• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I propose we shut down EAL just like this once a year...

• Thread starter imported_Founder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Founder

This was horrible, just horrible! EAL was offline for almost the whole day. I heard some of the most horrific stories tonight of what people were forced to do while server was down: spending time with kids, cuddling with their spouses while watching a movie, eating dinner with their families and the most horrific story of them all....somebody told me they were forced to go outside and socialize with actual human beings!!!

Yes, the rumors are true, folks --- there is another life out there besides our beloved EAL. So overall, I say tonight, EAL being down was actually a good thing for all of us. May be this should be done once a year.

Anyone else was forced to do things tonight that they usually don't do?

G

the only thing good that happened tonight was i got a haircut, but i was getting that regardless if EAL was down or not. There's still TC3 so all hope is not lost in playing the game. Do i think it should be shut down like this once a year? NO! Because no matter how long they keep it down there will always be a bug or two that slips by unnoticed, horrible lag that lingers and in the end its the SAME game that it was if it was offline for a day or not. A little warning WOULD be nice so you arent sitting here waiting for it to come back up but hey, what are you going to do?

G

The Nanny show was good, Hubby and I learned a lot from watching it. We had Kentucky fried chicken for dinner, yum with mashed potatoes and gravy. Actually enjoyed looking for custom content online that is copyright free and I found a few gold mines. Altho I guess I already have all the files in my sims offline games LOL

I was ok with the down time, but frankly I am not ready for rehab, give me more time I might become addicted.

G

I was stuck doin my schoolwork! YUCK!! That goodness for online classes or i'd really be in trouble.

G

Thats a really funny thing to be concerned about. Maybe we need a "Simmers anonymous" for people who neglect the real world for their simmy addictions, but personally, I only find myself missing EA-Land because I'm bored on spring break and I miss the best friend I spend time with in the game.

Until simming is a widespread addiction like gambling and alcohol, I don't think this post will get much approval. And anyways, even if it were a problem, one night away from the computer wouldn't solve too much.

G

people should be taking Real life breaks and spend time with family. Taking breaks from games isn't a bad thing. Is it?

J

JRock

Just to put it in perspective guys, what if it was shut down forever. The way a few people are attacking the devs, what if they were to say forget it and quit. We need to be really appreciative for what they are doing. This was just one day and look how it is making us react.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

people should be taking Real life breaks and spend time with family. Taking breaks from games isn't a bad thing. Is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not bad, its necessary for relationships, health, state of mind and for your life lol.

G

At the start up screen choose TC3, it should let you create one there. Then you will have to do a small update, takes like 5 minutes at high speed. Then your in. Have fun!

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed a lot of people came onto Stratics and made 40 threads about the same event all littered with complaints, cupcakes and hamster wheels.

O. Wait. That's not new. *snickers*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not bad, its necessary for relationships, health, state of mind and for your life lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exacctly, I take breaks cause sometimes you can get atad addicted and your like ignoring family/friends and thats not good for ya. Its good to least takes 30days aways from games and unwind abit.

I

imported_TrebleMaker8

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, the rumors are true, folks --- there is another life out there besides our beloved EAL.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is!? Oh man

First no Santa. Now this.
This is the worst day ever.

P

PoindeJ

I play in TC3, so...

Got a lot of robot factory shifts in, too. It was fun.

I actually didn't know EA Land was even down until an hour or two ago. It happens.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

This was horrible, just horrible! EAL was offline for almost the whole day. I heard some of the most horrific stories tonight of what people were forced to do while server was down: spending time with kids, cuddling with their spouses while watching a movie, eating dinner with their families and the most horrific story of them all....somebody told me they were forced to go outside and socialize with actual human beings!!!

Yes, the rumors are true, folks --- there is another life out there besides our beloved EAL. So overall, I say tonight, EAL being down was actually a good thing for all of us. May be this should be done once a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I went to TC3.

B

brendagfrie

I took a try at the rl thing ...but just wasn't as much fun and my boyfriend was not very happy with all the extra attention because he was trying to play madden nfl...so I went to TC3 and now he is a happy camper again : ))

G

All of this made me happy to know that there are so many others that are sitting almost a day and a half looking at their computers wondering what to do and finding nothing to do but sit and read these posts.

A

anniebonz

What's odd with me is...that I always have some type of internet thing to be doing with all my other gaming/work. But when its a server down or a computer problem I get less done of everything because I sit there watchin the status or messing with the comp to fix it.

For me, its much easier not to play when I know its sitting there ready for me to play, then I do when servers or something are down.

In other words I can play TSO/EA-Land or whatever game and then make myself log off and work or do housework or whatever but if the servers are down I'm refreshing the Stratics homepage for the EA-Land status constently. And rrefreshing the forum for new post about when somethin might happen.

on another note, if you draw a picture of the sun and hang it beside your comp it almost has the same effect as the real one without those harmful uv rays. lol

C

Carter'

Yea i agree i was fine with downtime spent time with fam cooked went to aunts house it was fun

G

I actually had to hold a conversation with my rl wife. Gasp! Shock and dismay! I couldn't do the usual "uh huh... oh my.... yeah that's pretty bad" while playing in EA Land.

I think i need therapy... lol

I

imported_PMS Janet

sits gazing at the computer screen..with prozac in one hand and a pad of paper in the other trying to decide what to do in r/l until everythingis back and running.

M

MandiK

I didnt even know it was down until I tried to log in a few minutes ago. Luckily, after my 2 month break from TSO that I took over January &amp; February, I dont play like I used to. I broke the addiction. I dont have the desire to sit &amp; play TSO all day like I used to. I finally treat it like a game, that I play when I have some free time, which isnt near as often as it used to be.

I am much happier with it now

G

Good for you. I need to start a thread on here about Simaholics Annonymous. I'll create a 12 step program to break the addiction... lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

I actually love when the game is down because I have no excuse to do other things then.

However just the other day I read an article about internet addiction being added to the list of psychiatric medical disorders.

Here is the article:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23402911-23272,00.html

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

I actually love when the game is down

[/ QUOTE ]

:-O Hey everybody! Its target practice time!