• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have seen some weird things but.......

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I am farming swoop training a GD up and another character materializes in the same area. She is giving commands and going through motions just as if she were there training a pet on swoop. Except she was not there. Could not interact with her, she was not seeing what I was typing, could not open the paperdoll........... So I get curious and start logging in and out of different shards and running to swoop. As I came through the Spirituality gate on Lake Austin I saw the same toon enter the gate and by the time I got to Luna I was in time to see her recall away from the stable. Neither here nor there........ But has anyone else ever seen a ghost of another toon on another shard like this? Seems like it should not be possible given different servers etc.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, but I have managed to log into one character, only to have it load a character on a completely different account. That one seems to have something to do with the way the login process works with accounts coming from the same IP.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm another wierd one a couple days ago, I log Itchy Rash out and log Tyrath on and about 10 minutes later there is poof and Itchy Rash appear right where I logged him out looking all Orc like in his big majick flippers. Itchy just stood there about 10 minutes and then disappeared. What is weird there is Tyrath and Itchy are on the same account.........

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The creation of Eodon and the introduction of dinosaurs, left a rift in the time space continuum, so strange events will occur now and then. Nothing to worry about. :eyes:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The one with Itchy is due to the Flippers, it has happened a lot to me. the one with the char on another server i would imagine to be a cloud error

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few days ago I went to give an item to a friend of mine, when the screen popped up, the name on my side was my character from another account, but my friend says it showed my correct name on his side.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one with Itchy is due to the Flippers, it has happened a lot to me. the one with the char on another server i would imagine to be a cloud error
That was my first thought since the flippers going on sound preceded Itchy materializing. Didn't think about things being on the cloud and more connected together. Neither issue had an effect on game play other than I had to go running from server to server to see if someone was really doing swoops and it was bleeding through or if I was just seeing relics, or if Captain Morgan was giving me visions.