• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I like the Jewelry Box

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish it had a list view so I could see the stats without having to mouse over, but it's still useful. Now if you'll come out with a Wardrobe that functions the same way but for armor, I"ll be set. I will literally consider downsizing to a small tower house. Then I can just move it all around the shard to different places.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been trading like crazy. The jewelry box is awesome.

I have an issue with one toon.

upload_2017-12-2_20-17-13.png

He cant move or talk. Is invisible to others. Can talk in Global chat. Cant open paperdoll.

Whats wrong with him?

I just clicked Help. Got this:

upload_2017-12-2_20-21-13.png

Maybe he is customizing Brit bank.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
click on yourself and check your quest log there... not the other one but the one from your menu... you must have been on that quest you can get in Minoc...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
click on yourself and check your quest log there... not the other one but the one from your menu... you must have been on that quest you can get in Minoc...
Cant click on self or anything else. No menus. Just the highlight bars when I double click something. Have to close window to exit since paperdoll wont show.

Tried EC. The menu quest log is empty. Cant click self. Cant open paperdoll or backpack either.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cant click on self or anything else. No menus. Just the highlight bars when I double click something. Have to close window to exit since paperdoll wont show.

Tried EC. The menu quest log is empty. Cant click self. Cant open paperdoll or backpack either.
Go Honor something and kill it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guy is grey. He cant move at all. He is invisible to others. Cant talk, except in Gen chat. Cant even spin around.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had something like this when I had the ingame store open and the shard crashed. Had to call for GM help to get mobile again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When i tried to call help I got that message. Cant open that menu.

Just a random toon on a random shard. I only noticed because I was trading gift tokens. He didnt get the msg that he got one.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When i tried to call help I got that message. Cant open that menu.

Just a random toon on a random shard. I only noticed because I was trading gift tokens. He didnt get the msg that he got one.
Page on another character, just give the name and shard for the character you are paging for. A GM can find you online on any char, on any shard, on any account linked to the same master... :eyes:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[squelched]......sounds like he was targeted by a GM for spamming or something?

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
After you put more than 124 items in the jewelry box, you can't carry it like all the other items like it aka seedbox, bods, so on and so forth. To me that is extremely annoying.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After you put more than 124 items in the jewelry box, you can't carry it like all the other items like it aka seedbox, bods, so on and so forth. To me that is extremely annoying.
Can you put it on a beetle or pack animal?

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its stupid ... can't search it.

Apart from reducing items what good is it ?!?!?!?

I was so looking forward to this item, so excited to claim and use it and then ...

I had hoped it would have been like a BoD book, where you can filter searches; we have it on VS.

How amazing it would have been; now I see why it was a Xmas gift and not a 20-year reward. It's just a way to reduce item count, it's not designed to actually be useful to us players.

What a total disappointment.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is all part of what happens when you don't allow folk to test stuff.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And ....

I use single click to read item info, so each time I click on a piece (just to read what it is) it drops into my pack ! ! ! !

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea is great but it just needs some tweaks. I've not tested it but does gargoyle jewellery work and does it filter it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idea is great but it just needs some tweaks. I've not tested it but does gargoyle jewellery work and does it filter it?
Holds all garg stuff but amulets.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got mine and yes, I'm disappointed :-(

It looks great, it reduces item count, it does all the things I want it to, except the most important thing - I can't seach in it!!!

I'm a EC user and I can search in any container for items with certain properties. E.g. I run to my chest full of ring, search for all with HCI 15 and voilà: I get a nice list with all that fit my search. I can even narrow it down by adding more search terms, let's say I also need dexterity bonus.

