• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I made a booboo: RE: CNC site

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had had the owner's permission to host the site and someone had archived the whole site had uploaded it for me a couple years back.

Today, I decided to clean up my server a bit and deleted old/outdated FTP accounts. In the process I deleted the user who uploaded the files...and accidentally deleted everything with it. I didnt' realize the what the username was and deleted it, thinking it was someone else...I'm working to get the site restored, but not holding my breath...

Edit: Okay they are unable to restore it, because a backup hasn't been made because I'm over my inode limit (whatever). I have managed to pull most of it, if nto all of it from the wayback machine, i just have to edit the pages. I am doing this slowly (stopping for tonight) but should have most of the pages up by tomorrow.

Unfortunately, not all the pages were saved, a large number were...and I've contacted the person who uploaded the files originally to see if I can get this done easier with her just uploading it.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have it fixed by tomorrow night...mostly.

Lesson to the wise...if you're gonna clean up your server, no matter the reason, download the backup, even if it takes a few hours to download....such a headache now LOL

Cheers.

B

Bill Gates OSD

Just a thought but, google key words that will bring it up and click the Cached link. Google caches everything. Hope this helps!

T

Tazar

Sorry to hear that... there's a lot of good stuff I'd hate for the community to loose. Good Luck with the rebuild!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And it has been fixed thanks to Teeshy. Eventually this site will be ported into UOHomeDecor, just time and i haven't been working together to get it done.

Cheers all.