• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] I need direction, advice on the fencer/archer pvp template.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone point me to a link...or post a template for this build...I am hearing it is the new thing in pvp...and I get a lot of questions from friends. I need to read up!
thanks
TW

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "build" usually runs under the name "Disarm archer".
The idea behind this build is disarm your victim, them run them down with moving shot.
This it the build that destroys every mage template that depends on a -mage weapon. It can also destroy every build that dosent have parry. (not all but close)
There are many variations on this build. Do you fight alone, or in a group.. Do you need resisting spells or not.
Try this build

120 archery
120 fencing
120 resist
090 tact
090 heal
100 ana
080 poisoning/bushido

If you get dismounted alot, swap poisoning with ninjutsu, and get +10 on suit somewhere. (or lower ana 10)

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close to above poster, but I use

Fencing: 120.0
Resisting Spells: 120.0
Archery: 115.0
Tactics: 100.0
Anatomy: 95.0
Healing: 90.0
Poisoning: 80.0

115 Archery because use +5 archery quiver for 120.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its all about stamnia :)
If u wanna swing max with those compostie bows, u will need 211 stamnia.
If u want to spam alot of specials (AI etc etc) you will need alot of mana, so having 55 LMC and alot of mana increase and INT is needed.

So for a suit..well
aim for
Max stamnia increase (211)
Max Hpi (+25)
Max LMC (55)
HCI 45
DCI 50 or 55
50 EP (so u get max out of potions specially strength, and agility is importand)
All the mana regen items u can get (24++)
Enough damage increase on items so u get 35 damage pr AI.
Try and refine suit you will lower poison or cold, so u get 50DCI or 55 dci
Damage eater is nice to have.
Basic stats are dependent on how many stats you get from items. so cant really give any numbers.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgot to mention you also need either 50 SSI bows and SSI +5 bonus from city bonus or item
Or you can roll with
40 SSI composite bows, with +10 ssi from items, and +5 ssi from city or items.

Goal is to get 55 SSI (for composite bows)
You can play with this awesome tool http://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/ssi
Good luck, happy spending those 200-500mill on such a suit hehe

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, i do avoid pvp, but still its something i do not really understand here.
Against same temp, its 50/50 chance to win, probably who gets the first splinter disarm.
Against serious wrestle and or parry mage, probably no way or only lucky rng, add casting focus and scribe for more rng fun.
Weapon/parry guy the same, clever 4/6 chiv also. What is left here, spending 500 mil to kill those pvp guys who do not understand the game at all and could be killed by any template run by a serious gamer.
So no skill, all rng, very few buttons to press. And with current state of the uo rng , even a 120 wrestle/parry guy could die to this.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Mage, Med, Eval vs the same is the only PvP that relies entirely on player skill using spell play and no Casting Focus on gear. Factor in any other skill it becomes RNG.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the template is actually outdated now. Most people play parry alchy mages and will eat disarm archers alive. If you still decide to go with it I would run either ninja or bush with the extra skill points cause poison is not worth having, too easily cured. The bush/ninja will give you the combat bonus to LMC. I think the necro archer would be better as far as damage and survivablility.