So dear powers that be, PLEASE ADD A SEARCH FUNCTION!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like them, been playing around with them today and set up 10 of them to sort the jewels by properties. And I freed up a couple thousand in storage. Heck of a lot better than what we had before.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so I have been putting all my jewels into one of these boxes and it shows "Items: 125 / 500" so to me that would indicate it can hold 500 items. In reality it only holds 125 like any other storage box. What is the 500 limit all about @Kyronix ?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the jewelry box BUT I can't organize it because when I take something out I can't put it back where it came from.
That's bad design, @Kyronix. Please fix this omelet. The jewelry box should have at least the same "insert before" functionality that the seed box has.
Please fix this omelet.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"In reality it only holds 125 like any other storage box"
Jewelry Box.png
I have 156 items in my jewelry box. I haven't tried to add more, but it is more than 125.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK got it working now. I didn't let me drop the jewels on once it was at 125 items but I was able to add them using the "add jewelry" button.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
OK got it working now. I didn't let me drop the jewels on once it was at 125 items but I was able to add them using the "add jewelry" button.
The problem for you now is say you decide to release it, move it with the 125 items inside, you will not be able to do it, which undermines, in my opinion, the purpose of adding this to the game.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish it had a list view so I could see the stats without having to mouse over, but it's still useful. Now if you'll come out with a Wardrobe that functions the same way but for armor, I"ll be set. I will literally consider downsizing to a small tower house. Then I can just move it all around the shard to different places.
Garth you are easily pleased.

I hate it. Can't search for anything as you can with all other containers in the EC so other than freeing up lockdowns it is a total lemon.

An unsortable jewelry box is just a flipping box. May as well not of bothered. I don't want to have to set up 10-15 of em just so I can sort, bit hard too when you only have 1 char on siege per account, didn't get the option to get 7 tokens per account nor xshard em. I already have my armor sorted into chests of hats, gloves, tunics, legs, sleeves, gorgets and if I need a 20 LRC piece I use the search function in the EC to find it. Heaven forbid they put in boxes like the jewelry box for armors it would just be another lemon. As for not being able to pick it up and put it in your backpack or beetle when moving house as the item count is too high, just another example of a useless bit of design.

NO SEARCH function it is a total and epic FAIL.

Worst item ever put in after such a long time of waiting for it. Just goes to show that the devs don't actually play this game.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m leaving mine unclaimed until they tweak them a little...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I hate it. Can't search for anything as you can with all other containers in the EC so other than freeing up lockdowns it is a total lemon.

An unsortable jewelry box is just a flipping box. May as well not of bothered. I don't want to have to set up 10-15 of em just so I can sort, bit hard too when you only have 1 char on siege per account, didn't get the option to get 7 tokens per account nor xshard em. I already have my armor sorted into chests of hats, gloves, tunics, legs, sleeves, gorgets and if I need a 20 LRC piece I use the search function in the EC to find it. Heaven forbid they put in boxes like the jewelry box for armors it would just be another lemon. As for not being able to pick it up and put it in your backpack or beetle when moving house as the item count is too high, just another example of a useless bit of design.

Worst item ever put in after such a long time of waiting for it. Just goes to show that the devs don't actually play this game.
Yeah I overhyped it a tad :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m leaving mine unclaimed until they tweak them a little...
I claimed one but I refuse to use it until some bugs are worked out of them. I don't care about not being able to sort... I care about it not being able to be secured back down after filling it if you try to move it...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I guess since I play CC I am not as bothered lol :p for CC it is a huge improvement IMO. Could be better, I guess, but for lockdowns' sake it is a huge boon. I used to have bags and bags of talismans I would never use...sheep killer, etc. lol ... and now I have fewer boxes of things I will never use XD ... but should there be a monster-specific event, I will be ready to use my 100% killers :p.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My main beef is if you are finally gonna put something in game that people have been screaming for for 20 yrs why the hell would it have such hopeless functionality?

It is a glorified backpack that cannot be sorted, has zero ability to even put the items inside it into any type of order as if you move one item and go to replace it there goes any order you tried to use. Who the hell wants to mouse over 500 rings to find that ONE you are looking for? NOT ME. At least in a regular chest you can put in labelled backpacks with like lrc, mage mods, warrior mods, bard mods etc etc and sort your stuff that way in the CC, this is just totally hopeless and has even LESS functionality that stuff already existing and coded especially in the EC which has a search facility for every other container in the game accept this container.

The only difference between this and a backpack is you can toss in 500 items and they don't take lockdowns. Bugger if you wanna move it tho, we have heard what happens then, can't pick it up or resecure. I don't what to have to lockdown 20 of the damn things just to be able to 'sort' stuff which was the whole purpose of the item. Players have been asking for years for some way to store and sort jewelry. I would rather have the lockdowns if it meant you had a jewelry box that you could type in eg:

LRC
Mana Inc
Intel
[SEARCH]

or

Hit Chance Increase
Defense Chance Increase
Faster Cast Recovery
[SEARCH]

and any bits of jewelry with those mods pop up.

