• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I just have to ask...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just have to ask in what template is crap like this viable, worthwhile or useful????

upload_2017-7-27_21-4-48.png

This is the kind of Legendary items I find all the time... Just where is that useful???

Not good for a mage where is the FC/FCR????
Not good for a Dexer without HCI or anything what is the point???

And furthermore for a DEXER anything that is Antique is going to blow up in flames in one fight. So again... Where does this crap come from and in what sense is this even worthwhile loot??? You look at it and you go SWEET a Legendary... and then you look closer at it and you go WTF???

So I have to ask @Bleak and @Kyronix just who are you building these drops for??? The Trash man???

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sorry but a turd is still a turd whether you place it on a plaque, shellac it, stamp it with Gold Star, or just leave the steaming pile on the ground....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a bag for antiques that go to my imbuer for unraveling and one for turn in points.

I always look for SSI on jewelry and it usually has SDI and some other random stuff like that one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a bag for antiques that go to my imbuer for unraveling and one for turn in points.

I always look for SSI on jewelry and it usually has SDI and some other random stuff like that one.
For what purpose??? Without FC/FCR it's useless for a mage no mage in their right mind would sacrifice 2/6 for a few points of SDI.... Even a Tamer desperate for Animal Lore would pass on that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That item you found would go in the unravel bag. I want SSI 10% with 35% Damage increase ONLY. I found one once but, Its imbued and will run out soon.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is there anything you DON'T complain about?? Unravel it for relic frags....or trash it for turn-in points...not everything is going to be useful....you want every piece of armor/jewelry you find to be a perfect fit?? Where's the fun in that??

I get 7-9 legendary pieces every time I do the roof....not ALL of them are viable but at least I get them....and I've gotten some pretty nice pieces.

legen.jpg

I don't find a lot for the characters I play....got lucky with with this one...but most are like o_O lol like the one you pictured....some weird combinations of skills and stats....it's just all a dice roll....lotta relic frags lol but if you get an awesome legendary piece 90% of the time it gets really boring :/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there anything you DON'T complain about?? Unravel it for relic frags....or trash it for turn-in points...not everything is going to be useful....you want every piece of armor/jewelry you find to be a perfect fit?? Where's the fun in that??

I get 7-9 legendary pieces every time I do the roof....not ALL of them are viable but at least I get them....and I've gotten some pretty nice pieces.

View attachment 69783

I don't find a lot for the characters I play....got lucky with with this one...but most are like o_O lol like the one you pictured....some weird combinations of skills and stats....it's just all a dice roll....lotta relic frags lol but if you get an awesome legendary piece 90% of the time it gets really boring :/
What's boring is grinding away at things for hours and coming home with a turd like I did. Sure I can unravel it for points... and I most certainly will... However compare mine to what you got.... What you got makes some sense..... all the bonus's on the item GO TOGETHER... NONE of the bonuses on the item I got work together in the slightest...

To me I have a limited time to spend in UO... and when day in day out you get turds... really doesn't do much for "fun" or to make me enjoy the time spent gathering it.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just have to ask in what template is crap like this viable, worthwhile or useful????

View attachment 69782

This is the kind of Legendary items I find all the time... Just where is that useful???

And furthermore for a DEXER anything that is Antique is going to blow up in flames in one fight. So again... Where does this crap come from and in what sense is this even worthwhile loot??? You look at it and you go SWEET a Legendary... and then you look closer at it and you go WTF???

So I have to ask @Bleak and @Kyronix just who are you building these drops for??? The Trash man???

Knowing how much you play.... now ask yourself this. How in the hell are there so many viable pieces out there when all you are getting is crap.... Perhaps there are people 24/7 mining legendaries that are going unchecked. I can go to any number of vendor spots and find literally thousands of nice pieces for relatively low prices and these vendors never seem to be out of stock?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Knowing how much you play.... now ask yourself this. How in the hell are there so many viable pieces out there when all you are getting is crap.... Perhaps there are people 24/7 mining legendaries that are going unchecked. I can go to any number of vendor spots and find literally thousands of nice pieces for relatively low prices and these vendors never seem to be out of stock?
Well I've often said they should be seriously glad that I don't multibox... I could.. certainly have the accounts for it... but IMO cheating in a game is losing. If you gotta cheat to make ends meet then there is something seriously WRONG... I refuse to Multibox, or script or any of that...

I will occasionally dual client... but that's about it... and I only do that when no one else is on to do something with... because unlike most folk I can't solo things... not with just one client. My T-Hunter can do up to level 4 or 5 maps solo ..... but that's it... and 5 is really pushing it... He can't do 6 because ancient wyrms and everything else dispel EV's in a nanosecond.... waste of mana... Not to mention it'd take an EV all day to kill an Ancient Wyrm. He's a simple mage with NO Eval because he has to have mining now to dig up the treasure or I'd have to yep.... your right cheat... by putting it in a davies locker and getting the exact co-ordinates to go dig it up... so I don't do that... he has mining, Cartography and lockpicking.... and I don't go stone them off when I am done digging up the chest... again that IMO is cheating.... I dig it up myself, I find it myself, and I unlock it... the only skill I don't bother with is Remove Trap... because even at GM its designed to FAIL... waste of points IMO...

But I hear your disgust Scribbles... and I know it all too well. I can't solo the roof either... I have thought about trying to .... dual clienting 2 tamers... but I don't believe that would go over very well.... and besides having done the roof on multiple occasions I can say that most the crap I get there is still crap... and getting an actual drop there! Ha! I've had more luck getting blood out of a turnip...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got ya beat ;)

legendfun.jpg

Now THAT is as legendary ring!

Trust me...I get a LOT of silly stuff like this...65 skill points and none of them go together lol...crazy stuff!

But I get good stuff too....it pretty much evens itself out after awhile.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got ya beat ;)

View attachment 69785

Trust me...I get a LOT of silly stuff like this...65 skill points and none of them go together lol...crazy stuff!

ahh come on... you telling me you dont have a gargoyle disarm thief with a hally and med gear? I love that template. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got ya beat ;)

View attachment 69785

Over all the years since Legendary's have come out I've gotten ZERO that I actually use. ZERO... crap I imbue is better...

What I'm Seriously trying to say Larisa is that they could certainly do a better job of programming things so that Legendaries are actually USEFUL... or have more potential to be useful... they know what templates we use... They know what might be good... They know what combinations would be BETTER that's for sure... and if they really DO actually play you'd think they would actually want people getting something... but my guess is they want the possibility of having a really truly legendary item to be slim to none...

I actually halfway think most the time that they are designed NOT to be useful so we'll keep grinding away thinking one day our ship will come in and we'll get something actually useful... but somewhere they are laughing knowing it will NEVER happen.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run about 1% great legendaries 10% Decent and 89% unravel. Like everything else in UO it is a number game, the more you bring home the greater the odds of hitting great pieces. Do I like grind farming? Hell no but if I want the good loot thats what it takes.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kind of find it hard to believe you haven't gotten a single useful legendary in the years you've been farming. If it is true then you have to be terrible at pvm, or you just enjoy killing low level mobs. I would say the legendary drops right now are excessive and need to be scaled back, but I am afraid it is too late.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire suit:

150/140 - strength/hp
125/191 - dex/stam
20/70 - int/mana
45/45 - hci/dci
100% DI
42% lmc

All 70's resist in vamp form and protection

Not a single legendary artifact (2 major artifacts rest imbued). Legendaries are not as necessary as many think when it comes to making good suits.

I do agree with @MalagAste that many drops are kind of useless due to unwanted/lack of matching mods.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I hate the current gear system.

There is so much volume of trash to look through, it does your head in.

And even when you find something, it fits nothing.

I cannot stand the complication, the volume, the randomness, any of it in fact.

I did pretty much quit because of this, I love the game, and much of the rest of the content, but I had no purpose, because I don't have it in me to hunt for this stuff, I have no interest in it.

We were doing Roof the other day, and my friend was looking for Legendaries - I was just delighted Juon'ar dropped some circle 8 scrolls for my Scribe Bods - that's how much I have reduced my loot expectations in this game.

I was very lucky, my guild have collected and built armour suits for me, it's the only reason I didn't quit pretty much.

Aside from the disastrous loot content, I do like and enjoy the game content, but for a long time, I felt I had nothing to play for.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
This is why I hate the current gear system.

There is so much volume of trash to look through, it does your head in.

And even when you find something, it fits nothing.

I cannot stand the complication, the volume, the randomness, any of it in fact.

I did pretty much quit because of this, I love the game, and much of the rest of the content, but I had no purpose, because I don't have it in me to hunt for this stuff, I have no interest in it.

We were doing Roof the other day, and my friend was looking for Legendaries - I was just delighted Juon'ar dropped some circle 8 scrolls for my Scribe Bods - that's how much I have reduced my loot expectations in this game.

I was very lucky, my guild have collected and built armour suits for me, it's the only reason I didn't quit pretty much.

Aside from the disastrous loot content, I do like and enjoy the game content, but for a long time, I felt I had nothing to play for.
What about training camping and item lore on the pet?!! LOL

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:postcount:

Nailed.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
UNREAL.

View attachment 69782

You got a bad RNG roll. What's the big deal? Is every piece of armor that drops supposed to be an elite uber item? If that was the case, I'm sure you'd find a reason to complain about that as well.

To me I have a limited time to spend in UO...
Well you sure have a lot of time to respond to every topic on Stratics and find something wrong about every aspect of UO.

and besides having done the roof on multiple occasions I can say that most the crap I get there is still crap... and getting an actual drop there! Ha! I've had more luck getting blood out of a turnip...
From a PVM perspective that doesn't involve multi-clienting or a Luck suit and from the experience of having done the Roof on 300-400 occasions, the Roof has the best overall Legendary drop rate. Maybe Exodus can compare, and once upon a time Scalis did as well... but I have a hard time believing you've gotten crap off of every single roof run.

But not surprised you have some how and some way found a problem with this.

Over all the years since Legendary's have come out I've gotten ZERO that I actually use. ZERO... crap I imbue is better...

What I'm Seriously trying to say Larisa is that they could certainly do a better job of programming things so that Legendaries are actually USEFUL... or have more potential to be useful... they know what templates we use... They know what might be good... They know what combinations would be BETTER that's for sure... and if they really DO actually play you'd think they would actually want people getting something... but my guess is they want the possibility of having a really truly legendary item to be slim to none...

I actually halfway think most the time that they are designed NOT to be useful so we'll keep grinding away thinking one day our ship will come in and we'll get something actually useful... but somewhere they are laughing knowing it will NEVER happen.
I get useful legendaries on a regular basis. Using Tyrath's example, I run about 1% great pieces, 10% decent pieces and rest go to the unravel bin.

For the most part, imbuing doesn't come close to the type of gear that drops. It's useful for weapons and the occasional dexxer piece, but my understanding is you limit all your game play to tamers. So again, I have a real hard time believing you're imbuing better gear than what has been dropping since the Global Loot changes that were made a couple years back.

I don't think the problem here is with the game... it's with the player.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's random for sure, but not entirely. There are skill groupings. Five of them. If you get an ability in one group you won't get a 2nd in the same group. The skill groupings need a lot of work to make them viable for templates. The skill groupings are very melee friendly, but for other templates too many supplemental skills are in the same group.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
99% of Legendary items I've actually kept but found NO use for.... are for mages of some sort...

I've rarely if ever found anything remotely viable for a Dexer and if it is it's plain leather or something so I'd lose the bonus .... or worse yet it's Mage armor...

Most my gear is Imbued or Artifacts. I've never found gear that will keep my 40LMC and high MR or jewelry that maintains the HCI and SSI that I require...

I've found ZERO bows that give SSI that is required... Infact most of the weapons I find are strangely geared to Mages... with all sorts of regen on them.... but no ML or anything I'd need...

And when I do find mage weapons.... they are not Spell Channeling so they are totally useless... what mage uses a mage weapon without SC? The instant you cast a spell the weapon is gone.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe you can spend 250k at the mage guildmaster and remove the mage armor property just like you can add it. So if you do get a good dexxer piece that's mage armor, simply pay the 250k and remove that property thus leaving you with a perfectly useable piece.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do believe you can spend 250k at the mage guildmaster and remove the mage armor property just like you can add it. So if you do get a good dexxer piece that's mage armor, simply pay the 250k and remove that property thus leaving you with a perfectly useable piece.
That is correct. I have done it several times with Legendaries.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they could improve the drop system to be a bit more intelligent and actually put skills together that actually complement one another rather than just a bunch of random crap on it.... is that not an improvement???

But by all means be complacent and accepting of Crap programming.... grab a pair of pom poms :cheerleader: and start waving like some others we know everytime they feed you a bunch of crap and grinds.... by all means.... lets continue with business as usual... allowing cheaters and bots and boxers and not say anything at all...

