• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I know why nobody plays/wants to return

whatzupwitu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So, I reactive my account after many many years of being away. I was mainly a PvP person, running around with large guilds and just have fun on Great Lakes. So I login and go to Luna bank, and start asking people questions about the new stuff, what guilds are still around, what guilds are popular. SO the two people i was talking to were in the same PvP type guild together, and they said they were the 'best' on the shard. So I ask if I could join to get back into the game and they could duel me and stuff like that to get back into the motions and guide me a bit, and all they say is 'lol' like their rinky dink crappy guild on a dead game is too good to take a returning vet who just wants some guidance? But, to come back to uninviting people like that is probably why this game is so dead. I could place about a million houses in fel yew right now and that was certainly NOT possible when I was playing. So, I probably won't be renewing my subscription and if I ever feel like playing again, I'll probably go to a free shard but I don't feel like starting over really.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP on GL has been dwindling lately. Recently, Lake Superior PvP has been exploding, and most of the active PvPers on GL made characters on LS. As far as active PvP goes, Atlantic is first and I'd put Lake Superior as second.

Don't generalize an entire community by actions of a couple scumbags. There are more decent people in our community than there are scumbags. I am a little shocked that no one on Great Lakes was able to at least give you some direction. I know for a fact that on Atlantic if you ask for help you will be bombarded with friendly players happy to assist you.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So, I reactive my account after many many years of being away. I was mainly a PvP person, running around with large guilds and just have fun on Great Lakes. So I login and go to Luna bank, and start asking people questions about the new stuff, what guilds are still around, what guilds are popular. SO the two people i was talking to were in the same PvP type guild together, and they said they were the 'best' on the shard. So I ask if I could join to get back into the game and they could duel me and stuff like that to get back into the motions and guide me a bit, and all they say is 'lol' like their rinky dink crappy guild on a dead game is too good to take a returning vet who just wants some guidance? But, to come back to uninviting people like that is probably why this game is so dead. I could place about a million houses in fel yew right now and that was certainly NOT possible when I was playing. So, I probably won't be renewing my subscription and if I ever feel like playing again, I'll probably go to a free shard but I don't feel like starting over really.
Come to Atlantic. My guild would be more than willing to help you get on your feet again. Will help answer any questions, get you geared up, welcome you to our TeamSpeak server, whatever is needed to get you up and going.

Don't sweat the PvP jerks - just young kids probably who like to grief others. Unfortunately, that's just a part of the game now. Most PvP'ers even mock experienced players, so don't take it personal.

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I dont know about pvp, i havent done any yet, but it seems like you happened upon some nasty people. I have only met nice and helpful people so far on oceania, so i guess the community really can make or break the game. Looks like some of the people above have some good suggestions for shards for you to look at :) if you dont find what you are looking for there, come to oceania (if the ping isnt too bad) everyone there is helpful :)

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, I returned after years. I pay more. Not planning to leave. This crack is better than ever. Real life guildies out in dat der far east shards make life wonderful.
IMG_20200625_175459.jpg

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Big Feet and collar to hide the adams apple. Kinky gramps.