The seed box was a seriously poor design as well. I am sure there must be some coders out there who could code up something that is fit for purpose and actually useful. They certainly couldn't code anything WORSE than this.

Shame on anyone who had anything to do with this hopeless thing.

Now it is in game I guess that is it for another 20 years and there is NO hope for anything better. No one should be happy with this item. It is just a pity that this is what we get after waiting so long and still we have no response as to the actual bugs with it as already mentioned.

@Kyronix
@Bleak

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
My main beef is if you are finally gonna put something in game that people have been screaming for for 20 yrs why the hell would it have such hopeless functionality?

It is a glorified backpack that cannot be sorted, has zero ability to even put the items inside it into any type of order as if you move one item and go to replace it there goes any order you tried to use. Who the hell wants to mouse over 500 rings to find that ONE you are looking for? NOT ME. At least in a regular chest you can put in labelled backpacks with like lrc, mage mods, warrior mods, bard mods etc etc and sort your stuff that way in the CC, this is just totally hopeless and has even LESS functionality that stuff already existing and coded especially in the EC which has a search facility for every other container in the game accept this container.

The only difference between this and a backpack is you can toss in 500 items and they don't take lockdowns. Bugger if you wanna move it tho, we have heard what happens then, can't pick it up or resecure. I don't what to have to lockdown 20 of the damn things just to be able to 'sort' stuff which was the whole purpose of the item. Players have been asking for years for some way to store and sort jewelry. I would rather have the lockdowns if it meant you had a jewelry box that you could type in eg:

LRC
Mana Inc
Intel
[SEARCH]

or

Hit Chance Increase
Defense Chance Increase
Faster Cast Recovery
[SEARCH]

and any bits of jewelry with those mods pop up.

The seed box was a seriously poor design as well. I am sure there must be some coders out there who could code up something that is fit for purpose and actually useful. They certainly couldn't code anything WORSE than this.

Shame on anyone who had anything to do with this hopeless thing.

Now it is in game I guess that is it for another 20 years and there is NO hope for anything better. No one should be happy with this item. It is just a pity that this is what we get after waiting so long and still we have no response as to the actual bugs with it as already mentioned.

@Kyronix
@Bleak
Is it possible you actually hoard a lot of crap you'll NEVER use? lol I probably have like 50 rings, 50 bracelets and maybe 30 tallys. Half of that I could easily throw away and probably will. But I don't find it a burden to look for something. But to call it hopeless is ridiculous.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it possible you actually hoard a lot of crap you'll NEVER use? lol I probably have like 50 rings, 50 bracelets and maybe 30 tallys. Half of that I could easily throw away and probably will. But I don't find it a burden to look for something. But to call it hopeless is ridiculous.
I run vendors on 3 shards and sell jewelry. I don't 'hoard' it. Right now I play on siege, and as you can imagine a LOT of jewelry gets knocked off with no insurance so yeah I have about 20-30 bits of rings/jewelry JUST with FCR 3: FC 1 on em as people are always after 2:6 casting throw away jewels. I keep a backstock of at least a dozen or so bits of steath jewelry, same for steal jewelry and of course taming jewelry is a must. Not to mention +15 bits for all other major skills for those in training.

I then have 3 mage type chars (just on siege) that need intel, lower mana, sdi, fcr, etc I keep at least a dozen or more bits for each char gradually replacing my store with 'better' bits as I get them and taking the culled bits to the shops. Once I start a dexor on there and an archer then I will need store for those. Right now I tend to sell that type of modded jewelry.

I then have a full on crafter with every skill and keep at least 3 talismans per skill ie carp, tink, tailor, smith etc and again gradually replace talis with better ones with the excess going to the shops, on which I sell all type of crafting tallies and try to have a backstock of 5-10 bits per category so I can restock as needed. Also keep talis for slayers, mana orb replacements, bandy talis etc.

