• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I keep losing my UOC macros

Beatress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How do I back them up and where do I find them. I have lost them on all shards and players 2 times this week. any help would be appreciated. sorry put this i wrong place

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How do I back them up and where do I find them. I have lost them on all shards and players 2 times this week. any help would be appreciated. sorry put this i wrong place
They are saved on a notepad doc in your UO folder. If you just search your computer for you character name is should come up under their char folder name and "macro2d". Save that to your desktop and anytime you lose them in game you can just copy and paste the macros from the desktop "backup" to the char folder "macro2d".

This is also helpful for quickly and easily copying macros from your main shard to a test shard too btw. In order to make them save you can't be logged in with that character at the time you are saving over the macros.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look in documents (or my documents) \EA games
to find your macros for each of your tunes on each shard.

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Look in documents (or my documents) \EA games
to find your macros for each of your tunes on each shard.
Uh...I have 7 accts but only actually play 2 frequently. I was playing the two yesterday. I got a 7th slot for one (yesterday) I made one 'use skill' macro for it. I logged on second acct to rez/heal newbie when he blew himself up. Worked fine for awhile when I gated back and forth to fel/tram. the one in fel (old char) lost conn...I logged back on...oops...same acct that was on, booting me off...closed all windows logged both back on...both accts had recall and stealing ONLY! the recall i never put on the newb and stealing is on the last char of 2nd acct (not char in question) and probably the last macro i made for it 2 years ago. I knew about the doc folder so went there...5 accts are missing entirely and the 2 i used last night have only the aforementioned (non-preset) macros in addition to preset.
That's a bit of a lengthy but accurately detailed acct...Any ideas? thank you.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assume classic client?

Are you using UO assist?

Do you open 2 clients at the same time?