and then mare again or ww and mare.
Been there, done that. Doesn't seem to work with my pack. It is, quite simply, the one that reaches the target first, that takes the beating. Since I use them primarily in Trammel, they stack up, so I cannot tell one from the other.

But you got me thinking.

I can make a macro something like this:

Whisper: Desolation Attack
Wait for target
Current Target(yeah, I actually use the targeting system now. It rocks.)
Whisper: All Attack
Wait for Target
Current Target

That would, in essence, give Desolation a headstart on the rest of the pack. I shall test and report back. Eventually.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Er, seriously, the stable ordering works. Been relying on it for a couple of years now.

Of course, it means nothing if the monster targets one of your pets first. That's entirely random (assuming all pets are an equal distance from the target), and the only thing you can do about it is issue the "all kill" command faster the next time.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been there, done that. Doesn't seem to work with my pack. It is, quite simply, the one that reaches the target first, that takes the beating. Since I use them primarily in Trammel, they stack up, so I cannot tell one from the other.

But you got me thinking.

I can make a macro something like this:

Whisper: Desolation Attack
Wait for target
Current Target(yeah, I actually use the targeting system now. It rocks.)
Whisper: All Attack
Wait for Target
Current Target

That would, in essence, give Desolation a headstart on the rest of the pack. I shall test and report back. Eventually.

That may work very well for you,as long as desolation has the highest hp of the pack,unless the pack have the same amount of hp each.I am not sure I never hunted with a pack.

thid game can make you legally insane trying to figure all the diff combo's of pets or weapons or templates :)

F

Fortyniner

I'll never forget the brave warrior who used to camp the healers in Magincia to res-kill the faction players with his White Wyrm. It certainly was an impressive display.

C

Conrad

That may work very well for you,as long as desolation has the highest hp of the pack,unless the pack have the same amount of hp each.
He does. Precisely why I chose him for the Macro. He also has the highest Dex and is my most trained. Basically, the best suited to the task of meat shield.

T

TramMoonWalker

I feel like I was in 2000 when I see a warrior in metal armor on ostard. ossy rocks.
My mule used to be on a black frenzied before he gave up taming to be a Legendary Smith/Tailor.

BTW What`s the Death Llamas? never heard of them.

C

Conrad

BTW What`s the Death Llamas? never heard of them.
When one casts Energy Vortex, there is a small chance that it will appear as a Llama the same color as the vortex. Exactly the same as a vortex except in appearance.

Not sure that is what you were talking about or not.