• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] I need to do something with my hands...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A question about magery equipment. My template is cramped -

upload_2018-7-10_15-50-21.png

The 100 magery is necessary to cast invisibility 100%. I won't be using summons or offensive magery spells.
I do mostly t-hunts, I invis, run back and pick off the monsters. I need vet (with another +30 on some spare jewels to res my beetle), and sometimes magery to cast greater heals on my pet, Other than heals and cures, I don't cast much because I need the mana for Consume Damage.

I'm currently carrying a scrappers which I think is both useless and overkill. On many of my mages, I carry some sort of magery weapon, but at only 100 magery I'm not sure it'll be very effective, especially since I'm soloing L6's and it's hard to hit those mobs.

Got any suggestions for what I should be carrying in my hands?

Delvan

Visitor
Some suggestions:

Tome of Lost Knowledge - (+15 magery, +8 intelligence, 15% lower mana cost, 15% spell damage increase)

While the SDI is superfluous to your needs, the 15 magery would allow you to move more points into veterinary. If you lack LMC on your suit this is also a nice option.

Boomstick - (+3 mana regen, faster casting 1, 20% lower reagent cost)

This is mainly for the 3 MR to help maintain consume. The 20% LRC could potentially be of use and give you more gearing choices.

Alternative:

Aside from these items, get spell channel weapons and shields that offer good mana regen and int/mana/hitpont increases.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The higher your Magery skill the more your Greater Heals do. Assuming at some point that you're going to be doing 7's as well, which have things with auras, and stuff that will render consume useless (think it only consumes from phys damage), being able to heal at range and have melee defense (which is the main purpose of a mage weapon) would be a good idea.

There's a wand I believe that is mage weapon -0 with 10 Med.