• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have the question of the Month I think

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now what I would like is a yes or no to my question and maybe a reason for you're answer after.

I have been recently encouraged bye gms responses to scripts even though I have scene that those scripts that are duel scripting on two comps comps with a gm alarm set up still can skirt around the gms my question is this.

Do you think if a gm does not Ban someone after you page on them that that person must not have been scripting or cheating?

I say this because I know for example the people in heartwood fel that are there all day 23 hours a day are scripting but because of there set up they don't get banned and someone else recently stated arrogantly well if paged on me and I am still here so they must not have been scripting or cheating and I am just a loser that is too dumb to know someone is scripting even when I see four mule chars being teleported all over there Island and all putt on one tile with there resources toggling over there heads at a rate of speed I couldn't do manually and then watch as one bye they log into each client to walk it back into there house and log out. But what do I know?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the problem is that alot of the people who are doing the scripting to farm resources or gold, USUALLY will be watching the PC. Most of the said scripts have a feature that auto closes the whole program or suspends it that can be set with a macro. So someone pages on scripter a...gm comes, scripter a hits his space bar(close program macro) answers GM...and Gm has to let him go. One of the problems is its hard to PROVE that the person is scripting. UO Assist makes alot of mundane point and clicks easy as pie with the build in macros system.

But I also would think that not everyone you page on is scripting. BUt that again is subject to the GMs and the player who reports them.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a few people on Sonoma that script heartwood quests and even resources. But they are NOT afk. They are sitting there watching TV or a movie and can see their computer screen. I am not saying that they should be able to do that but that explain why some people if you page on them they are able to respond to the GM or other players. I honestly think Heartwood should not have any guard zone at all. That way the scripters can be killed by anyone or anything. Luring is allowed in felluca right?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luring is allowed in Fel from what I understand. But To remove the guard zone would just invite griefers imo. But I have never done the heartwood quest so I dont know what really that entails.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
easiest way to tell if they are scripting is to bagball their "rails" and if they continuously try to walk straight into the bagballs without trying to navigate around them then chances are they are a scripter.

Since this is Plucky's thread I can't resist :D

"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... chances are it's a DUCK!" :ten:

A

Annienox

i would like to know plucky y are you picking on mules why dont you also go to luna bank and trun in the bank sitters there who are unattended i quote (no one is to leave a char or pet loged in game unattended ) unquote maybe you need to read the roc again and truly turn in every one who unattends there char :bdh:

E

Erowen

Obviously someone has WAY too much time one their hands.... If i made it my lifes work to stealth around and try to get ppl in trouble id just shoot myself and be done with it. Granted scripting is wrong, but ppl will get caught on there own. My god some ppl just need to make a friend and go do something productive with their time. (I know making friends is harder for certain persons) wink wink :loser:

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK folks let's not cross the line at making personal attacks. You/We all are entitled to play however we wish within the games rules. If someone wishes to spend their time reporting scripters that is up to them. If you wish to PVP that is also you. Personally I commend people that report scripter and unattended macroers because I think of scripters and macroers as the scum of the game.

A

Annienox

PASmoutaindew yes we understand that everyone can do as they please, and that is why we enjoy the game. Also not following the rules is a serious issue and we understand that and it should be stopped. Unfortunately some people that are trying to "police our shard" (which may be needed) don't understand that some crafters do work that hard at what they are doing. And just because we choose not to respond to people that we don't know or don't like doesn't mean that we are cheating in any way, shape or form. I for one have gotten to talk to many GM's because of this and I am a little tired of the accusations of being a "Scriptor".

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A simple acknowledgment when someone interacts with you isn't that hard is it? Surely the crafting game is not so all-consuming that we can't observe simple civility to strangers? It is a multiplayer world, even when we're sometimes playing the BOD solitaire game :)

I

IRS

Some people play the game to get some peace and escape the daily bs in rl, there is a difference in replying to a civil hello and replying to someone bugging you to see if your there or afk.. I am not one who responds to people who are trying to see if I am macroing afk, let them clog up the help request with bogus calls.. If you wish to be noble join the armed services.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*raises eyebrow*

Now to be fair, I don't believe that players should be involved in policing the game. I don't want the game being a police state with paramilitaries asking for papers every few seconds. Unfortunately, it's not an ideal world. Sometimes the GM's need a little hint where to look for the zombie players. If your attitude is that you don't care about wasting GM time when it would take a moment of common decency to answer a hello, then sorry, I have to consider you part of the problem.

I

IRS

*raises eyebrow*

Now to be fair, I don't believe that players should be involved in policing the game. I don't want the game being a police state with paramilitaries asking for papers every few seconds. Unfortunately, it's not an ideal world. Sometimes the GM's need a little hint where to look for the zombie players. If your attitude is that you don't care about wasting GM time when it would take a moment of common decency to answer a hello, then sorry, I have to consider you part of the problem.
Let me get this straight, you dont want a police state in the game, but seeings its not an ideal world I need to respond to every duechebag in the game that has a hardon thinking Im afk when Im really not? obama will appreciate your vote this election.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me get this straight, you dont want a police state in the game, but seeings its not an ideal world I need to respond to every duechebag in the game that has a hardon thinking Im afk when Im really not? obama will appreciate your vote this election.
How does Barak Obama have anything to do with Ultima Online? Why bring him up? If you must know I am registered Democrat and I have been planning on voting for him since the beginning.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consider it "neighbourhood watch" program. That's politically neutral isn't it?

( oh, I'm sure Obama would enjoy the privilage of my vote ... the only problem is that he's not running for office in my country )

I

IRS

How does Barak Obama have anything to do with Ultima Online? Why bring him up? If you must know I am registered Democrat and I have been planning on voting for him since the beginning.
ah where did it say I must know? like I give two ****s

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
( oh, I'm sure Obama would enjoy the privilage of my vote ... the only problem is that he's not running for office in my country )

OMG that was funny. I haven't laughed this hard in ages.
Thanks Lord Maplestone