So no, I don't tend to 'hoard' I perhaps have for my personal chars a need for about 200 slots, for rings, braces, talis etc, on Siege. More on Oceania as I have all character builds on there so about 3-400 bits and 4 accounts currently open and transfer high end bits to Atlantic when I need to. But the shops require a LOT more storage. Right now on siege on rings & braces I probably have 125 on vendor, 125 in sorted backpacks for restocking and another 120 odd bits in a jewelry box that is unsorted and sucks. For talis I generally stock about 40 on the vendor then whatever I have in backstock, currently sorted and stored in backpacks for easy restocking. No point in putting them in this box as I don't have time to mouse over 50-60 stored talis just to replace the carpentry one I need to restock.

Not everyone plays the same and having waited so long for this so called 'jewelry' box it is a total fail in my view.

How is it a 'jewelry' box? It is just a box that saves lockdowns. That's it. I guess for those that play the CC they get a box with a grid in it, instead of a jumble of crap in a pack, but for those of us who play EC the grid system has been there for years so in effect this is nothing but a box to save lockdowns and no dif to any other container, in fact it is worse as it has no search function as other EC containers have and it is already bugged with picking it up and securing if it is over 125 items.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have tons of things I have no intention of ever using myself... but I do make and give out and piece together suits and things for younger newer players to keep ..... so I guess I keep stuff to give away. Hoping the people stick around.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it possible you actually hoard a lot of crap you'll NEVER use?
I will admit it. I DO!

I dont rember what am Amulet of Righteousness does or there things.

upload_2018-1-21_17-52-41.png

Theres a rune for The Darkness that I must really need to keep.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one jewelry box over 360 pieces, and a second I filled on a shard I wanted to move from with over 280 items....
I was happy to use the box till I had to move..... You cant place it in your packie, nor your pack, it wont fit!
Seems oh it cuts down the lockdowns in the house but you will not be able to do any more then move it from floor to floor or around your house by holding it in hand.
If you need to move to a new house .... you have to empty it down to the 124 items in the box and put in a packie.
This to me is not a game changer to use it if you plan to not move..... it holds a lot.

I would like to have this and the other issues repaired.. but I wont hold my breath.
I know they want to put out good things, its just the issue of importance they have to go by. I hope they can do some changes.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least in a regular chest you can put in labelled backpacks with like lrc, mage mods, warrior mods, bard mods etc etc and sort your stuff that way in the CC, this is just totally hopeless and has even LESS functionality that stuff already existing and coded especially in the EC which has a search facility for every other container in the game accept this container.

@Kyronix
@Bleak
That's what we get when the person in charge religiously refuses to use one of the two very official clients. I agree its totally ridiculous..

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the dev team does improve the jewelry box, I hope they will also consider changing the appearance of the box. I would rather have a wooden jewelry box that fits fully on a tile and can be stacked so that the stack still looks good. No legs on it, no exterior mirror, etc. Square and stackable.

The current appearance of the jewelry box looks to me like something you would put in a bedroom or some kind of "dressing room" or closet. I think it looks out of place in any other type of room.

This is kind of what I'm thinking of, but probably in a darker wood:

View attachment 76623
Oh look you can actually sort that one! And yeah I agree the design of this is totally impracticle it should of been a gold box with jewels around it, something you could STACK given that we need 20 of em to sort stuff. Should of been called a jewelry dresser not a box, nothing boxlike about it. I actually think the existing graphic is pretty horrid and looks awful in any UO setting, I hide the one I did pick behind a wall but it is seriously ugly and I dont want a row of 20 of em :(

But as per the newsletter today we are OUT OF LUCK as nothing is gonna be done about this item.

Typical, BS introduces something that will now be a bug bear for the next 20 yrs instead of actually doing it 'right' the first time.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Per the newsletter today, yall can forget any improvements to the jewelry box. It is what it is. And now we see the shape of things to come...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna didn't design that contrary to your view.
The new Artist did, and in my opinion she tried her best to make a box on quick notice. In my view the box comes out too small.
I do see Tina's view too. I would have liked that each section as is listed in the box menu did what is should. Sort the stuff!
Not that it is not useful in the shape we got but id like the box to be more like the ideas we all had 500 item 1 lock down, where its locked down or not.
It was my understanding that it was to clear up space/lockdowns and help organize the items we have.