• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I miss the old TSO.

• Thread starter Natalius Lynn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Natalius Lynn

I liked how it was. Especially the economy. The whole buying simoleans thing is just a 100% dumb idea to me, because they're taking advantage of it and lowering all other ways to make money. Why did you have to change it? It was fine the way it was, besides the no updates part.

Give us our money back! No more atms!

G

ATM's are a way for EA to make money. A lot of people don't like this as they see it as "selfish" but quite honestly it is good for EA and it is also good for those players that CHOOSE to use it.

In the long run what is good for EA is good for us, because if they weren't making money they'd shut down the game (as was planned prior to the "comeback" of the developers).

I

imported_MARCIN2006

U mean the economy were each player had over $400,000,000 and no one did anything but sit on their ass in their stores AFK.....!

No thank you, if your too lazy to make the simoleans the hard way im sorry but this is actually funner and more challenging. The old tso was never good since 2003.

N

Natalius Lynn

Okay maybe the buying simoleans is fine. But the whole cashing out part is really ruining the game. I don't want to buy fake money to be able to own my own lot and stuff, especially seeing as they made it nearly impossible to make it on our own..

G

if it was fine the way it was how come no one was playing it?
i found it very boring to go get a 100,000 payout for making one set of jams...and then what?

i miss the money but the truth was, no one was playing the game anymore because they all had so much money nothing was a challenge

N

Natalius Lynn

It has nothing to do with laziness, but thanks for the thought.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if it was fine the way it was how come no one was playing it?
i found it very boring to go get a 100,000 payout for making one set of jams...and then what?

i miss the money but the truth was, no one was playing the game anymore because they all had so much money nothing was a challenge

[/ QUOTE ]

x.

We all were set in a specific way of thinking/donig things.

Fixing the economy was a very necessary task for EA to start. And is probably the only reason this game is still around. When Luc Barthelet took interest a year ago, a major focus was the economy.

I know its difficult, but let go of the old way of thinking.

And Welcome back!

G

<blockquote><hr>

No thank you, if your too lazy to make the simoleans the hard way im sorry but this is actually funner and more challenging.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll remind you of this in a couple of month's time, when what is bugging everyone else has got to you as well.

Other games have different levels and play styles where you can still gain success regardless of how you play - it just takes longer.

It seems that to be successful in EA-Land you have only three choices - put in 18 hours a day, cheat, or buy money from EA. None of those allow the casual player to achieve anything, and casual players make up the vast majority of any online game.

I started playing a new character on World of Warcraft 3 months before a friend signed up. We play on the same server. I am nearly level 39, she is level 54. Why? Not because she's a better player than I am, simply because she has more time to play than I do. Is that my fault for not being able to keep up with her? Of course not. We both have our amount of time we can play based on our lifestyle choices, and I don't begrudge the fact she's progressing faster than me, because it probably took her about the same amount of hours to get to 39 as it did for her to get to 39, just in fewer days by spending more hours a day online.

EA-Land, however, doesn't seem to be working that way because in many other games, you can set your own pace - whereas here you are forced to compete if you want to achieve anything, and often against people who are being less than honest in their playstyles.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

It seems that to be successful in EA-Land you have only three choices - put in 18 hours a day, cheat, or buy money from EA. None of those allow the casual player to achieve anything, and casual players make up the vast majority of any online game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I didn't feel the same way, AJ, but I do. There was a day when I played hours and hours in TSO each day, so I know there are many -- especially the people who hang on these boards -- who just don't understand what it means to be a casual player. Not only the things you mentioned, but also the recent introduction of sporatic skill and payout increases. Those of us who are casual players miss out on those perks.

I keep hoping things will improve. My optimism is getting dimmer each day as the what "is to be" becomes clearer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wish I didn't feel the same way, AJ, but I do. There was a day when I played hours and hours in TSO each day, so I know there are many -- especially the people who hang on these boards -- who just don't understand what it means to be a casual player.

[/ QUOTE ]I've been there, done that ... 18 hour saturdays in front of the computer hosting, only leaving the computer to go pee and find something to eat.

<blockquote><hr>

Not only the things you mentioned, but also the recent introduction of sporatic skill and payout increases. Those of us who are casual players miss out on those perks.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't been keeping track of the times, but I'm quite sure they're probably all 'convenient for US players and screw the rest of the world'.

G

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't been keeping track of the times, but I'm quite sure they're probably all 'convenient for US players and screw the rest of the world'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this hasn't been the case. The Aussies may have cause for complaint, but Europeans do not. I (in the UK) have been online for several of these events, which have taken place in the late afternoons and early evenings UK time at weekends. This could actually be construed as a better time for us than for many Americans for whom it is still morning/lunchtime.