• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i quit the game

• Thread starter GRINCH II
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GRINCH II

I am tired of the lies and deceptions we are getting from the developers. i am tired of wating for hte merge to happen. it has been over a year since they started working on it. i am tired of paying for something that isnt going to happen. i quit, i quit, i quit.

I am tired of the developers ignoring me and pretending they care about the players when they dont. i am gone and good bye and i wish all those who were nice to me the best of luck in the game. I hope you all see the truth and wake up from this fake reality. bye everyone

GRINCH

G

It is sad to see players leaving, one after another. Hopefully we see you back, Grinch, along with the others who have left, after things start to fall into place.

G

Well if you are that frustrated by a game I certainly understand quitting. Why waste time on something that is not fun, that should be.

Good luck with whatever else you do.

G

I am sorry that your frustrations have reached such a level, that you feel you must leave, but some people just have a lower tolerance for chaos and uncertainty, than others, and if it is bothering you this much, it is probably better to go do something else, until the new game is finished.

<blockquote><hr>

i am tired of wating for hte merge to happen. it has been over a year since they started working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rome was not built in a day, nor the game rebuilt in a year....in fact they only really started working on the new game last spring (April/May), and the city merges did not become part of the plans, until late summer/early fall. It may seem like forever, but it really has not been a year.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I am tired of the lies and deceptions we are getting from the developers. i am tired of wating for hte merge to happen. it has been over a year since they started working on it. i am tired of paying for something that isnt going to happen. i quit, i quit, i quit.

I am tired of the developers ignoring me and pretending they care about the players when they dont. i am gone and good bye and i wish all those who were nice to me the best of luck in the game. I hope you all see the truth and wake up from this fake reality. bye everyone

GRINCH

[/ QUOTE ]

if your going to be that negative then goodbye!

D

DGLita

I can understand that you are frustrated with the process Grinch, but really why quit now, when EA Land is finally open? The devs ARE obviously working hard on tuning the game, changes ARE happening. Added to that, the communication is excellent, with updates here and on the blog, AND the devs being available in game.

They are really encouraging the players to participate in these changes, which is great and something that didnt happen during Beta in 2002.

I personally love the fact that the game is changing and evolving with each new development. This is a very exciting time in EA Land right now, and it seems a shame that after almost a year, you decide to quit now just as its starting to really take off at last

G

<blockquote><hr>

Rome was not built in a day,

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. Give the devs a break. Its not like The Sims 2 were there's a stuff pack or expansion released every month.

T

turtleface

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. Give the devs a break. Its not like The Sims 2 were there's a stuff pack or expansion released every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it wasn't built in a day, and it wasn't built by a tiny handful of people, either. Why aren't more devs being employed so they can get more work done faster?

B

B Jordan

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, it wasn't built in a day, and it wasn't built by a tiny handful of people, either. Why aren't more devs being employed so they can get more work done faster?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea why the dev team isn't bigger. There really aren't enough people working on this game.

Sometimes I feel like they should of just pulled the plug on TSO and started a similar game, still Sims, from the ground up all over again. Almost seems like less work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh.. nope.
There are about 2 expansion packs/year and only 6 total stuff packs so far.
You are wrong on that account.

Carry on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am tired of the lies and deceptions we are getting from the developers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, be more specific.

<blockquote><hr>

i am tired of wating for hte merge to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then ride the bullet train. Or create in EA-Land. Or wait patiently. Or, as you have done, quit (by the way, if this is a lie/deception, I fail to see how so, since they have been upfront with us about it all along).

<blockquote><hr>

it has been over a year since they started working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it hasn't. Not even close.

<blockquote><hr>

i am tired of paying for something that isnt going to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is going to happen. EA would be working against its own best interests if it didn't go through with the merge. It has been postponed for now, but never was it said that the merge would not happen. Under project TSO-E, EA has delivered on the majority of the things it has promised. Whether or not the changes have been accepted/liked is another story.

<blockquote><hr>

i quit, i quit, i quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of smokers said the same thing.

<blockquote><hr>

I am tired of the developers ignoring me

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Parizad would have listened to any concern you had via PM if it wasn't 1.) explicitly stated elsewhere 2.) frivolous 3.) obscene

It's uncommon to get a personalized letter from a developer. If you want an answer to your question, the middleman (woman in this case) is the player rep, and is the person to go to.

<blockquote><hr>

pretending they care about the players when they dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof, please? I have no objection to you making claims, just as long as you can support them with real evidence. Waspish babble isn't credible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]But for a miracle, TSO wouldn't even be here anymore. EA had every intention of pulling the plug on TSO last summer; but Mr. Barthelet was able to convince EA to let him take a shot at reversing the downward spiral the game was in. Now, given that EA had already signed TSO's death warrant and were about to execute it, and they may still do so if things don't pan out; do you honestly think EA is going to actually throw more money at the game in terms of developer salaries or pull existing devs off of more lucrative projects?

T

Tristan Lewis

Pinch me!!!!! ITS JUNE 08' ALREADY? The Dev. team started being assembled in June 07'. So NO it hasn't been a year yet.

G

*TTL*

Luc made his first blog post on March 3rd 2007 and without looking too deeply into it, it looks like he started adding team members in May 2007. TC3 opened in June 2007 so thats actually a pretty quick start.

One time Greg asked us if we would rather they close the game down and build the new game. We asked how long that would take, he said 2-5 years. In less then a year they have accomplished alot. Of course there is a long way to go, but I think they have made fabulous progress.

So quit if you choose to, but after 2 years of no devs and a year of remarkable progress blaming the devs for your decision is highly illogical.

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I am tired of the lies and deceptions we are getting from the developers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, be more specific.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appriciate the fact that the game is being worked on now, and I'm not quitting anytime soon, but there's no way I will ever assume the devs are telling us the truth. Am I the only one that remembers them telling us that custom content was not possible to be added, or that they would never merge the cities?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I appriciate the fact that the game is being worked on now, and I'm not quitting anytime soon, but there's no way I will ever assume the devs are telling us the truth. Am I the only one that remembers them telling us that custom content was not possible to be added, or that they would never merge the cities?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a collective amnesia perhaps mixed with some "Stockholm syndrome." Then again, there is a reason "never say never" is an old saying.

I

imported_Founder

Nobody really quits. In fact, those who start threads saying they quit, usually come back. People who do truly quit, do it silently, without starting threads like this. To me this is just a frustrated cry for help.

I give thise one over/under of 2.5 months til they come back.

G

them telling us that custom content was not possible to be added

They never said it was not possible. Only that it would take too much effort. That was 5 years ago. And they may have been talking about true custom content such as Second Life has.

O

ozzynowgone

thats not true founder i did a thread here and i quit and i wont be back i do watch the boards to see the destruction happen and say i told you so to myself mostly since i seen this all coming when they said they were changing things but ive been gone 8 months now and i wont ever go back to ealand as it now is

G

I hate when people make an "I quit the game." speech. All it's for is sympathy and attention, if you quit, have your cry, tell your friends, but don't waste time here posting about it.