• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) I love you guys

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I started playing UO in '98 during the Trinsic invasion. Here was a whole new world to explore and engage with. I became addicted and played 7-8 hours a night 5-6 nights a week. Ahh, misspent youth. Part of what sucked me in was the immersive quality of the game and the other part was the community that surrounded it. I still have friends from my Pac guild from '98. But for various reasons, I had to walk away around 2001.

Jump to 2010 or thereabouts. I was looking for something to scratch that UO itch and I thought - "why not try UO itself again?"

I found that many things had changed but most of what I loved still remained. Except for the sense of community. I almost gave up and walked away, but then I remembered that hardcore shard where angels feared to tread. They called it Siege Perilous. I thought why not try that scary place before I call it quits...

I rolled Henry on Siege (I wanted to try something new and Chad's stories always made me laugh), and the rest is history. I may take breaks every now and then, but I'll always come back to Siege as long as you're all still here. Cheers!

P.s. I may have had a few drinks tonight. I feel like this is safer than drunk-texting an ex ^^

Last edited:

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can relate you your story. All of it even the drunk texting an ex, in my case med texting or pms texting all of them work about the same!! Glad to have people like you around.

Sliced

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I can relate you your story. All of it even the drunk texting an ex, in my case med texting or pms texting all of them work about the same!! Glad to have people like you around.
That's an interesting combo. Text one, happily medicated. Text two, PMS takes control. Text three, confused.why did I text you. Text four, happily medicated. Text five, PMS procs again. Text six, PMS is probably winning the battle by this point. Text seven, I don't ever want to talk to you again. Nap time...that poor guy didn't even know what hit him. Or does he? *wink*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just wondering if Pignasty is a razorback fan. Seeing his name gives me the sudden urge to start chanting "wooooooooooooooooo pig sooie!"

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*giggles* I live next door to Arkansas, across the river tho, soooooooooooo...GO Miss. REBELS ... ! :) *points to Kat's post* ^^

Dear Pignasty : Aye Siege is often the final shard many try before they leave UO for good and if they got the stuff, it ends up THE shard they enjoy the most of any of them they played upon, before dorky things like *trammel* and insurance ! What good is UO if no one ever even gets to try to pk ya ? :) Might as well then play trammel and lil bunny foo foo if one wants UO that boringly ....non eventful tranquil zzzzzzzzzzzzz !! I do not play UO any more but if EVER I came back it would be on Siege and if no one pkd me the first moments I log on full of stuffs stored on all my Siege chrs. logged out here...I would be sooo disappointed in THEM. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kat

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord