• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I just noticed

S

ShadowJack

UO hasn't had a good expansion since second age. 10 years of sucking.

I pity people who came into this after ren. even more so people that came pub 16 and after.

Item based mmorpgs with random number generators suck. Like the skill raising grind wasn't bad enough they had to add a camping/crafting grind. Whooo

ass holes.

(inhales) sorry for yelling.

S

ShadowJack

But I will say one thing. It's the players that make this the best online game. I've tried many many others, and UO is still better, even if only because it reminds me of how good it used to be.

G

the 2nd age was one of my fav expansions. New zones were awesome yet so scary at that time (silver serps killing you with poison in seconds, OH****)

C

Charun

Ren wasn't that bad really... Even the implementation of Trammel didn't bother me that much, it was something to pancake about, but I adapted. The game was truly ruined when insurance/power scrolls was introduced.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually to yell you would have had to type in caps. And what killed uo was when they went from skill based game to item based game.

S

ShadowJack

Ea took a big dump all over it too. That was the begining of the end.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

It was the items... wait it wasn't just the items. It was taking the fantasy out of the fantasy game.

Now-a-days people play UO like they're logging on to Unreal tournament.

You could say it's the people, but it's also the game the people are forced to play with. They get the item stats that require calculators to figure out, they have soul stones and xfer tokens that make the game feel like a giant interactive mr. potato head. LRC, bandage summoners, quivers, insurance and bonded pets just let them "respawn" and jump back in.

I'm talking about the majority of fel players.

Tram players?

They play the game like it's a single player game + chat room.

(I'm generalizing of course.
)

S

ShadowJack

You're exactly right.

The 20 powerscrolls are pissing me off too. I made a necro bard to solo them since I don't have the leisure to play with other players that often and as soon as I get bara summoned I ALWAYS get pkd.

Fight back you say?

Hard to do with a non powerscrolled char and when I'm fighting ratmages and silver serps against a 5x120 mage or five

And forget paying for a magery or eval or resist scroll.

C

chrae

With all the new lands that the expansions have provided for people to go, why cant they throw the oldschoolers a bone and remove insurance from Felucca? Make it impossible for people to accidentally go there. Bring moonstones back, maybe. I can understand the beef that some players had with the lose-it-all style the game originally had when there was only Felucca and no where else to go. But some players liked that, and would like an area where items aren't invincible.

Maybe we should organize a petition? The THoC petition brought perma grey against thieves. Maybe we can achieve no insurance in Fel.

S

ShadowJack

Maybe a siege type system with one bless per char.

It'd lower the economy inflation, hopefully get rid of item based pvp, and if everyone had a thief, they could steal too.

On a happier note, i've gotten several staff of pyros lol.

Even got the classic "Hey you stole my staff, give it back please"