• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need some help

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently at 101.1 taming, and have hit a huge wall. I've been trying for days to raise it, but the only gains I'm getting are my .1 from GGS. I've been taming ki-rins mostly, but have also tried giant toads, frenzied ostards and re-tamed bulls. And I've tied mostly without jewels, but have tried a few with jewels, and I'm not seeing anything. Any idea what I should do?

I

imported_Leto

Jewel up to 110-115 taming and head for the Savage Village in Ilshenar. Wear Savage Skin Paint so you don't get attacked. All the way to the west inside the village there is a spot where 2 Ridgebacks spawn and re-spawn almost instantly.
This is without a doubt the most mind-numbing method to train taming but also the fastest due to sheer numbers. You will be taming pretty much constantly.

If you can stand the boredom give that method a try. At your skill level though you should get decent gains off Ki-Rins and Frenzied Ostard aswell and those are much more fun. Just keep at it, eventually the RNG will roll in your favor

I

imported_GFY

I'm going to impart apon you my SeKrEt taming method and the place to do it. I trained my taming from 70's to GM using this method for about 1 hour per day, gaining AT LEAST 1.0 skill.

Go to Hyloth dungeon entrance. Go into the dungeon and mark a rune in the center of the room that spawns chests to lock pick just inside the dungeon. (make sure you mark it in the center or your rune could be blocked by a spawning chest) Mark this rune "Taming spot #1"

Now go outside the room and mark another rune in the hallway to the east. (5 or 6 tiles fron the door is fine) Mark this rune "Taming spot #2"

Go and tame yourself a pet. (I use a sheep or a cow myself but a horse will do if you can't gate) The pet you use must NOT be bonded.

Bring the pet to spot #1. Bring it near the door and invis yourself. Wait untill all the hell hounds or imps agro on the pet. RECALL (not gate) to spot #2 (this way your pet will stay in the room with agro from the other critters)

Now tame all the imps and hell hounds at leasure! The pet will hold agro on the imps and HH's and you can tame fairly safely. As you tame one critter kill it and watch for the respawn. You'll have to invis again if it agro's you!

If you run low on critters to tame, run down the hall to the east and bring back some imps and HH's. Lead them to the door, invis and wait for them to agro on your pet. (At higher levels I would lure 3 of each and alternate taming 1 imp then 1 HH) Be carefull however, as the number of critters goes up it can be a bit dangerous!

You can use this method to tame all the way up to 120. The gains may come a bit slower after you reach 100.