• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need advice on what to do !!!! GEMMA!!

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let me tell you a tale of a land named fel
where there once was a guild
named the kna that i served well
ok well the old guild house was just east of vesper fel just east that castle belonging to the tooth fairy well i was given the guild house account was held intact for over 12 years and now my freind cyax baneslayer decided he
couldnt keep the account so he gave me the account info on it. well i activated the account and it had access to one of his other houses that was full of loot. soo i took the loot and have it on display its quite the haul id say close to a billion but im just wondering what have i done, have i betrayed a freind by activating an account and looting one of his houses? did he actually know that this account he was giving me have access and was giving me these things as a going away present since he said he was quiting uo i guess i should claim these things for eotd and in memory of my old guild kna ? maybee i shouldnt of even activated the account and just not even gone to the other houses i know master p bla bla bla ... why do the uo gods always put me in these kinds of situations... i guess i should just hold it for now and give it back if he hasnt quit uo ? :stretcher: what would you do i mean i dont want any bad karma ... i dont want to be considerd a theif either yawns fyi im sick and need a halls or something coughs...

S

SUPRsalad

let me tell you a tale of a land named fel
where there once was a guild
named the kna that i served well
ok well the old guild house was just east of vesper fel just east that castle belonging to the tooth fairy well i was given the guild house account was held intact for over 12 years and now my freind cyax baneslayer decided he
couldnt keep the account so he gave me the account info on it. well i activated the account and it had access to one of his other houses that was full of loot. soo i took the loot and have it on display its quite the haul id say close to a billion but im just wondering what have i done, have i betrayed a freind by activating an account and looting one of his houses? did he actually know that this account he was giving me have access and was giving me these things as a going away present since he said he was quiting uo i guess i should claim these things for eotd and in memory of my old guild kna ? maybee i shouldnt of even activated the account and just not even gone to the other houses i know master p bla bla bla ... why do the uo gods always put me in these kinds of situations... i guess i should just hold it for now and give it back if he hasnt quit uo ? :stretcher: what would you do i mean i dont want any bad karma ... i dont want to be considerd a theif either yawns fyi im sick and need a halls or something coughs...
Well.. I've never been faced with that before. I'm always the guy who gave the acct info away, and when you do that, you can't be upset about what happens to your stuff. Look at me, I gave my acct to a trusted friend and now I can't get it back. My house is gone, my suits are probably gone, my templates are probably butchered and do I care? None-at-all..
If I cared that much, I wouldn't have given my acct info away. Its just stuff. If I wanted to come back, ol' pink would have me set-back-up in no time! In fact, my NEW stuff would probably be better than the old crap!

-Gemma.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im assuming this guys not a rl friend? Or you could just ask him. But, after thinking about it, i dont think what you did was wrong. At first i thought it was a **** move; even a guy who says hes quiting might keep an account active, especially if you have a house full of stuff. I know ive been inactive for over a year before but kept the house open for that reason. If he really stopped paying for the account, and the house would fall, then you were definitly in the right. If he just forgot to take co-ownership off, and "quit" uo but kept one account open then yeah hed probably be kinda pissed when he came back. Or if he was planning on selling the other account.

To really find out you should just get in touch with him. If you know him im sure you at least have his icq or phone number or facebook or something.

A

AND3R

Count I would be happy to answer this question for you.
Since we both know Cyax - it would be safe to assume that you understand where I'm coming from here.

Here it goes...

Do you really think that he was intending to give that stuff to anyone that was NOT in Kna?

Take your loot graciously and accept the donation from an old friend.
I can tell you right now that if you have ANY access to the loot house it's because he gave it to you. It would also have been given for a specific reason.
Cyax was never the kind of guy to "forget" anything.

Cheers mate! Enjoy the spoils of treasure from the days of Old and celebrate the memory of your expired guild!