• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have some sad news

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we were sitting down to our evening meal today we received a telephone call from West Yorkshire police who were trying to find the next of kin for a man who had been found deceased at his home. Our telephone number was among his effects.
Sadly we on Europa knew him as Barian.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That’s very sad news - although he’s not been in game for a couple of years, his namesake cat is still at West Britain Bank.
Rest in peace Barian.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Such sad news so sorry to hear this. I only pop in to Stratics once in a while, and this is terrible news. My condolences to his family and friends.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
words fail me, I don't check in here much any more but I do think of some of the people I used to play or deal with with on a regular basis, and Barian is one of those.

This hits oddly hard, as I remember Barian as being one of the nicest guys on the shard and I remember some of my first dealings with him being when he helped me out not long after I started playing.

RIP Barian.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Very sad to hear about this, albeit a few months late. Barian always struck me as a really genuine person who cared deeply about his community and friends. He was the last shard-specific moderator we had here on Stratics, as even when the rest of us transitioned into general moderators he wanted to focus solely on the Europa forum to take care of the community here, as he had for so many years. Rest in peace.