• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i love that this game is basically medieval pokemon now

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's not sarcasm. i really like the variety and complexity of the taming system, and seeing players running around with all sorts of weird colourful tameables now that anything can be a viable battle pet if you spend enough time on it.

the key difference is that in pokemon, you don't have the opportunity to say "screw the pokemon, i prefer to beat people up with my own two hands." in uo, you do!

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the funniest thing to me is that way back when i started playing, when i was 14 and had to beg my mum to buy me the uo cd and pay my subscription, it was the taming system and the thought of playing a badass beastlord that really attracted me... but i didn't have the attention span for it, and now, sixteen years later, i have never ever raised a single tamer build higher than like 70.0

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
**Grabs the pokemon master ball*** A mystic lich will be nice for a pet.

To be honest I was very happy after the long road to 100 taming. Then I came back and needed to 120 it. That toke me almost 7 years I ended up buying SoTs for the last 7 points lol