• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need your help Atlantic!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hello everyone! As some may know, I've been working on building Stratics wiki, especially the rares database, for the past six years. At this point, I've *almost* seen every last rare item in the game (roughly 12,685), but there's still 221 I've not been able to find, and then there's some where the info is still a bit lacking.

That's where I need your help! For the ones I'm still looking for, if you can tell me where to look, I'll go grab the info I need in game. However, some of these last items are on banned or inactive accounts; if you even have a screenshot of any of them, please post it! For weapons and armor, even if you don't have a picture, but can help with the props for the item, that too would be helpful.

For the items I have seen, but where info is lacking, if you can help fill in/correct the missing year (or type) for any of them, that'd be quite helpful.

Items I'm still searching for (to see, not to buy):

Items I've found,but need info on:

Seer items with unknown year:
EM items with unknown year:

Last edited:

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Per this page: UO Stratics - Stories & Secrets - Items & Artifacts - Atlantic

Crystalline Blackrock 1998
Necklace Etched With Valor:

Necklace of Valor
Description: A reward for vanquishing an evil black tree in a Seer run quest in mid 1998.

Here is the story describing Phakebrus and Aragothias's fall dated March 9th 2000 (Aragothias Sword): UO Stratics - BNN Archives - Daemon Phakebrus is Fallen - Atlantic - March 9th 2000

Story of Xerot the Illusionist's fall dated in 2000: BNN: Xerot the Illusionist Defeated - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia. There is also an article to be found called "New Exhibits at the Vesper Museum" from 2000 the describes the addition of the Lantern of Illusions, Robe of the Oracle, and Empath Abbey Monk robe so I think those would be 2000 as well.

Orc War Drum of Wind: Description: The final goal/prize at the end of a series of orc related quests in early 1998. There were originally three drums - red, white and blue. These were the magic drums used to rally the orcs against Britannia. Currently owned by Randulf of Trinsic Rangers on Atlantic shard.

Pirate Book:

Item: Pirate Book
Grey.jpg (18640 bytes)
Description: One of a set of three books from the quest in early 1999 when the portal from Buccaneer's Den to near Vesper was created. Currently resides in the Wintermoor Collection.
Reference: Pirates create access to mainland
Properties and Attributes: Open book.Credits: Submitted by Courage.

I'll try to get hard dates for the SCT and UBB single bottle wines. I know both are 2000 or earlier. SCT got an IGM blessed house and UBB got an IGM blessed NPC building in Fel Brit and they stopped doing IGM blessings around 2000.

As for the multi-bottle SCT reserve vintage, this is and never was accessible to players. This item is IGM placed in the Serpent Cross Tavern and if the house fell, the item would still remain locked down until a GM deletes it. So while it is a rare item, it was NEVER accessible to players. The owner of the house can't even unlock it. Here is another example of that at Leiah's Rune Library, which fell last year unfortunately, but was IGM blessed. These items had to be GM deleted:
1578654466226.png

The Ebon Skull on your list was never a player-accessible item. It was created specifically for the Order of the Ebon Skull townstone on Atlantic outside of Umbra:
1578654275815.png

I could probably get you a date on that but I'd have to do some digging.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, the Atlantic Summer Festival was held in 2001, if you're looking for a date for those sashes. It was held at the (former) Britain Fairgrounds which no longer exist. I'm trying to find a picture but having difficulty. The grounds were in the location that EM Roenick's house is now by Brit Moongate. The event had 3 or 4 events and was organized by the Britain Council of Compassion (RP group from back in those days, not a guild). The Mayor of Britain (RP-wise) at the time was Auren Therion. In addition to the scavenger hunt and riddle contest, there was also a race, so there could potentially be sashes out there for the race winners. I specifically remember this event because I first met my ingame wife there as she was part of the Brit Council and helped plan it.