We keep that up and there won't be a game left to play....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This this a sincere question to you, Malag-aste, have you played other mmos extensively at all?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 69782

The properties are selected randomly. This is a good thing. First off, the good pieces are truly rare. Second, would you really rather devs picked and hard coded sets of matching properties? Out of many dozens of artifacts they designed over the years, maybe 1 in 10 are actually useable (not great - useable). Is that what you'd prefer to have as the loot system? Random loot generation allows for variety, flexibility, and a continuum of desirability. Yes, most of the drops are trash. But they are useful trash and there is nothing wrong with that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've gotten all of ONE legendary where as much as 30 points were actually useful (magery & bard, with another +15 in wrestling, which is almost more trouble than it's worth as it caused blowback on attempts to tame things that "anger"), plus the other bonuses. I bought another that had 45 points plus other bonuses, for a melee character - and I only found it on Atlantic by accident, while shopping for PS.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Question about the image / client in the first post there is this image:

imbun.png
Imbuing Intensity: 455

I always have used the CC but seeing this pic I thought so that's how they get that intensity number, I just thought everyone was just faster than me at adding up all the numbers.

So with great excitement, I installed the EC (never thought I would say that) and logged on my crafter ... but I still don't get the total at the bottom ....

Can someone tell me how I can get this Imbuing Intensity, please ...... Oh I also don't have all the pretty coloured squares, and text ...

sample imb.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 69815

I always have used the CC but seeing this pic I thought so that's how they get that intensity number, I just thought everyone was just faster than me at adding up all the numbers.

So with great excitement, I installed the EC (never thought I would say that) and logged on my crafter ... but I still don't get the total at the bottom ....

Can someone tell me how I can get this Imbuing Intensity, please ...... Oh I also don't have all the pretty coloured squares, and text ...

View attachment 69816
That's a feature of Pinco's UI for the EC: Pinco's UI

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, for true funtionality you still have to have 3rd party stuff...like UOA and CC-cept now its Pinco's and EC, well, just pinco's-but it's still a shame the game's owners and masters can't do it where it's all official.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Picture is from Pinco's UI it not only tells me what it's imbuing capacity is but it tells me that it's blue therefore it will unravel into Relic Frags... which is great... but yeah...

As for playing other MMO's yes, yes I have... many of which tailor items to sets but then most other MMO's don't allow you to custom your character anywhere near what UO does...

And @railshot as for wanting them to tailor things they could at least group them into some sort of mage/warrior or dexer/magic user or crafter selection... instead of lumping it all together in some all together useless fashion... where it isn't useable by either template or playstyle..

I would rather things came with at LEAST that in mind... instead of a grand mix of crap that isn't useable then to either group as it just pools from everything so nothing is useful.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank You ....

Installing it now .....

and updating ..........................................

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

View attachment 69815

View attachment 69816
If you would like help with Pinco's UI and getting it set up I'm more than willing to teach the finer points of it and help go through all it's features... this does take quite awhile to go through.... but IMO for the benefits for Taming, T-Hunting, Fishing up MIBs and sorting through loot..... WELL worth it.

Reactions: Pix

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This this a sincere question to you, Malag-aste, have you played other mmos extensively at all?
If she played diablo 3 she would expect to find legendary stuff that fits her template quite often.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If she played diablo 3 she would expect to find legendary stuff that fits her template quite often.
Outside of legendarys (which are the equivalent of artifacts in UO, but with some added randomness) they just have primary stat rolls tend to match your class, the rest is just random as far as I know. Plus, while it may technically fit your class, that doesn't mean it isn't ****. I don't play a ton of mmos but that's how it seems to always be. There is always a metric ton of junk.

If we had hard classes it would be much much easier to make themed random stuff, but we don't, so...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The grind in UO for a gear or artifact drop is very ridiculous. The whole game expects you to spend hours a day playing it for any hope of getting a drop. Maybe it's the lack of content that makes them do that... Crafters should be able to alter items to better fit. This would fix a lot of crafter (My) complaints and it would fix this complaint. Similar to reforging in WoW.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Imbuing intensity: more like unraveling intensity.

Counting weighting from ACTUALLY imbuing, that's about an 800-point imbuing weight - and some of the things aren't imbuable. Several of the "caps" are the max "overcap" that can occur on loot or reforged jewels, NOT the max weights for imbued items (which are lower)

Aeneas

Adventurer
Sampire suit:

150/140 - strength/hp
125/191 - dex/stam
20/70 - int/mana
45/45 - hci/dci
100% DI
42% lmc

All 70's resist in vamp form and protection

Not a single legendary artifact (2 major artifacts rest imbued). Legendaries are not as necessary as many think when it comes to making good suits.

I do agree with @MalagAste that many drops are kind of useless due to unwanted/lack of matching mods.
Great gears. If it doesnt have any antique part, I would love to see a screen shot.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I find UO's loot and RNG very crude just about every other mmorpg on the planet has a better system. I wish there was a preference built into the game to pick up certain types of items. Picking up items by hand is very tiring and stupid.