• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I made a 77 resist cap on test with horned runic

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also had the nightsight property. Now I burned through a lot of charges and made some less than great items too, but the potential is there.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's starting to sound like Horned and Spined kits might have a place in a Tailor's pouch.

G

Horned definately, it'll make the odd super resist pieces, and lrc with decent resists. I'm figuring the Spined will be more for making luck pieces for tamers, or high lrc suits for practice (since the resists won't be too impressive). Even just making luck/lrc training is WAY better than what spined get used for now (house deco).

Rey~

G

<blockquote><hr>

Horned definately, it'll make the odd super resist pieces, and lrc with decent resists. I'm figuring the Spined will be more for making luck pieces for tamers, or high lrc suits for practice (since the resists won't be too impressive). Even just making luck/lrc training is WAY better than what spined get used for now (house deco).

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, you can make decent enough 100% LRC suits just from the junk people leave on peerless corpses.

I did a test. Using searchuo I went on pacific to see the cheapest 100% LRC meddable suit I could make. It ended up costing me just under 7k. And the resist wasn't horrible.

G

just made a 79 resist, lmc 7% pair of sleeves out of barbed hides with a horned runic

if I only get 1 piece like this per horned, they still easily pay for themselves.

Rey~

G

Hi,
So far ive made 3 max luck items (sleeves,gorget,legs) with other mods , si, mr etc out of about 6 or 7 spined kits.
I like the new changes :p

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been able to play since the changes went in, so I'm dying to burn some runics. I could use some high luck, lower reagent cost items. Unfortunately I didn't really fill any bods to give spined runics, so I think I only have like 3 kits to burn - heh.

G

If ya were on Napa I could hook ya up Shelley, I was givin a quiting players store of bods, took 4 days to sort em all. I ended up with tons, got about 20 spined runics and gave the rest of the bods to a guildie cuz I got tired of filling em. I have at least 20 horned as well, with enough bods for 40 more or so. Even got 3 Barbed runics out of all the bods, with tons of barbed smalls, just need the stingy tailor to give me some barbed larges

Rey~

G

I just made a 72 resist tunic with a horned kit and several other keeper pieces. So, I would say horned are a viable option.

I

imported_Festus

88 Resist legs made on Atlantic
21% Physical
18% Fire
21% Cold
6% Poison
22% Energy

And this from a Horned Runic!
Highest resist part I have ever made.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on TC1 using Horned kits the other day and I made a piece with over 80 resists too. It didn't have any other mods but those resists are just sick.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, what perfect timing to get all those bods just as the changes rolled in. 
I burned through a few spined kits and they are so much better now then they used to be.

G

I made a 92 resist tunic with a horned kit. 21 20 22 7 22, no other mods.

G

I was using a horned kit to make some sleeves for my macer, needed fire/cold/energy and was hoping for a good mod like lmc or mr, or even stamina/mana. Got this MR2 10/21/16/9/21 using barbed hides, 68 total resists AND mr2 super sweet

now if I can get gloves and a tunic the same.... hehehe

Rey~