• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need a Warning for Imbuing & Pet Training

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please give us a warning message before Imbuing or Upgrading pets. Sometimes when you try to add an ability, stat, or whatever the upgrade is, a property already on the pet/item may get removed or decreased.

I'd really like to see a message before you do anything if there is the chance of getting a property/ability removed or decreased.

PLEASE !!!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there not already a message about adding a magic ability will remove all previous magic abilities?

I just don't understand why everyone is having such a hard time with this stuff.
Actually it says it's going to remove magery.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never got a warning that was telling me what "Specific" property was being lowered or removed, ever.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wish they'd tell you that the ORDER of what you pick is important so that you don't lock your pet out of abilities you'd be able to add if you'd have put them on BEFORE picking something else. Combined with this suggestion then you'd get:

"Adding poisoning at this time will remove magery from your pet and prevent you from adding the following special moves : Explosive goo... Do you wish to continue?"

I also wish that the planner (thank you for that btw, devs!!!) had one simple button: "APPLY PLAN". I mean, how could you not have put such a useful function in? Then of course you could have a save and load pet template... and... oops, sorry, the developer side of me is taking over... eeep!

Reactions: Tia

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wish they'd tell you that the ORDER of what you pick is important so that you don't lock your pet out of abilities you'd be able to add if you'd have put them on BEFORE picking something else. Combined with this suggestion then you'd get:

"Adding poisoning at this time will remove magery from your pet and prevent you from adding the following special moves : Explosive goo... Do you wish to continue?"

I also wish that the planner (thank you for that btw, devs!!!) had one simple button: "APPLY PLAN". I mean, how could you not have put such a useful function in? Then of course you could have a save and load pet template... and... oops, sorry, the developer side of me is taking over... eeep!
I believe the order in which you pick stuff will be fixed so it won't matter. Options disappearing due to order chosen is a bug.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone is obsessed with # of abilities, where i've found pets that are limited to less perform better. For instance, if you take a fire beetle and tell it all it can do is rune corruption and armor ignore, you will see it burn mana on nothing but armor ignore since it is all it knows to do. Just a thought

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe the order in which you pick stuff will be fixed so it won't matter. Options disappearing due to order chosen is a bug.
Technically, by choosing a magical ability last we are in essence giving an extra ability, that is over the correct number of abilities a pet can have. So doing them in any other order is the intended way by the Devs and adding magical ability last is a way to circumvent the system to add one extra ability :danceb:

You'll notice a pet like a phoenix or a mare, since it already comes with a magical ability, cannot learn the extra (overcapped) number of abilities in any way shape or form.