• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I know its an odd question: Why are so many Japanese vendors named "Pat"?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you ever go on our Asian shards... mainly the Japanese shards... you see a LOT of vendors named "Pat".

More so, I've seen small groupings of vendors (at houses outside Luna) where the owner most certainly looks like it has a Japanese owner... and vendors named "Pat".

If you were to somehow do a poll of all the vendors in all the shards... "Pat" would be a the top of the name list.

Why is this?

Anyone?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somehow I dont think thats the correct answer, but its funny just the same. No... I havnt seen vendors named "Wax On" and "Wax Off" standing together. :p

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it has something to do with when you go to rename a vendor and instead close the gump. i think it automatically changes to pat. i could be wrong! but i had it happen to me once and so i was guessing that's where it came from on the asian shards. don't know why they prefer pat...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rusker…

I think that one falls under the customizing menu:

Male
Female
Pat

So... not within the name. :)

I do remember... so long ago... vendors HAD names on the contract. I have one locked down at my mall, on my work desk for décor.