I found this small writeup on the Atlantic History Thread in this forum:

* Fairgrounds - due north of Britain moongate, was created for a Summer Festival. Stage with benches, a pond, targets, and a tent. Sign on tree says "Stable Master for the Summer Festival only - Animals stabled at other times may be released to the wild" (23o 43'S, 1o 15'E)

The fairgrounds were specifically created for the event and to my knowledge were never used again officially. I once asked Halister why they were deleted and he said it was an unintended accident when they added some content which wiped out the fairgrounds. I also remember many of us participating in the race using ostards which were illegally brought out of T2A using a bug. Used to be you couldn't take ostards out of the Lost Lands. This led to OSI officially allowing ostards to cross from T2A to Britainnia.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Many thanks! I'll get all that edited in. There's a fine line, perhaps, between a 'rare item' that was once/is (or in the case of a couple of Origin EM items, 'potentially could have been') in player's hands, and 'general landscape deco' that IGMs, EM, etc have placed around the shards, like the Bleeding Stone. I'd consider IGM blessed unique items *that were in player-owned housing* in the former category, though it's close to the line. However, if the Ebon Skull never existed outside of the town display, that's not a player-owned house, so I'd place it more in the category of 'landscape deco' items like the Bleeding Stone. I'll take it out of the rares database. There's plenty of room for someone to add in such deco to the wiki, but that's a different project! :D (and one I'd support, though not a task I myself have time to do, lol.)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I'm not sure where you'd want to put them, but here are all of the uniquely named items in the Serpent Cross Tavern. All are IGM placed and not locked down. As you can see there were lots of non-unique stuff added as well, such as the outside deco and the counters inside. Also, these wall torches are IGM placed (before they were a deed item).

1578707659548.png
1578707683932.png
1578707732509.png

The Serpent Cross Tavern is one of only three IGM blessed towns/houses from IGM/seer days left on Atlantic, the others being the Hungry Halfling Tavern in Rivendell (no uniquely named items there, only outside decor, I own that spot) and the West Yew University, though most of the WYU IGM blessings are in the NPC buildings around the WYU house.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Items from West Yew:

1578708455991.png
1578708533491.png
1578708611529.png
1578708648402.png

None of the extra decoration is uniquely named, just the signs, the tree of knowledge, and the banner inside the small player house.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if you are associated with the house on Justice Island ( island in the middle of the lake near Justice Shrine /trammel).. if you are not you should go and check it out... they have alot of the Easter eggs on top floor against south wall... haven't been there in a long time... not sure which eggs they have....

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@BrianFreud

Okay this one took some digging. Per this Wayback page (which is a pretty amazing walkthrough of the FoA story and has some screenshots of early seer quests): Welcome

The FOA reward deed (Hero of the Realm deed) and G'thunk's Fist were in 1998.
FoA reward specifically on September 17th, 1998.

Per this BNN Article, G'Thunk was slain on (or rather, the story was posted on) December 22nd, 1998. UO Stratics - BNN Archives - Halston Montil finds the FoA leader with the help of many brave adventurers - December 22nd 1998

I know the owner of Dayel Stormcrow's copy of the FoA reward deed, I could possibly get a screenshot. I -can- tell you that it is a newbied item and cannot be locked down (similar to the 1997 X-Mas Rewards and very old player heads).

Last edited:

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, I am almost certain that "The Teleporter Is the First Step" is from the Pirate quest in 1999 I mentioned a few posts up from a few months back. It says there were three books in the set and the quest was about creating the teleporter from the Minoc/Vesper xroads to Bucs Den. I think books like these across all shards would be from 1999 per: UO Stratics - BNN Archives - Pirates create access to mainland - February 1st 1999

The Teleporter Is The First Step... Soon We Will Be Rich!
Keep The Diversion Going. We Are Almost Finished
Keep The Diversion Going. We Are Almost Through.

Here is the third book in the series from the Atlantic Repertory:
1582133019646.png

Last edited: