• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I pay money and this is the support I get?

K

Kula

So I log into UO the other day and find that my Parry skill is 119.5, and I want to raise it to 120.0 before I log out. I decided to page a GM, since I pay a monthy subscription to Ultima Online--which is owned by our dear friends at Electronic Arts and developed by Mythic entertainment.

Instead of a GM appearing and granting me a .5 skill increase on the spot, I received a generic response telling me to email EA/Mythic. I was pretty furious at this point since I had waited 20 hours in the queue to get such a response. Had I simply played the game or asked around I could found the answer, but no! I wanted my own personal GM at my beck and call!!! I pay money, ya know? GMs should be power-leveling my char when I log out!

Now back to the events of last night / early this morning; I email EA support and they tell me that I need to call Lord British, Richard Garriot himself. But when I try to reach him I get some lame voice-mail response saying he's busy in space trying to launch copies of Tabula Rasa towards the Sun -- but it then directs me to call his grandson, the Duke of Edinburgh, Richard Garriot IV.

Finally I got somewhere, as he answered his phone and was able to direct me towards a sheep-pen in Yew where I could gain .5 parry within 2 milliseconds if I only stripped naked, turned around 3 times, walked northwest 3 steps, and then quickly swap a dagger and a skinning knife.

Lo and behold, it worked! I was able to get to 120 parry in 2 milliseconds, but ultimately it took 25 hours and 16 minutes because of the crappy support I got from EA -- THANKS BUT NO THANKS!

After this I realized that my Item Identification skill was still at 0.00 and I figured that, for sure this time, a GM would respond to my help message and come and train the skill for me since I have absolutely no idea how to do it. It's probably bugged ya know, since I didn't bother asking anyone else or even try to use the crazy internets googler thing. Once again I had to wait in the queue, so here I am moaning about it on stratics forums -- no doubt someone will reply to my message telling me exactly how to fix my problem, but to heck with that, I PAY FOR UO, I WANT MY OWN LEGENDS GM TO LOG IN FOR ME AND HOLD MY HAND.

K

Kula

How is this a rant? I'm poking fun at all the rants that aren't moderated. Owell, people rather get angry than laugh about it I guess.

E

eolsunder

Well i was smarter than you, i cheated and put on an item that gave +5 parry, and i was at 120! so there..