• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] I may be behind, were the bod changes announced?

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been a bod hiatus for two months, so I was VERY surprised to learn that
'tweaks" were made to bod rewards. Was this announced somewhere? I read UoHall every few days and I read the patch notes. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. It's very possible that I was suffering from lack of caffeine while reading and just missed it.

I only found out about it bc someone on Siege asked why he got a +60 ASH when he should have gotten an aggy hammer.

Is data still being collected? I may start doing bods again just to help with the new reward charts. Will another chart be made? I lived by Tower of Roses! :(

N

Natalie Black

*points to all the sticky posts above*

We are tracking changes now. But wasnt really announced.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, since the change was not announced, do you think it would be a good idea to announce the changes on UoHall and ask for people's to help with the data collection?

Honestly, not everyone reads stratics (or in my case, the Craftsman forums), so there might be some very confused people out there wondering why they got a different reward. Plus, A LOT more data can be collected.

Just a thought. I didn't want to go ahead and do it. I thought maybe a Mod of this forum might like the job. :D

*off to fill more bods*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, we did it well over a week ago, in threads where people were asking about odd rewards, so the requests have probably fallen past page 10 on U.Hall.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh damn, my bad!! I check do check UoHall regularly, but must have missed that thread. I'm sorry!! Maybe I can looked for it and give it a bump!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's really nothing more in those threads than in here...

Simply, it looks like maybe a random 0-200 points are being added to the point total for Smith BODs above a certain reward level (Tailoring appears to be a little more complicated, but is probably similar with a lesser bonus range), about 20-25% of the time.

That's our best guess at the moment. And, that's all it can really be IS a guess, for now...

We were promised during the Hall of Commons chat that an update to the point charts to show what is REALLY going on would be forthcoming, but no update as yet.

The point system, before the mysterious bonuses that bumped up rewards occurred, are at the following

Blacksmith BOD Point System
Tailoring BOD Point System

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa! I have never seen those point charts before!! They have been around while, haven't they? :blushing: I have always relied on Tower of Roses.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
TOR about had the charts worked completely out by hand, through doing BODs, when someone finally pointed them to those charts (not the KB version, but were provided them directly by one of the Devs). The KB versions are STILL a little vague, becuase they should end the ranges with 24/49/74/99, not 25/50/75/00, as the latter are also used for the start of the next reward range.

The result was that TOR confirmed their charts with the point system, about 5 years ago, and most people still used TOR because it was easier. Most modern BOD charts & calculators (like Stratics' one that allows you to see reward by BOD, or BODS by reward) use the Knowledge Base info as well.

There were still a few crackpots, even in Early 2008, that were insisting that TOR was wrong, and the sites they used were right, yet were insisting the BOD system had broken because they "suddenly" were getting the TOR-indicated reward (though they refused to acknowledge it as such) instead of their favorite sites - which typically were charts of the pre-Publish 19 BOD rewards, or allowed anyone to submit ANY data (with all of it shown). The latter ones often had 3/4 their data wrong for both pre- and post- Pub 19 charts, from idiots reporting rewards from extremely variant ruleset private shards set up illegally using emulators.

Even I was convinced for a while that two TOR lines were wrong, but that was from a typo on the Knowledge Base page that finally got fixed about 2 years ago (they had the point value of the Fencing and the 6-part weapon larges swapped).