• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I learned something today...

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
After nearly 20 years playing this game, and almost 19 of that with Ilshenar & Paragons, I only today discovered that Treasure Map drops and Paragon chest drops are not mutually exclusive.

I always thought that the Paragon chest was a replacement of the T-Map, but I killed a Paragon today and got both. I have never gotten a T-Map from a Paragon without it being in a chest, so I never knew differently. With the drop rate of both being as low as they are, the likelihood of getting both to drop is quite low. I've gotten an Artifact and a chest from a Paragon before, but I knew that was possible, just extremely unlikely.

I guess the trifecta would be getting an Artifact, T-Map and chest.

Just wanted to share. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found that out about a decade ago.

Other notable things:

It's possible to get a T-map in a Sea Serpent or Deep Sea Serpent, in addition to the one it spawns with as a fishing event. Either both will be level 1 (sea serpent) or 1 level 1, the other level 2.

Prior to the T-Map changes, the incidence of a "pink" scroll in a Fel Treasure Chest was actually separate from the Alacrity skill check found on all facets. I had a couple of maps back then where there was 1 of each.
Of course, now, the Pink/Blue/T-Map/(Powerscroll in fel only) total can be any legal combination of these, PLUS there appears to be a separate check for a map in chests that don't have scrolls as part of the loot table.